Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920) tech specs and S6 edge + leaked

We have a new leak on the upcoming Galaxy Note 5 from @evleaks. According to the serial leakster Evan Blass, the device will pack a 5.66-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels and an octa-core Exynos 7420 processor (four cores are clocked at 2.1GHz whereas the other four cores at 1.5GHz). Other tech specs included are: 4GB of RAM, multiple native storage options due to no microSD card support, Android 5.1.1 Lollipop running out of the box, and an impressive 16-megapixel primary shooter accompanied by a 5-megapixel frontal camera.

Along with these tech specs, we also have an image of what the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge+ will look like. As you can see below, the devices seem to have similar dimensions. The image also shows the S Pen stylus that’s due to be included with the Galaxy Note 5 with a new push-to-release mechanism. We’ll hear more about this device when Samsung will be hosting its Unpacked event on the 13th of August, when they’ll most likely announce these devices. Let us know what you think about these specs by leaving a comment.

galaxy-note-5

Source

Phones 94

dawinchi818
dawinchi818

rly simple
disoppointed

double-one
double-one
It´s very simple: They make more money with us if our data is in “the cloud” ! Samsung throws every month a dozen of new phones into the market. Do you really think they are not capable of making two versions of their top phones. One with UFS 2.0 (In my eyes only usefull if smartphones comes with a minimum of 256GB storage) and one with External SD ( The new, fast ones they allready have tested 😉 ). But they don´t have pressure to do it, If most people buy the Note5 with UFS. Samsung is snobbishly as Apple… Read more »
Crazy Johnny
Crazy Johnny
I suggested to Samsung in an email that they should make 2 versions of the Note 5. One being the version they’re getting ready to release, and a classic version with all the features Note users have come to rely on. I could care less about style. I currently have a Note 3 with a 10,000 mah battery and a 64gb sd card. I was planning on getting the Note 5 and beefing it up the same way, but now I might have to go with an LG G4 or just hang on to my Note 3 a while longer.… Read more »
JazzyJayBEE
JazzyJayBEE

This wait for 8/13 is painful, I hope this Note 5 has a SD card slot, otherwise I’ll have to keep my Note 3 and wait to see what LG does with their so-called LG G4 Pro..

alozide
alozide

Samsung is on a path of change which in my opinion is to please the people who buy or own apple iphone devices, with no interest in the loyalty of the very people who have bought their devices in the past, removing options like SD card slot, IR blaster, waterproofing etc. Looks more and more like apple’s styling and function, “Samsung the new Apple company”

frodo69
frodo69

sounds like the note 5 will be a flop. no reason to upgrade from the 4

oresamawasugoi
oresamawasugoi
What I have is a Note 3. Love that phone, but I wish it would be a little bit more capable, especially the pen. What I expected from the Note5 is, to be snappier (I use it a lot and with lots of app switching), a bigger screen, much better battery life. The specifications aren’t in that favor. I don’t want to change the brand, for as others don’t have the pen. I love that little smart plastic stick. I like drawing with it, I like to write with it, select things on that screen. Sure the Note5 will offer… Read more »
ShangTsungg
ShangTsungg
The amount of comments on gsmarena, phonearena and sammobile says enough. Let your voice be heard, do NOT buy the note 5 if these specs and rumours are true (especially the SD card and removable battery lacking features) and stick with your note 3 or 4. No one cares about slightly faster reading speeds or cloud BS if that means sacrificing one or more legacy features that the majority of Note users want. People want value for their hard earned money – if these rumours come true on August 13, then skip this new iteration or find something that does… Read more »
eLg1
eLg1

Who made all those stupid decisions to cannibalize the design of new note? I just do hope all those idiots who were behind the decision to remove SD card slot will be fired once Samsung realizes how much profit they lost. They didn’t learn anything from poor sales of Galaxy S6… I had all Galaxy Notes previously but with no micro SD slot, bye bye Samsung, I will look elsewhere…

popm
popm

16 and 5 is favorit number of samsung and now the new song no microsd

NULUSIOS
NULUSIOS
Yeah congratulations Samsung for not listening to your client base. Where do you make your market researches? In your offices? Non removable back, we said ok, maybe Samsung finally knows how to make good batteries that don’t die so easily (and not talking about capacity). No SD, we said well maybe they cannot do it because of the new storage subsystem (of course you can). Screen same and even a bit smaller than Note 3 (wtf!?). And you couldn’t even put in 7422 instead of 7420. Good luck treating your “geek” series (Note) like your “fashion” series (S). No go.… Read more »
NULUSIOS
NULUSIOS

I skipped N4 to wait for N5 (and x64 architecture).
Now N4 looks better than ever.
Will wait for Xperia Z5 if they make it and even better LG G4 Pro or something.

Ruturaj001
Ruturaj001
I don’t think SOC in the devices you mentioned will even perform as good as 7420. If they just change the number from 7420 to 7422 is okay with you. I thought being a geek you will ask for improvement in terms of manufacturing process (14nm LPP and/or ePoP), better GPU (T860/T880), may be newer cores (A72). At this time it looks like Snapdragon 820 won’t be ready, so forget about G4 pro or Z5 doing better than Note 5/S6. with very thin chances they might have SD 820 which will have approx same performance as 7420. If you really… Read more »
manojmcn
manojmcn
Given the new design philosophy, I think its better to keep the expectations in line with what we saw with S6/S6 edge. No expectations of MicroSD or removable battery. Hence I think the best the Samsung can do with Note 5 is: 1. Retain all good features of S6(build, fingerprint scanner, touchwiz improvements,wireless charging etc) 2. Exynos 7420 with higher clock speed or 7422 with improvements over 7420 3. Promote 64GB version as default 4. Camera improvements (RAW + better Whitebalance control for low light) 5. Battery, something in excess or nearly 3500mAh (4100mAh would be great) 6. Samsung Pay… Read more »
robertkoa
robertkoa
Kind of sad that Samsung may be turning the Note 5 into more of a “Consumer Device” like S6 rather than a Professional Business Class Device as previous Note Series has been. 1) Glass Back though elegant is less practical and increases fragility especially on a larger Device 2) No removable Battery is a serious omission. To be able to swap battery before an important meeting/presentation/ quick photo session/ email proposal etc. etc. can be a lifesaver. Using a new Battery after 200 to 400 charge cycles ( 4-6 months for some Users) gives longer runtimes. 3) Omitting SD Storage… Read more »
manojmcn
manojmcn

True; Not all but there are a couple of id!ots among the moderators who think they own the world. Don’t care for them, just register again and comment.

There were cases when some one copy-pasted news from other sources but had some error. When I pointed out, they corrected the news, but deleted my comment. But there was another case when the author acknowledged in reply too.

Unlike other popular tech channels, some moderators here are extremely insecure.

manojmcn
manojmcn

Sammobile has been reporting that the alleged battery size for Note 5 is 4100mAh. Suddenly in this post this guy (Gensthaler) writes its 3220mAh (seems its edited out now). I put a comment asking why the contradiction now. Not sure what was wrong with the question, I see the comment has been deleted. Quite an arrogant moderator.

manojmcn
manojmcn
Lol the same guy is at it again. For the news titled “Samsung & LG increase production of flexible OLED displays” I spotted a mistake and commented under the news. Now I see the guy (same as this news) has corrected the news and deleted my comment. Is there no other person at Sammobile to control this guy? Did I comment anything wrong. If so, why did he correct the wordings in the news? ———- my comment ———– “LCD panels brought a $131.4 billion in sales last year whereas in 2015 they only delivered $129 billion” Seems something is wrong… Read more »
CodeNameRedNeck
CodeNameRedNeck

I sure hope they are wrong about the processor. I would like more than what already came out earlier this year.

tpeter
tpeter

No removable battery (+4000) , SD slot , IR blaster = no need new NOTE

Darkwing3
Darkwing3

I don´t pay hundreds of dollars for a Note 5, that isn´t much better than my Note 4.
I don´t need a faster processor or 4 Gb of RAM, because my Note 4 works without any lags too and a camera update isn´t enough to pay so much money. Everything else seems to be the same. Primarily I need a SD-Card-Slot and the possibility to remove the battery.
If the rumors are true, I´ll stay with my Note 4 and wait for a really “new” Smartphone next year. The Note 5 seems to be an update of the Note 4 only.

robertkoa
robertkoa

Slight update but you will lose SD Card and swappable Battery on a Note 5 and have fragile glass back.
Note 4 is the best Android so far in many ways- too big for me but great Design and function. Note 5 seems like one step forward two steps back.

Phoenix2
Phoenix2

But then remember that most people who’ll buy the Note 4 will be using older phones. I agree with you though, (if I had the money) I’d hesitate to jump to the Note 5 from my Note 4

DerpyNerd
DerpyNerd

I don’t care that much about the removable battery but it’s a step backwards for sure.

Proud note 1, 2, 3 and 4 owner.
I would say… if the storage options are free and adequate, I will buy the note 5, if not then good bye samsung.

But that means, when i’m on the road I won’t be able to access my files unless I use my data plan.

I hope this decision will bankrupt samsung…

Sugit Pupillam

I’ll be saving myself from: the frustration of no sd card, the lack of front speakers, and spending $300 or $400 dollars more when I dump my Note 3 and buy the Moto X Pure instead of this gilded turd. KMA Samsung

rainerm
rainerm
I have a Note 1, Note 3 and I couldn’t wait for the Note 5. But without Micro SD and exchangeable Battery, no way to buy it… I still have some hope that these are just rumours. Hard to believe that they would unpack TWO (so said) “top” phones with both the same mistakes applied. A smart company would at least offer one REAL alternative. I predict a good part of former Note buyers will switch to other vendors for the next 1-3 years. Any leaks yet on the specs of the Galaxy Note 7? This might be my next… Read more »
eaglevision
eaglevision

Not going to waste my money for another Samshit crap..

oldaro
oldaro

No more Samsung for me. I have the Note 2 and this one has unique features in comparission with the S3. Samsung disappointed me with the Note 5; it is not revolutionar like the other Note’s. Note 5 is just a bigger S6 with a stylus and nothing more. My next phone will obviously be the LG G4 Pro (if the rumours are true).

Phoenix2
Phoenix2

We don’t really know what the software will bring just yet… so who knows

TFShaw
TFShaw

Well I was looking forward to this and had planned on buying it to replace my aging GS4 but the Moto X Pure is looking better and better. I will wait and see what the Note 5 really has to offer. I know I’m not spending $800 to $1000 on a device which features that I like have been removed. Plus Samsung is always so slow to update Android. Other devices are definitely getting my attention.

gazadon
gazadon

I am curious. What other manufacturer updates Android faster? Because I have been using samsung since the S2 and have used other manufacturers as well. Motorola, Sony & LG. And in my experience the Samsung devices get OS updates faster than the others. But I should mention that i don’t use carrier branded devices so i am wondering if you do.

thegeneral2010
thegeneral2010

Sammobile is really doing very weak effort when it comes to note 5 its 12 days now till the release if the phone and spec of note 5 is still not clear enough.

Martin R.
Martin R.

SamMobile?? Samsung Mobile you mean?

bkydcmpr
bkydcmpr

why do I need a phone like this when s6 is cheaper?

wpDiscuz