Another Galaxy Note 7 explodes while charging

Home / News / Another Galaxy Note 7 explodes while charging

The Galaxy Note 7 has barely started making its way into the hands of customers, but that hasn’t stopped us from learning about a hidden party trick it has up its sleeve. Although I’m guessing that consumers would prefer it if their shiny new $850 smartphone didn’t carry out this particular stunt as there’s an extremely good chance that it won’t survive to tell the tale.

What I’m referring to here is the Note 7’s ability to spontaneously burst into flames. The first report of the device randomly exploding appeared online last week when images were published of a Galaxy Note 7 that blew up in China while connected to a microUSB to USB Type-C converter. It’s currently unclear whether the owner was using the official adapter or a third-party offering, but it’s certainly a cause for concern.

At the time, we were hoping it was an isolated incident as if it turned out to be widespread it would put a lot of people in danger. However, it’s now looking like it’s a major flaw with the handset’s hardware as exactly seven days later it’s happened again. Unfortunately, we don’t know for certain if the charger bundled in the box was being used, but judging by the statement issued by a friend of the person whose phone exploded, we’re guessing it wasn’t.

There was another explosion of the Galaxy Note 7. It was my friend’s phone. A Samsung employee checked the site and he is currently in talks over the compensation with Samsung. You should use its original charger just in case and leave the phone far away from where you are while charging.

It’s believed that Samsung has acquired the handset, which was rendered useless during the fire, and is carrying out extensive tests to pinpoint the cause of the explosion. Once identified, it will determine if it’s a manufacturing flaw and how many devices are affected. The firm may then be forced to recall all units that have already been delivered to customers, further delaying the worldwide release of the Galaxy Note 7.

Note-7-Explode

Source

Phones 33

ashayramolia
ashayramolia

People we cant assert that the phone in the photo is fake, it may be but we really need to be careful. Charge the phone with the original charger and cable for sometime …if this issues are a hoax then after sometime they will dissappear…and then we will know that we can try other stuff.

cwaltham21
cwaltham21

I’m using a Note7 without issue and that photo in my opinion isn’t a note 7. Another faker trying to make a name for themselves like the galaxy S3 that exploded years ago for no reason till the guy admitted he’d dropped it in water then tried to dry it in the microwave. The note7 is a beautiful phone and I’m really glad I purchased it

Amarganth
Amarganth

Afigenguy
Afigenguy

Fake. Note 7 works great.

willy.4

OH OH , hows the contained non changeable battery now……? Wish you had the NOTE 4 i bet….. lol lol..

A Sweaty Womble
A Sweaty Womble

Well my Galaxy Note7 is due for charging so I’ll be sure to monitor what’s what and if it even gets unusually hot (considering fast charging is also on). I imagine that these people are using bad chargers and/or cables. After all, they’re using gel cases.

GHsamsung
GHsamsung

GHsamsung
GHsamsung

I’m Korean. I really want to upload the photo of smoking GN7 which is 7th explosion here in South Korea. Funny thing is Samsung told the owner of smoking GN7 you need video of burning phone, not photos in order to get compensation. It’s gonna be funny.

GHsamsung
GHsamsung

and Korean version of Galaxy Note 7 doesn’t have the front logo !!!!!

Vibgyoar
Vibgyoar

I thought all phones exploded in mysterious circumstances shortly after launch, no? I’m just waiting for the first one to jump the gun and show up flambéed on the net before launch.

mazi1212us
mazi1212us

both of them has Jelly case? it seems the pictures are same

eHoolie
eHoolie

Yeah..Your right! There is only one jelly case in the world…I forgot

NOTESAMX
NOTESAMX

I have mine without any problems mentioned in the web, explosions, screen lock, stuck spen … etc … it works perfectly great phone!!!

ashayramolia
ashayramolia

Have you tried charging ur gn7 with a third party charger or the given micro usb to usb-c adapter?
If u have …pls tell us if u have faced any issues
And if u have not…..i know its a risk but can you try doing that?
It would be a great help for the community.

NOTESAMX
NOTESAMX

Yes with micro usb charger not samsung and adapter usb-c

LeifS
LeifS

Maybe they should have kept the MicroUSB port. There are still so many problems with USB Type C cables and other accessories that it doesn’t seem to be ready for prime time.

I rather have to try it twice until the plug fits in but have the freedom to charge it almost anywhere rather than having the easier plug but beeing afraid to use any other cable that I haven’t purchased myself

vassbak
vassbak

Fake Fake Fake, just envy for the most beautifull phone in planter earth.

preime101
preime101

the first case looked very much like a fake Note 7 to me as the edge trim was the wrong colour and the edge around the camera looked wrong. I suspect this is possibly a fake as well.

vertcam9
vertcam9

this unit does not have the Samsung branding in-front.

SenorSjon
SenorSjon

Japanese and some Asian versions come without Samsung branding.

But I guess it is another aftermarket charger made from spare parts that nuked this phone.

ProdByEchelon
ProdByEchelon

Probably because of a third party Type-C cable… AGAIN.

NotReallySamsungFan
NotReallySamsungFan

It makes me wonder that people do this deliberately for compensation or whatever.

ijazali
ijazali

what the hell is happening Samsung… I am ready to buy note 7, but now I am scared.
Either apple is all behind or someone else.

A Sweaty Womble
A Sweaty Womble
I agree with Maccyb… These are most likely fake as I am currently charging my Galaxy Note7 with the charging adaptor and cable that came with the phone and it’s hardly getting warm to be honest… As for the alleged random reboots, bricking and bootloops I am seeing none of those so far. No crashes or anything. It runs just fine. One side-Note (pun intended), the Iris scanner DOES scan my eyes successfully WITH my glasses on. I did register with them off, but it still works whilst I wear them and it’s blazing fast. I haven’t had it fail… Read more »
maccyb
maccyb

Don’t be scared, it’s fake. My phone doesn’t even get warm while charging. This fake shit comes out with every new Samsung or iPhone. Probably fanboys from both sides involved. It’s the best phone on the market.

michael doidge

Hopefully you are right mate , it seems unlikely that it’s a problem caused by the phone , by the same token anything man made is prone to have a fault at some stage.
Hopefully Sammy can get this sorted out asap.

ijazali
ijazali

Thanks, bro..! Appreciate it.

preime101