[Poll] Do you use the default Samsung keyboard on your 2015 Galaxy device?

Home / News / [Poll] Do you use the default Samsung keyboard on your 2015 Galaxy device?
Do you use the default Samsung keyboard on your 2015 Galaxy device?

For a long time, third-party keyboard apps were extremely important for Android users, as the out-of-the-box keyboard apps from manufacturers were, in one word, horrible. Swype kicked off the game with a keyboard that lets you swipe over letters to make a word for faster typing than regular touch input, then SwiftKey came along with an excellent prediction engine and pretty much became the top choice for millions of Android users.

This year, Samsung has overhauled its software in many ways, and along for the ride on the new TouchWiz came an improved out-of-the-box keyboard app. Unlike the previous iterations, the latest version of Samsung’s keyboard is very nice, with all the features you would expect in a keyboard app these days. There’s next word prediction, auto-correction, and swipe input, and all of it works quite well. The keyboard looks nice, too, and the always visible numerical keys at the top make typing in numbers a very quick affair (this comes especially handy when you’re typing in passwords that have both letters and numbers.)

But it took years for Samsung to overhaul the TouchWiz keyboard, and long-time users of Android are no doubt so used to their favorite third-party keyboard apps that they probably didn’t wait a second to replace Samsung’s keyboard as soon as they set up their new device. But for most users, what comes preloaded is often the thing they use forever, and this poll is to ask SamMobile readers a simple question: Do you use the default TouchWiz keyboard on your phone or tablet (one bought in 2015)?

Let us know by voting below, and be leaving a comment in the comments section!

Polls 30

Terrence Fumba
Terrence Fumba

i have a samsung note 3, the screen needs to replaced because i set on it. What is the most affordable price i can replace it for…please tell me in Rands and the address of that place if possible the e-mail address and telephone number

wpbogdan
8 months 29 days ago
wpbogdan

lol

arhu74
arhu74

One other annoyance it often adds the correction after the correction so you get “badword goodword”, instead of just “goodword”

arhu74
arhu74

It’s good but there is one MAJOR annoyance in that the suggested words are often email addresses and contacts I have aquired but never really want to use but are often 1st or only choice

Enrrique510
Enrrique510
current iPhone user here. Getting bored with outdated iPhones, BUT the reason I haven’t jumped ship is simply because I’ve found that Carriers, locations, developers, mode #, and etc just are so different in each phone. I want a GOOD android phone, I’m not looking at immediate as this year has been an all around phone disappointed to ME So for 2016, is there a way to make full android like nexus for Samsung/LG/etc without voiding warranty? I want a phone that gets updates such as consistent like iPhone and is not overloaded with bloat ware that can easily be… Read more »
xapoliz
2 years 3 months ago
xapoliz

2016 Nexus… simple.

wpbogdan
8 months 29 days ago
wpbogdan

that bootloops and shuts down randomly? lmfao

woody365
woody365

wished you could customise the colour of the standard keyboard then itll be perfect!

kronicle
kronicle
The best part of Samsung’s own keyboard is it isn’t like Apple or Google’s keyboard locked down to only 3 rows without numbers easily keyed. I hate press/hold for maybe getting a number if you’re lucky! Otherwise I would be using an alternative keyboard app. I used to only use Hacker’s Keyboard on other Android devices. But…. all of these 3rd party keyboards are way too intrusive on your privacy. Which many parts of they have no need to know. Hacker’s keyboard is probably the worst at that. But they give you the best customizability of any keyboard out there!… Read more »
deya987
deya987

Google keyboard

Jumhaeg
Jumhaeg

I honestly prefer Minuum or Fleksy for my keyboard because I love how both of those keyboard apps don’t take up a lot of screen real estate, and they have much nicer themes than the Samsung Keyboard which gets whatever theme my current one is.

schwift
schwift

Google keyboard all the way!

kronicle
kronicle

You can have that piece of junkware. Totally and ridiculously locked down and uncustomizable….. nobody I even know would dare lower themselves to using that POS keyboard! …..it’s like they copied Apple with little customizability!

What Samsung does for everything is give us more choices and features. If you want to stay stuck in old school mobile keyboards you can. But you aren’t locked into it just because they want everybody doing the same thing the same way as they always have……. like both genericized Vanila Milk Toast Android or Gestapo Run iOS!!!

yislam

I keep the Samsung keyboard in 3×4 mode for those times I’m walking and need to use it one handed.

yislam

Swype for me. Maybe it’s just habit

MStuart
MStuart

Yes. Now that it can be themed and resized I haven’t found a reason not to. SwiftKey lags a bit and it shows a bubble popup I can’t get rid of so it’s no option, and others like Google Keyboard and Swype lack the numbers row which is pretty useful.

Leonitis
Leonitis

I have a 2014 device, S5 and I am happy with the stock keyboard

xdamm
xdamm

I love the stock keyboard, it’s very accurate, fast, doesn’t take much RAM and the best part; it actually allows you to DELETE words, which is one of Google Keyboard’s biggest drawback.

I see no reason to try another keyboard for now, even though I used to love Swiftkey and Fleksy.

pars1992
pars1992

new Samsung keyboard is great on lollipop , but its Persian keyboard can be better than this

apurva.giri
apurva.giri

Habitual to SwiftKey! Never even tried the stock one yet!

AmazingAura01
AmazingAura01

The stock one is fine. I rarely use spell checkers anyway. Any keyboard they had before the Galaxy S6 this year has not been the best.

Albe95
Albe95

It’s awesome the samsung keyboard. Only thing I would like to change is the auto corrector. It’s a lot smarter the one in Google Keyboard

Sonnysan
Sonnysan

left the new samsung/touchwiz keyboard on for a week on my note 5 then switched to swiftkey, I think its still a better, more intuitive keyboard

Monti1994
Monti1994

AnySoftKeyboard, since 2011. 🙂
It has hungarian accented letters without long-press, and also numbers. The Samsung keyboard doesn’t have a comma instant button. In the bottom line, mine has a question mark, a comma, a dot, and an apostrophe.

xdamm
xdamm

You can tap and hold the settings button on the Samsung keyboard and select the comma, which will set that key as the default from then onwards. This has been the case on my Note 4 and 5, but I don’t know if it applies to every language and device.

wickdaman
wickdaman

I’ve always found Samsung’s keyboard to be frustrating and it doesn’t “flow” so well as other keyboards. My favourite has to be SwiftKey though – personalise the colours to fit with my green S6 edge is cool, but rhe usefulness of the emoji’s as I’m typing, great predictions, quick, easy and not clunky. I’d always recommend it.

I did actually give the S6 edge (2015 flagship) keyboard a try for quite some time, but I gave up on it. It’s not for everyone. I’m glad we have the option of choosing what we want!

strazzi
strazzi

Google keyboard for me. Look bether and i use samsungs smileys.

q8peace
q8peace

i use stock touchwiz keyboard long before 2015 like 2014 note edge and 2013 note 3 and even 2012 s3 / i use stock samsung keyboard because of security when you use diffrent they collect your words

n900mixalot
n900mixalot

Photo keyboard is back on the stock Note5 keyboard, which is awesome. But I find that the Google keyboard understand language much better. Then again, the layout on the TW keyboard is smarter with Google Sheets.

I switch back and forth as needed. But TW is excellent.