[Poll] How’s the latest Galaxy S8 Oreo beta working for you?
The Android 8.0 Oreo beta program for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ is at an end. Samsung had revealed that the beta program would come to a close on January 17th, and while the company didn’t make a final announcement that the program has indeed ended, we’re not expecting to see any more betas. Samsung is working on releasing the final build of Oreo sometime this month for beta testers, and while we wait for that to happen, we thought we’d ask you, our readers, about their opinion on the last Galaxy S8 Oreo beta (build number ZRA5).
Latest Oreo beta is almost good as a stable build for us
I’m the only one here at SamMobile who is using the beta on my primary device, and the latest version of the beta is working mighty fine for me. I’ve only seen my S8+ acting up when trying to fire up the iris scanner. There are times when the iris scanner doesn’t immediately start scanning my eyes and makes me wait a few seconds. I also recall seeing Chrome crash in the background twice, but that’s about it. The overall experience has been a smooth one, which is great since it means Samsung doesn’t have a lot to do before it can start rolling out the official Oreo update.
What about you? How’s the latest beta running on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+? Let us know by selecting an answer in the poll and by getting a discussion going in the comments section!
- No issues here, it's great 50%, 784 votes784 votes 50%784 votes - 50% of all votes
- Some slowdowns, but otherwise fine 18%, 283 votes283 votes 18%283 votes - 18% of all votes
- Poor battery life is my main issue 12%, 182 votes182 votes 12%182 votes - 12% of all votes
- I see app crashes and slow performance 9%, 139 votes139 votes 9%139 votes - 9% of all votes
- It was so bad I went back to Nougat 7%, 107 votes107 votes 7%107 votes - 7% of all votes
- I have frequent app crashes 5%, 77 votes77 votes 5%77 votes - 5% of all votes