Report: Gear 3 to debut alongside Galaxy Note 4 in September

If you thought the short six-month span between the original Galaxy Gear and the Gear 2‘s release was just a one-time thing, then Samsung might be working on disappointing you yet again. According to industry sources quoted by The Korea Herald, Samsung is developing the “next generation of the Samsung Gear 2, and it will be sold in a bundle package with the upcoming Galaxy Note 4,” with the SIM-enabled version of the Gear 2 – tentatively titled Gear Solo – taking its place in the company’s smartwatch lineup between the Gear 2 and the Gear 3 (another tentative title.)

The report conflicts with earlier rumors that Samsung will be launching a Google Glass-like wearable with the Galaxy Note 4, though it does make more sense considering the smartwatch market is bigger than the market for devices like wearable glasses. Samsung is also said to be working on a virtual reality headset, but with other Android manufacturers and Apple also slated to launch smartwatches in the coming months, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Gear 3 (and perhaps the second-generation Gear Fit) are the only two wearables the Korean manufacturer puts all its focus on in the near future.

Source

Watches 9

chris cee
3 years 1 month ago
chris cee

Cool!

SamsungFan2020
3 years 1 month ago
SamsungFan2020
I stand by Samsung for creating as many new products as they want, as fast as they want. Every product will be an improvement that I can look forward to. I can always sell my old Samsung product on eBay or give it FREE to a family member that I know will use it as a upgrade to what they currently use. The whiners should STOP thinking Samsung should stop making new products, because they weren’t “ready” for the new product release. Samsung can not just sit around like previous top companies; Nokia and Motorola, and think their name will… Read more »
elxany
3 years 1 month ago
elxany

mmm, it sad, I just got my Gear-2 2 weeks ago, and actually I feel that without sim card it is not more than just nice watch. But anyway I like it. I wonder, will there be an option to return the Gear-2 and get Gear-3)))))

gtone339
3 years 1 month ago
gtone339

Good Gear 3 it is!

grilla
3 years 1 month ago
grilla

It would make more sense if they bundled the vr accessory with the note 4 seeing that it only works with the note 4.

YOSEFE
3 years 1 month ago
YOSEFE

I am due an upgrade in September. I shall have to wait only a little while and I can upgrade.

ProdByEchelon
3 years 1 month ago
ProdByEchelon

Good. I’m due for an upgrade in November

jimmygzzmtz
3 years 1 month ago
jimmygzzmtz

Ahh again. I like how Samsung improves its devices quickly, but not when the device you buy, by the time it reaches your market, retailer, etc., is outdated in a matter of months. ESPECIALLY one so experimental such as a smartwatch, and it itself running an experimental operating system. Galaxy S and Note I can understand the 6 month timeframe because they are different product lines, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

estugarda
3 years 1 month ago
estugarda

And don’t forget that Samsung starts to treat you like scum the next second you buy a Samsung device. The only moment where Samsung provides support is in buying assistance.

wpDiscuz