Trademark seemingly confirms that the Galaxy S8 will feature an ‘Infinity Display’

According to a recent USPTO trademark application, Samsung has settled on the ‘Infinity Display’ moniker, which we first heard about back in February, to describe the nearly full-screen curved panels that’ll ship on board the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.

As you can imagine, the South Korean firm kept its cards close to its chest in the filing documentation, only specifying the bare minimum — the Infinity Display technology will primarily be used on “mobile telephones.”

Aside from a gorgeous edge-to-edge screen, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are also believed to be the first handsets to ship with Bixby, which will reportedly have its own physical button located on the left-hand side of the units.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 08.41.50

Via Source

Phones 13

adrifoxbg
6 months 13 days ago
adrifoxbg

And what ?
Display and now is the best.
But benchmark shows that we are on 18th place
I saw that with Android 7 benchmark is worse than android 6
how with less cores, people have a quick phone?

paredo
6 months 15 days ago
paredo

Compra-se um s7 , com camera de 5,0 frontal ,aí a bosta da samsung pra curtir com a cara da gente, lança uma bosta a5 2017 com camera de 16 mp na frente e o s7 que custa 4000 reais 5,0mp samsung tu é um lixo com respeito ao consumidores

dallas90733
6 months 16 days ago
dallas90733

‘Infinity Display’ , so do that means crack screen will not be a issue?

whqhdrbs
6 months 17 days ago
whqhdrbs

I just read that more than 3000 people have been working exclusively on Bixby and it’s Viv based and will be in s8 and s8+

tswfootball
6 months 17 days ago
tswfootball

Doesn’t Dell already call their displays like that as well?

obsydian
6 months 17 days ago
obsydian

I really think this design looks good but unless your using a case you will constantly inadvertently touch the screen (edges) just by gripping the device.

I found this on my S6 and S7 Edges, hence prefer using the clear case, does not add bulk but solves the touch issue.

MStuart
6 months 17 days ago
MStuart

Looks pretty. Who cares if it ruins the quality of the display and it’s annoying to use.

Hoggington
6 months 17 days ago
Hoggington

Agreed. Aside from touch issues, narrow usable screen width, glare at the apex of each edge, image distortion and being prone to damage… Other than a case, one thing that would help with all of those known edge issues….

A flat display.

stondec
6 months 16 days ago
stondec

A curved display is certainly not as problematic as you suggest. I’ve been using the Note 7 for than 6 months and the only point I agree with you on is that it might be prone to damage if you drop the phone. Fortunately I’ve not dropped mine yet. One of the reasons I love my phone so much is the curved screen.

MStuart
6 months 16 days ago
MStuart

Touch issues might be corrected through software tricks. Every other issue he listed can’t and is objectively true.

Whether you choose to ignore them or not, it’s certainly up to you.

o0MHJ0o
6 months 17 days ago
o0MHJ0o

My S6 edge+ on occasions has this problem. it completely disappears with a case, I agree. but without it, It is still great to use. I can only hope and assume that they are going to implement an enhanced palm rejection tech.

martindale
6 months 17 days ago
martindale

They call it “form over function”.

iMember
6 months 14 days ago
iMember

If you don’t like, buy an LCD phone? the only thing Samsung is doing..is taking full advantage of OLED technology

What u asking for is..it simply can be fixed through software or an app, by making the display smaller

wpDiscuz