Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (Dual SIM) gets Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in India

The dual SIM variant of Samsung’s second-generation Galaxy Grand is now making the jump to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, a little less than six months since its launch. The update seems to have debuted in India, which isn’t surprising considering the Galaxy Grand lineup has been a huge success in the country, and carries build number G7102XXUBNG4. We are not aware of a changelog, but it should offer all the features of KitKat – white status bar icons, improved performance, wireless printing support, option to select the default home and messaging apps,¬†expanded emojis, closed captions support, updates for various Samsung apps, and more.

The update only seems to be available over the air at the moment, and should begin making its way to other regions in the coming days (for both the single and dual SIM variants.) Check out the screenshots of KitKat running on the Galaxy Grand 2 below, and do let us know if you have received the update on your device.

kitkat-grand-2

Thanks, rockstar!

Firmware news 71

5 months 24 days ago
R.p. Shukla

four time customer caer contect ofter not solution ??

5 months 24 days ago
R.p. Shukla

my problem is not solv iam sad!!!

hade888

Safi8890issa

I want lollipop for galaxy grand 2 duos sm-g7102

vahidbestonline
2 years 3 months ago
vahidbestonline

hi
in iran my device g7102 recieved (44.04mb) update.

zeeshanmalik786
2 years 4 months ago
zeeshanmalik786

Please help, I upgraded galaxy grand 2 to kit kat4.4 ,I have downloaded the firmware from this site.. After upgradation my phone is not recognising any of my sims. Help!

zeeshanmalik786
2 years 4 months ago
zeeshanmalik786

after upgrading my galaxy grand2 to kitkat, both sims were at emergency service, no connected to service provider

debtanukanrar1996
2 years 4 months ago
debtanukanrar1996

please test it soon..
many low cost sets in samsung like grand prime,a3,a5,e3,e5,e7,mega 2 ,core 2…
grand 2 price is better than those sets..
those set were get the lollipop upgrade why grand 2 not??
all the hardware config are nearly same…
except some different also…
please give the ota lollipop upgrade soon for grand 2…
because grand 2 is best selling phon so many customer want the lollipop upgrade….
including me….
if you get the proper lollipop upgrade & change the full interfaces like note 3 lollipop
we will happy for it…………
thanking you……
please think to all type of customer………………………………………………………………

debtanukanrar1996
2 years 4 months ago
debtanukanrar1996

all the low price set like micromax,motorola,lenovo they are also give the lollipop upgrade which price is 5999 but samsung did not…..
why Samsung developer we are paying 18000 in grand 2 so why we have not receive any lollipop upgrade still now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shayan13
2 years 8 months ago
shayan13

why do not update Iranian’s grand2 mobile’s phone.why you have problem with Iranian? why you do not update our mobiles phone? I’m bout my sell phone like other people and I paid the money like Indian and Korean And American.but you do not update our sell phones and I must bout SONY or APPLE.THEY ARE BETTER THAN samsung.

wafa93
2 years 8 months ago
wafa93

hey guys
i update galaxy grand 2 sm-57102 to 4.4.2 kitkat
after update the phone doesn’t recognize any SIM
help plz

preet88
2 years 10 months ago
preet88

I don’t see a big change even after the update came in for 4.4.2

Change in terms of Icons, screen, options etc.. its the same except for the notification bar got greyed out.

Expecting a change in interface for 4.4.4

Avishek Ghosh
2 years 10 months ago
Avishek Ghosh

My galaxy grand 2 is inbuilt with kitkat 4.4.2 during purchase time.But sometimes a blue screen comes and it does restart.Its really a problemetic.Please someone has any solution of this error.Then please help me.Sorry the previous post is wrong.

Avishek Ghosh
2 years 10 months ago
Avishek Ghosh

My galaxy grand is inbuilt with kitkat 4.4.2 during purchase time.But sometimes a blue screen comes and it does restart.Its really a problemetic.Please someone has any solution of this error.Then please help me.

Abed Shaar
2 years 10 months ago
Abed Shaar

MMMMMMM…. I still didn’t get the kitkat firmware update for my region{Lebanon}. Why is that?? When i Will get it or shall I ask Will I get it?

elaby007
2 years 10 months ago
elaby007

you should better root your device and remove all the bloatware.

shaheer19
2 years 10 months ago
shaheer19

No need to upgrade the device on your own, consult a specialist, mostly found in the mobile shops.
If you only want to upgrade for the beautiful theme of kitkat then try the kitkat launcher (google home)

crazyman150
3 years 1 month ago
crazyman150

can i use india kitkat firmware >> for iraq ??

aidenshin31
3 years 1 month ago
aidenshin31

oh oh may i ask if i can disable preloaded app on my posh pink cutie grand 2 duos?? im a bit sacred when i tried to do that it gives me a warning that there are posibilities that disabling preloaded apps will cause error on the other apps im trying to disable the magazine thingy on my pghone and the story album that im not pretty sure if i can use it >_< or maybe i dont know where i can actually use it please give me a reply

aidenshin31
3 years 1 month ago
aidenshin31

please please get us the update as soon as possible time this posh pink cutie is on 4.3 jelly bean and its UI started to get a little boring hopping ill get a fresh look UI on kitkat <3 <3 <3

aidenshin31
3 years 1 month ago
aidenshin31

hi samsung im enjoying my samsung galaxy grand 2 in posh pink but it would be better if kitkat will run on this posh pink cutie : D hope we get kitkat here at the philippiness

shaheer19
2 years 10 months ago
shaheer19

You can use kitkat launcher on your phone if you only want the display of kitkat

aman100
3 years 1 month ago
aman100

Why too late for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Kitkat Update..Plzz Recieve early..now july over u say Mega 5.8 Receives Kitkat In June

aidenshin31
3 years 1 month ago
aidenshin31

is grand mega is a good phone?? what are the spec??

yyntan
3 years 1 month ago
yyntan

when for another country like indonesia???????????????please fast samsunggg

ahmed2211