Huge hardware changes predicted for the Galaxy S8

The Galaxy S8 is going to be a crucial device for Samsung as it seeks to salvage its reputation after the botched launch of the Galaxy Note 7. It’s entirely possible that Samsung would want to push the envelope on its next flagship to show consumers and its rivals that it’s still capable of making great devices. A report out of South Korea predicts that Samsung will introduce huge hardware changes with the Galaxy S8.

The report claims that Samsung might remove the home button from the Galaxy S8. This might compel you to ask where the fingerprint sensor will go, Samsung is reportedly going to integrate it right into the display itself. Samsung’s dual-edge displays have allowed the company to eliminates bezels from the sides of its flagship smartphones and it’s now expected to expand the curved display to the top and bottom edges of the Galaxy S8. If this is true it would mean that the next flagship will truly be “full-screen.”

It’s also claimed that the Galaxy S8 is going to be the first handset in this series to feature a dual-camera. A component industry representative cited in the report says that Samsung has already finalized this decision and that now it’s just in the process of deciding whether to use an all-in-one dual-camera or separated dual-camera.

Samsung is also said to launch the Galaxy S8 earlier than expected to contain the fallout from the Galaxy Note 7 debacle that just doesn’t seem to be in a mood to end. However, the company will probably think twice about this as many believe that the Galaxy Note 7 was rushed to beat the iPhone 7 and we all know what happened next. It will surely go the extra mile to ensure that these issues don’t surface in its next flagship smartphone.

None of this has been officially confirmed as yet so take it with a grain of salt. We’re likely to hear more about this device in the coming months. The Galaxy S8 will be out in the first quarter of 2017.

Via

Phones 26

gtone339
9 months 17 days ago
gtone339

Rumours! Sorry can’t accept this prediction straight from the media.

utvic99
9 months 19 days ago
utvic99
So, Samsung is now most probably removing the headphone jack that they used to mock iPhone about (ironically, at the release of the notorious Note 7). Don’t care, but come on, make a decision already – do you like 3.5 mm jacks or not? iPhone might not be my choice, but Apple doesn’t let customers down, they give them what they promised, they don’t put a lot of new stuff they haven’t even tested and they use common sense and brain when they make their phones, and never have any issues (particularly not exploding-in-pocket issues) other than customization limit (but… Read more »
Peufpeuf
9 months 18 days ago
Peufpeuf
Totally agree! Samsung want to release new features a way too fast unlike apple, by doing so their devices lacks or had many badly managed hardware issues. I really like samsung by it’s functionality, especially the notes range. But sometimes I’m wondering if sammy’s better take apple’s initiative, I’m not saying they have to copy apple but to improve their devices slowly but surely. I won’t buy newly devices anymore, not to say that I don’t like samsung anymore, but since I got my s6E I wouldn’t have changed it if there weren’t that battery issue. Now I’m on note5… Read more »
warlockba
9 months 17 days ago
warlockba
Actually Samsung does not release new features. Unlike Apple, they throw them out on the market (as most of the oems do – not Samsung necessarily, so we don’t start Apple fanboism here), and then they think what they are good for and try to make a system out of it. When Samsung Gear 1 was released, Samsung just hit the market with it, without much in terms of apps / features – and tried gradually to discover what their product is actually good for – and those features got released later for newer watches, and almost none for the… Read more »
DareDevil01
9 months 19 days ago
DareDevil01

No issues? You must not remember the iPhone 6 the way I remember it. There are now reports of exploding iPhones, not because of a battery flaw but because of the infamous structural flaw of the iPhone 6/6 Plus. The ones that have blown up have been due to the battery being compromised by the bending structure.

pedrinho1977
9 months 19 days ago
pedrinho1977

But not enough for a recall how many Note 7 have exploded so far? Before and after recall.

drmodify
9 months 18 days ago
drmodify

same amount or more or less as much as Iphones have exploded. It’s just that the Note 7 admitted it hence the public was aware (hawthorne effect) and apple didn’t.

pedrinho1977
9 months 18 days ago
pedrinho1977

Witch one are you talking about when you say iPhones? Here i’m just talking about the note 7 not all samsung phones are you counting from iphone 2G to iphone 7?
Because that’s not fair because if i count all samsung phones then.

strazzi
9 months 19 days ago
strazzi

I think that next year is the first year that i will not buy a new phone. Everything looks that all OEM-s vent nuts and my S7 EDGE is still top shit device. So this is probably the first phone in 10 years that i will not change for new one after one year. They will not see my money. 🙂

Total Faith
9 months 18 days ago
Total Faith
I would say the same if I had an S7. But as I have the S6 I really wanna upgrade my Android power user experience^^ I will wait for the Nougat Update. If it brings back battery life to at least 3 hours SOT per day on heavy usage for the S6 with 8h standby time I will stay on it. If it fails to deliver this experience I will look for the S8. If it decreases performance, battery and snappiness of the device I would not look for another Samsung smartphone anymore for some time and instead choose probably… Read more »
NathanArc
9 months 19 days ago
NathanArc

Apple wants to remove the home button on the iPhone 8, Samsung might remove the home button on the GS8. What has everyone got against home buttons?

Ah well, if this turns out to be true about the S8 and iph8, guess I’ll be going to Pixel. (Currently S7) I know the Pixel doesn’t have a home button, but that’s the only reason I currently haven’t ordered one. If the S8 and iph8 both don’t, I might as well.

Sami7491
9 months 18 days ago
Sami7491

I think home button will stay there you just don’t have to press it 😛 like I check a Chinese phone xiaomi pro , you can just touch the home button for homepage or press it whatever you want , more like in some Huawei phone you don’t have to press unlock key first or home button to unlock phone with fingerprint sensor , just place finger on home button if it’s match the phone will unlock else nothing

Total Faith
9 months 18 days ago
Total Faith

Home buttons can get rekt over some time. Software buttons will always stay, as long as the display works 🙂

Martin DAYI
8 months 29 days ago
Martin DAYI

As long as they don’t cause burn in in ammoled.

ASH8
9 months 19 days ago
ASH8

Well for me their best phone by a country mile was/is the Galaxy S5.
Plenty of individual features including a removable battery and a solid dependable unit.
To me the new phones (S6 and S7) look ‘nice’ and obviously store more data and with faster processors, 4k screens which you cant tell the difference, but really the difference is negligible and not worth a 30% price premium.
IF Samsung REALLY wants to show them, combine all of the S5, 6 and 7 and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

9 months 19 days ago
avinash_jha

Go buy Nokia 1100. Plenty of individual feature and solid dependable unit. I still have S5 even though I own S6 Edge now primarily and S5 is a shame !!

SenorSjon
9 months 19 days ago
SenorSjon

The S8 will never fail to disappoint if these rumour mills continue.

Will there be a piece of velcro on the back to slide your hand in to actually hold the phone?

Perhaps they will make the battery removable. That seems to be quite new on top tier handsets these days.

DW2015
9 months 19 days ago
DW2015

Samsung should take its time to pick up its pieces, rushing once more will turn against it.
Anyway, lot’s of people will not buy again naively a flagship that costs a fortune and it bursts in fire. They are going to wait for feedback from the impatient ones (who should make firstly a fire insurance for their belongings…just in case…).
My thoughts about S8? Samsung put IR, non-Inflammable battery 3800mah, activate as well analog radio chip (it’s not fair that cheaper models have it activated) and we will forget/forgive the Note 7 fiasco 🙂

benlol98
9 months 19 days ago
benlol98

How can it be full screen? what about the front camera? It would not look nice if the bottom is bezel-less but the top has a wide bezel…

wpDiscuz