BREAKING: First live photo leak of the Galaxy S8 confirms key details

We knew this was bound to happen in the days leading up to the Galaxy S8 launch and it has happened today. VentureBeat has posted what appears to be the first live photo leak of the Galaxy S8. The image confirms some key details about Samsung’s next flagship smartphone that have been reiterated in rumors and reports repeatedly.

Samsung is going to launch two models of the Galaxy S8 which will feature a 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display. There’s not going to be a flat display version as both handsets will have the dual-edge curved display. The screens are said to cover 83 percent of the handset’s front panel and it certainly looks nice.

We already know that the Galaxy S8 is going to feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the report adds that it’s going to feature 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage. A battery size of 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh is mentioned for the 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch model respectively.

The image reveals that the Galaxy S8 is going to have a USB Type-C port and that the physical home button has been removed. We can also see that the standard 3.5mm headphone jack has not been ditched. We can also see that the fingerprint sensor has been positioned alongside the camera on the back.

While the 12-megapixel (f1.7) rear and 8-megapixel (f1.7) front cameras are reportedly not going to see a resolution improvement compared to the Galaxy S7, the rear camera is said to have a new visual search feature with icons being displayed on the screen that enable users to indicate the type of search to be performed. This feature can be used to perform Optical Character Recognition-enabled web searches, for example. There’s a sensor alongside the front camera which will provide iris scanning functionality like the Galaxy Note 7.

The report also mentions that Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy S8 at a special event in New York on March 29. The public release is going to take place a couple of weeks later in April. Both Galaxy S8 models are reportedly going to cost €100 more than the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge with the 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch models expected to be priced at €799 and €899 respectively.

galaxy-s8-live-photo

Phones 118

aledepon
3 days 21 hours ago

Fake of fakes…….!!!
Better focus to support the devices that havent been updated yet!!!
Ppl payed money and money for past devices and have been dessapointed!!!
And still SamsuS doent give a Sh*t!!!

Jaybell4444
6 days 2 hours ago

Really!!! 5.7 and 6.1? That sucks. What happened to the 5.1 inch fans out there that make a huge profit for Samsung? Too big and too bulky. Better off getting a tablet if I want something that big. What’s up with that Samsung? Sorry but no S8 for me. I’ll stick with my S7!!! It’s obvious that Samsung forgot us (little) people!

baazigarkhall
16 days 19 hours ago

Why folks think s8 will be like scifi device. Its will be a little upgraded. 4gb ram is enough with snapdragon 835 processor. 3500 mah battery is good for daily driver. 64gb on-board memory is updated.

nnykey23
17 days 14 hours ago

Hey guys tell me something we are waiting the nougat version for Galaxy s7 after your selling the Galaxy s8 that true,,!USA! Because always u doing this new update new phone

Vladdemidov
23 days 9 hours ago

samsuS?Really?

billywongwashere
23 days 14 hours ago

Tbh the biggest bummer is the lack of up grades of specs if true… If it was 6gb and better back camera then it wouldn’t be as bad.

The finger print reader on the back is a bad move.

Bet you apple will release the reader in the screen and Samsung will play catch up again

sergicion
23 days 17 hours ago

That photo is completely fake. They made the glass look so dirty to make it more realistic that it doesn’t look realistic.

stevles
23 days 21 hours ago

Is this an insanely early April fool’s joke? Or is the guy that decided to spread this clearly faked image just a fool himself? It’s an S7 edge with a super imposed finger print scanner and scrubbed out the front. I’m holding the exact phone that is in that image before they edited it lmao. Seriously, I could do a better job blind folded with one hand tied behind my back. Shame on you Sam Mobile, someone fire this bloke.

Hoggington
24 days 4 hours ago

Ok…I didn’t look at this very well before… That is clearly, 100% a fake.

Sammobile? Love you guys…but did anyone simply look at that fingerprint sensor? It is completely crooked and morphed…and just not right looking. Looks like it’s diving down almost. In relation to the camera hump, it is clearly not square and flat and just plain weird looking. Obviously a fake.

Forget photoshop….you could do that kind of work in ms paint.

Edit: And that button on the side. Ummm. Yeah. Sticking out a bit far? For some reason the shadow of the button is way darker than the shadow of the device. Hmmm…why could that be? Don’t see that same button sticking out at all on the one facing down.

And lastly… the speaker grills give it away. Take a look…notice anything?

Somehow despite one being face up and one face down….both speaker grills are at the bottom/table side of the device. Whoops! lol

I’m amazed this fooled so many sites.

Next.

Hoggington
24 days 5 hours ago

Hey look at that…. Glare on both edges.

Flat screen option please. We beg you Sammy. And if true….that is the worst place for a fingerprint sensor. Shouldn’t be on the back at all…but if it is, you gotta follow others and put it under the camera.

As others have pointed out… The back is horrible, because you should be able to unlock the phone, while laying on a table. That is just basic common sense functionality.

Sheikh Riasat
21 days 16 hours ago

And also see the usb port…LOL it usb-c but it’s not……complete fake..

peppedigrace
24 days 5 hours ago

There is much chance that it is a fake

peppedigrace
24 days 5 hours ago

I agree

vj shalmon
24 days 10 hours ago

Waste. It’s really disappoint me.
It’s definitely not satisfied samsung users. This battery and RAM is waste

HossamAlMasri
24 days 9 hours ago

Samsung’s strategy is based on Apple … if apple is not increasing the RAM why Samsung increase it ? the camera mega pixel count is a classic example on how Samsung targeting Apple only.

papeyes
24 days 11 hours ago

It seems like Samsung wasn’t satisfied with the note 7 bomb so the decided to make the S8 a c4

papeyes
24 days 11 hours ago

If this is through then I’m sticking to my s7

zangoo
24 days 11 hours ago

May be early engineering product, because usb input is not type c

gabrmira
24 days 11 hours ago

I own a Galaxy S6 flat I was thinking of replacing it for an S8 but if these leaks are true I really pass This is a great disappointment Samsung!!Maybe I’ll buy an S7

papeyes
24 days 11 hours ago

I agree

jcalvinreyes
24 days 12 hours ago

only curved display? 5.8 phone with only 3000mah? L.

fallingbird
24 days 15 hours ago

It’s fake. fingerprint scanners perspective doesn’t match. It’s s7 edge. You can see it also has micro USB. It should be USB type C.

stondec
24 days 15 hours ago

Not digging the location of the fingerprint scanner on the back and so close to the camera.

zorglub54
24 days 16 hours ago

This picture is just a fake :
Look to USB connector and trade mark ;-)
LOL !!! Not serious at all…

MarWess
24 days 17 hours ago

Only curved versions? I’ll pass.

maccyb
24 days 17 hours ago

The placement of the scanner looks unlikely, as it needs to be reached naturally without having to stretch your fingers or move the position of the phone as you’re holding it.. Plus it looks ugly. Samsung doesn’t do ugly. It’s as fake as a 3 Euro coin.

xchoyan
24 days 17 hours ago

superr

HossamAlMasri
24 days 17 hours ago

why would Samsung place the camera between 2 spots that supposed to be touched ? at least keep the heart rate sensor and the FP scanner on one side and the camera on the other side !!!! if this is the final design then it is gonna be messy

and why the flash / heart rate sensor moved to the other side ??

something is wrong

ksmalcuga
24 days 18 hours ago

Fingers, fingers everywhere

Matthaus79
24 days 18 hours ago

This is a disaster, I would very much hate if they removed the physical buttons – I hate the onscreen stuff it just does not work as well.

And the finger print sensor on the rear is even worse! Anyone that picked up an LG will tell you how crap it is, I often wake my phone up while it is on a desk at work and now I wont be able to unlock it with out picking it up, WTAF SAMSUNG NO!!!!

Jason Stephens
24 days 14 hours ago

I think if you talk to someone who has had a fingerprint reader on the front and back they will tell u the back is a more natural placement I have a nexus 6p and a OnePlus 3T and the rear sensor on the back is more natural and easier