Exclusive: More details about the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge Plus

The official announcement of the next-generation Galaxy Note device is expected to happen during IFA 2015, and as the time is nearing, we are getting more information regarding the device. Today, we have some exclusive information regarding the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge Plus.

The Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge Plus, will feature 5.7-inch (5.67-inch to be exact) Super AMOLED displays with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, and will be offered in four colors; black, gold, silver, and white. The Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920) will have a flat display, while the Galaxy S6 edge Plus (SM-G928) will come with a dual-edge curved display. According to the information we’ve received, both these upcoming phablets from Samsung will feature glass backs, just like the Galaxy S6 duo, so it is possible that both will lack removable battery or a microSD card slot.

The Galaxy Note 5, which is codenamed ‘Project Noble‘ internally, is expected to feature an Exynos 7422 processor. This SoC is expected to be the company’s first true all-in-one solution (also known as ePoP), combining a 64-bit octa-core CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, and the company’s homegrown Shannon LTE modem in a single package. The company was also testing the Exynos 7430 chipset and a 4K display for the device, but decided to settle for the Exynos 7422 and a 2K display for this year.

The Galaxy S6 edge Plus, which is codenamed ‘Project Zen‘ internally, will feature a hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor, 32GB of internal storage space, a 16-megapixel primary camera with OIS, 4K video recording, a 5-megapixel secondary camera, and a 3,000 mAh battery. It will run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, and might come with an option to store RAW images. It is also being rumoured that it will finally come with a fix for TouchWiz RAM issues that is plaguing the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge.

Phones 29

aries66
1 year 11 months ago
aries66

Non-removable battery is disappointing ! Phone design is good but what’s the use of being with No-MicroSD expansion for high end phablet. I think I’ll go for other brand instead if this rumour is true.

fullbazak
2 years 13 days ago
fullbazak
I Like Samsung Mobile I have Galaxy Note 4 please company Samsung make mobile smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 OLED Curved body and display 8k ,3D Samsung Galaxy Note 5 OLED : OLED,(fully aluminium) and a 68 megapixel camera and Secondary 24MP with 8K and D3 ( for image quality and dynamic range. An all-new FX-format full-frame image sensor design—low-pass filter processing for flawless detail retention from snow white to pitch black, beautiful noise-free images from , an extremely wide dynamic range, flattering well-saturated skin tones and much more….. A deeper grip ensures stable handling, even for small hands. A… Read more »
mikromidas
2 years 14 days ago
mikromidas

No SD card support, no removable battery, and glass back.
All of these are deal breakers for me.
My Note 3 will have to do, and LG may be next.

kev18999
2 years 14 days ago
kev18999

One Plus Two will most likely be my next phone if the rumor holds true. 4GB RAM, 5.5″, USB-C, all for $450.

thegeneral2010
thegeneral2010

i really don’t believe that some ppl here asking for 4k display 4k is the biggest gimmick in history that’s why apple processing power greatly increases with every flagship because they maintain the same resolution and upgrade the processor so users can feel the difference.

SamMobile1811
2 years 14 days ago
SamMobile1811

never settle

stondec
stondec

I’m not overly excited so far. The most important specs I’d want to see are:
1. Removable 4500mAh battery
2. 128GB internal storage option on day one with micro SD support (or 200GB internal storage if no micro SD support)
3. USB 3.1 with type C connector
4. IP68 certification
I was also hoping for a Galaxy Note 5 Edge and 4K display.

We’ll see what the final specs are. I might be keeping my Note 4 if the internal storage and battery are inadequate for me.

Ruturaj001
Ruturaj001

Looks like 7422 won’t be a big upgrade from 7422, Samsung please upgrade your GPU fomr T760, I want T860/T880. And A72’s single core performance.

andres ross
andres ross

Might as well keep the S6 sense the GN5 will have the same display with no removable battery or SD card upgrade for wat screen size differences.. NEVER IT WILL BE A WASTE SMH @SAMSUNG

andres ross
andres ross

Terrible news just hope it’s not so cuz I surely was Goin to give up my S6 for the GN5 thinking it will have 4k display with removable battery and SD card…SMFH SAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

gtm55
gtm55

Very, very disappointed with this news… I had all G Notes since the early days and now the 4th and Note Pro 12.2 but it seems that I have to jump ship to LG as I really need to swap batteries; sd card is a must also…

eHoolie
eHoolie

I guess we shall see in September what actually happens.

q8peace
q8peace

these rumurs dont sound good am waiting

q8peace
q8peace

sucks spec very disappointing let this device come and no one will buy it and i will find some custom rom based note 5 touchwiz to our beloved note 3 that have removable battery and sd card why should i buy an android that dont have sd card and removable battery if that the case than i may go with apple iphone 6s its even will support me five years with newer features software

richie007bond
richie007bond

Very disappointed with the note 5 specs, I was hoping for a 4k screen at least. VR needs a 4k screen my Note 4 is lacking pixels when using the gear VR I hate the screen door effect and burry text. If this turns out to be true I’ll give the note 5 a miss and see how apples next phone turns out, my Note 4 will do as I don’t think the note 5 is worth the upgrade.

Proximately
Proximately
Same here, the main reason I’ve been holding out for a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has been the Gear VR. If they don’t provide ample upgrades in terms of resolution in comparison to the Galaxy S6 I’ll probably give it a pass. I’ve loved the idea of a Galaxy Note 5 at 4K for VR, that was why I would be willing to hand over the cash, but if this one won’t be able to reach that level of fidelity then it just doesn’t warrant that extra money. These are still to be counted as rumors, but if they turn… Read more »
Channel42x
Channel42x

Glass back? No chance!
No bigger screen? No chance!
No MicroSD? No chance!
And I guess a protruding camera too? No chance for that as well!
Note 5 is not gonna be worth my time…

Ray Yarrell
Ray Yarrell

Regardless of what you say the best phablet on the market today is the Galaxy Note products nothing else matters on android

TheSparda
TheSparda

Snapdragon 808 for the S6 Edge plus? Why downgrade a “plus” version like that? I am sure that it will have lags. LG G4 seems to have some issues with speed for me, and it uses the SD808. Now fast forward to the S6 edge plus with touchwhiz….

LoganSamsungg
LoganSamsungg

Very bad news for me!!! I was expecting to have an amazing experience with the 4K display in the Note 5 through the new Gear VR that may be released along with the Note 5. Now it seems to be disappointed about my expectation…

LoganSamsungg
LoganSamsungg

Disappointing*

neflictus
neflictus

Good news, good news indeed. Note 5 will have the posibility to shoot in RAW format using the stock camera.
By the way things are moving, S7 will have manual shutter speed. Or maybe they’ll save it for the S7 Plus. Who knows.

Samsung rules.

ProdByEchelon
ProdByEchelon

So far so good! I’m happy the Note 5 won’t be bigger than my Note 4

mohd20152015
mohd20152015

you happy without sdcard and you cant remove battery you are crazy Samsung copy apple company they both love money

ProdByEchelon
ProdByEchelon

And it better have 4GB RAM since RAM management is an issue and I’ll be EXTREMLY disappointed if it doesn’t have USB-C.

j2001m
j2001m

Also if the plus as sd808 it will also not have ufs 2.0 as its not supported so a big downgrade, so back to emmc 5.0 and also no dd4 and back to ddr3
There is no way this phone can be sold without sd card, I will give Samsung an hard time if they do, it will also be slow and lag like crap like the s5 and note 4

SamMobile1811
2 years 14 days ago
SamMobile1811

Note 4 Lag ?? LOL

niesig
niesig

That will be good, USB-c … hopefully all coming out at end of the year will be like that.

They still … push 32G space, the phones will cost quite some $$ … why not add 64G-128G as minimum

wpDiscuz