Exclusive: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 confirmed with 4GB RAM

After reporting some exclusive information about the screen, design, and the processor of the Galaxy Note 5, we have been able to source information about its memory and some other things.

We have received confirmation from our reliable insiders that the Galaxy Note 5 will feature 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM. The Exynos 7422 SoC, that will debut with the Galaxy Note 5, will be the company’s first true single-chip solution (ePOP) combining an octa-core 64-bit CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, and the Shannon 333 LTE modem in the same package.

Going by the previous reports, the Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920) will feature a 5.67-inch Super AMOLED QHD display and an S Pen. Just like the Galaxy S6, the upcoming flagship product from the South Korean smartphone giant will feature a glass back and support for wireless charging. The wireless charging solution in the Note 5 will be compatible with WPC and PMA standards. The device will be offered in four colors; black, gold, silver, and white.

The Galaxy Note 5 was originally planned to be launched at IFA 2015, but rumours have started pouring in stating a possible early launch, possibly during mid-August. It is being speculated that this early launch is due to below par sales of the Galaxy S6 duo, and that the company wants to fend off competition from the upcoming iPhones.

Phones 31

martindale
martindale

I can only think of one material worse than metal for a phone’s structure, and that would be glass. Given that the odds are that Samsung will choose or other for the Note 5, I took the chance to get the Note 4 whilst prices have already been depressed by Note5 fever, before they bounce back when people realise the shattering glass truth!

andres ross
andres ross
Samsung is now rolling out the much-anticipated Lollipop update to all models of the Galaxy S6 located in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Norway. As for as addedfunctionality goes, this upgrade transports the latest build of the Android operating system to the handset, in addition to a truckload of bug fixes and stability improvements. All the changes you’d expect to find in the Lollipop software are bundled into this upgrade, including support for multiple accounts, improved notifications, stronger 256-bit encryption, a smoother multitasking experience and the recently-announced Material Design guidelines. As usual, the upgrade is being rolled out in stages, but… Read more »
preime101
preime101

A glass back and nonremovable battery means I won’t be trading in my note 3 for the note 5 🙁 some i was really looking forward to getting an upgrade. Maybe I’ll go with the note 4…

kloony11
kloony11

Can’t wait, but I can’t help wondering if this all in one chip solution will prove to be reliable over time…

Ahmedivx
Ahmedivx

I’m not sure if this happened with anyone else, after updating my s6 edge to 5.1.1, i got some lags here and there while using the phone, i didn’t get these lags at all on 5.0.2 and yes I did a full factory reset/ data wipe out

ATrain40
ATrain40
I dunno about alot of the folks here but what I like about removeable batteries and SD cards is the convenience for modding, traveling and heavy usage. I often have multiple third-party recovery backups (TWRP) on my SD card for different ROMs and without the ability to store these backups on a removeable card, my device is going to fill up extremely quickly (most backups are AT LEAST several gigs in size). Also, if you’ve never had the convenience of popping in a fresh 100% charged battery in less than 15 seconds after the other one is nearly dead, you… Read more »
Gaston95
Gaston95

You right, I see samsung breaking its face if it keeps removing things that users got used to.

kennonk
kennonk

Gah, I liked the rumors that had the Snapdragon 810 as the chipset because then I wasn’t tempted to buy one. But now that it will be the newest Exynos I am really bummed. My S6 is only 3 months old dammit! 😉

Tondern
Tondern

You already have a fantastic Exynos in the S6, be happy!

gyrex
gyrex

How does this work with a 32 bit o/s like android? A 32 bit o/s can only address 3gb of RAM…

phate89
phate89

Lollipop is 64 bit

gyrex
gyrex

I wasn’t aware until now, thanks.

q8peace
q8peace

yes i think note 5 will have 4 gigs as the cpu fully support 64 bit and it must have to be diffrent than note 4 or s6 / also s7 will have 4 gigs ram

Channel42x
Channel42x

This phone is gonna make me save €749, because based on the rumours, I don’t want it. Not excited for it, nothing…

Isn’t there really gonna be any phone this year that’s gonna push me over to really want it?! Not one single phone this year has impressed me yet. And seems like we’re gonna continue to not like anything.

So… To Shamesung, please take a look at the NOTE 4, and make one like that, but better.

SamMobile1811
2 years 15 days ago
SamMobile1811

4GB RAM is Actually Obvious for Note 5.. it’s 2015-16 Flagship !! Other than obvisous flagship configs, I’m hoping for a 21MP rear Shooter with 4K@60fps 😀

q8peace
q8peace

me too 4 gigs will take fully advantages of the cpu

yoosufmuneer
yoosufmuneer

16MP is enough. More megapixels on a same size sensor= Worse Low Light performance.
All I want is 16MP 1.1″ Sensor,f/1.9 Aperture and Improved OIS and 4K @60 fps and smooth slow mo @120 fps.

q8peace
q8peace

its not problem get a phone with 21 mp and downgrade it to 16 mp in camera menu

phate89
phate89

That’s not the same thing. The pixels are still the same size. Doesn’t matter if you scale it down..

MStuart
2 years 15 days ago
MStuart

If Samsung doesn’t fix their software problems with multitasking, they might as well include 64GB of RAM and it wouldn’t make a difference.

S6 users are still waiting…

yoosufmuneer
2 years 15 days ago
yoosufmuneer

I guess it is fixed. I watched a speed test and a review the other day I am sure it is fixed.

andres ross
andres ross

What test u talking about?????

wpDiscuz