Galaxy S6 edge+ Nougat update being tested by Samsung

Samsung announced the official release of Android 7.0 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge last week. It also confirmed which handsets will receive the update in the first half of this year and the Galaxy S6 series is included in the list. We’ve previously spotted the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge running test laps with Nougat onboard and now the Galaxy S6 edge+ has been spotted as well.

The Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge have both been spotted running Android 7.0 Nougat on GFXBench. The Galaxy S6 edge+ bearing model number SM-G928 has now been spotted on the benchmarking website with Nougat onboard. This shows that Nougat testing for this device hasn’t been delayed too much and that Samsung is working on preparing the update for the Galaxy S6 edge+.

However, if history is any indication, we can expect the Galaxy S6 edge+ to receive the Nougat update only after the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge have received it first. Samsung is yet to confirm precisely when that’s going to happen.

galaxy-s6-edge-plus-nougat

Via Source

Firmware news 25

Rafayat Khan Bishal
2 months 11 days ago

Give me the relice date of nogut for S6 edge plus (SM-G928C)

shadi1524
3 months 22 days ago

Samsung so slow for give update.. we wait android 7 in galaxy s6 edge+

zekerja
3 months 28 days ago

i waiting for Galaxy s6 Edge Plus when exactly its coming..

Northern.dj
3 months 28 days ago

Not out for thecS7 edge XEU only for the BTU then itcwas put on hold due to issues that the beta testers did not find

nnykey23
3 months 29 days ago

For Galaxy s6 is next year nougat why ? Because for Galaxy s7 nougat is not yet for all devices of the gs7

nnykey23
3 months 29 days ago

Because Samsung little care to update their devices to the latest version of Android, I will tell you why every time Samsung pulls out a new phone this comes with the latest version of Android, so they prefer not to update their devices until they sell the new one Is the same in regards to the system if you update the previous phones, in a nutshell Samsung is the same Apple shit only want money nothing more, eye is already 6 months that Google will announce the Nougat version for Android devices

pavan143vicky
3 months 29 days ago

When will the Update release in India for s7 edge ??

yogesh9989
3 months 29 days ago

I will lose faith in Samsung if they release Android Nougat 7.0 update to S6/S6 Edge first instead of Note5/S6 Edge+ given the fact that these two devices were launched after the S6/S6Edge. So going by the Samsung’s Update Policy which is to update the latest devices first then they should Update the Note5/S6Edge+ first & then S6/S6Edge. Samsung always discriminate the Note Series over S Series, they never give Flagship treatment to Note Series, though they consider Note Series as a Flagship Device.

o0MHJ0o
3 months 29 days ago

I agree! I have the edge+ and this is good news. But I am considering getting the S8 instead of the Note8 because the S get better long term support than the Note series, despite them being the better, more expensive phones.

yogesh9989
3 months 29 days ago

Even I’m reconsidering my thoughts of getting S series in the future instead of the next Note though it will be a very hard decision for me ‘coz I don’t want to give up the Note series. It has all I ever wanted in my phone, it fulfills all my requirements. The Note series is unmatchable to any other smartphone, there’s no comparison.

ABUIYU
4 months 36 minutes ago

India is a 3rd class country why other country rolling out android 7 G935FD

smach31
4 months 5 hours ago

i think i will have my s8 when s7 will have nougat in canada!!!

Outlaw79
4 months 11 hours ago

There is any beta nougat for the s6?

ifeyfm
4 months 13 hours ago

I feel neglected as the Galaxy Note, previously dissatisfied with Note 7 is finally back in use Note 5, but expectations for the software update with note 5 seems at forward, perhaps even ignore, really hurt and be hurt

ATE96
4 months 14 hours ago

That moment when they started testing Android 7 for S6 but S7 didn’t get the update, good job Samsung.

pavan143vicky
4 months 13 hours ago

Ya bro been crazy for a few weeks and then samsung goes bonkers not releasing the update globally !!!

assassin2se7en
4 months 14 hours ago

Hello guys . I have important question
What is the best region for updates
I mean speed of release new updates
What is the best region .
G935f
Pls answer everybody

aledepon
4 months 7 hours ago

Uk and Germany

AnsariMesbah
4 months 12 hours ago

UK one

assassin2se7en
4 months 12 hours ago

So you think uk is the best ?
Better than us and uae ?

mtbrown262626
4 months 14 hours ago

That really depends on a lot of factors and what country maybe the fastest this time round may not be the next year this year the UK has been the first followed by the US but that really does very it also depends on your network carrier and whether you have an unlocked phone or not this is what I mean so many factors so this question can’t really be answered probably.

Messibarca92