Leaked Galaxy Note 8 press render confirms design

Samsung isn’t due to unveil the Galaxy Note 8 until August 23 but that doesn’t mean the leaks will stop coming in. Several leaked renders and schematics of the Galaxy Note 8 have already tried to give us a sense of the handset’s design. Earlier today, an official-looking press render of the Galaxy Note 8 was leaked online.

We’ve now been treated to yet another press render of the Galaxy Note 8. The handset is shown in Midnight Black and Gold colors. It also confirms the rumors that we’ve heard so far about the handset’s design.

It’s evident that the Galaxy Note 8 is going to have a 6.3-inch Infinity Display with a rather impressive screen-to-body ratio. There’s a physical Bixby button on the left side and the fingerprint sensor has been relocated to the back since it doesn’t have a home button.

As far as the design is concerned, the Galaxy Note 8 basically looks like a stretched Galaxy S8, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The render, leaked by @evleaks, also confirms that the Galaxy Note 8 is going to be Samsung’s first flagship smartphone to feature a dual camera system.

Samsung will confirm more information about the Galaxy Note 8 at its event in New York which takes place on August 23.

Source

Phones 29

India1
20 days 17 hours ago
India1

No thanks, not interested… It’s just too long for me and my pockets. I hope Note 9 does not measure 175 mm long.

Using the regular S8 now. My last true Note was the Note 4. Still the best “Note” ever made. But I am not saying that it was the best “phone” though.

androidisawsome
20 days 19 hours ago
androidisawsome

Hopefully Samsung puts the camera vertical… Would put the fingerprint in a better position 🤔

alexdijon
20 days 20 hours ago
alexdijon

I am very disappointed by the rear of the Galaxy Note 8.

This black block is really very unsightly.
The back of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ were very successful. Not that of Note 8.

I’m a big fan of the Note series.
Nevertheless I hesitate to buy the Note 8. Let’s wait for the final version but I’m afraid ! …

bonerp
21 days 4 hours ago
bonerp
Samsung needs to listen to its customers. The note 7 was a hit – regardless of the bullshit battery issues. I now have the Note FE and just sold the S8+ as it was too long, not wide enough and impossible to use the stupidly placed fingerprint sensor. Now its getting longer again I’d assume its equally as cumbersome to use. Samsung is clearly tightening the belt my replicating what they’ve done with the S8 and rolling it out with a pen and calling it a note. This isn’t what customers look for in the note series Samsung. THEY ARE… Read more »
India1
20 days 17 hours ago
India1

Exactly.. I hate that it’s gonna be so long. I Hope Note 9 does not measure 175 mm long.

Using the regular S8 now. My last true Note was the Note 4. Still the best “Note” ever made, though obviously not the best “phone”.

Will perhaps never buy Samsung if the long goes any further than say about 150 mm

o0MHJ0o
21 days 3 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

Getting the plus and calling it too big only makes you look silly. get the normal S8 then and see your troubles disappear. the Notes have always been larger and with an S Pen, those are the stand out functions from the S series, as well as the design ( which was leather for a couple of years) before they settled with glass on glass metal sandwich, which works perfectly. Don’t know what you’re expecting. the new aspect ratio is better for multitasking and fits more comfortably in the hand and pocket.

RoadRunner99
21 days 3 hours ago
RoadRunner99

Maybe you have deep pockets, the S8 (non plus) definitely doesn’t fit on mine.

Samsung these days is a form over function Apple wannabe. Except they don’t offer the support you get from Apple.

Navab khan
21 days 5 hours ago
Navab khan

ugly design indeed……..Less width,more length,pointed corners and horizontal arrangement of Cameras…………,
disappointed with this design..Why samsung dont listen to fans pertaining fingerprint scanner.It would be better to remove fingerprint scanner instead of placing it at the top of the phone which is very irritating..
Waiting for Note 9……

herpherpherp
21 days 12 hours ago
herpherpherp

Forcing the curved design again Samsung? I guess my time with them is done.
I can begrudgingly deal with the fingerprint on the back and I want a home button – but the curved display? That one is concrete, absoloutely no sale, nope.

Joe Mitri
21 days 12 hours ago
Joe Mitri

that golden one at the back looks like zoro with the black mask lol

othmanhu
21 days 13 hours ago
othmanhu

Will it has a headphone jack?

Joe Mitri
21 days 12 hours ago
Joe Mitri

What ?!!!! definitely it will…Or i will stop buying Samsung LOL

popetillox
21 days 13 hours ago
popetillox

a bit ugly…bigger display…LESS battery life??? .. Samsung…is it there anybody?

21 days 19 hours ago
Horus Osiris

Looking good in gold

gsdworld21
22 days 32 minutes ago
gsdworld21

That gold one looks nice

ImABigBoy
22 days 35 minutes ago
ImABigBoy

So, still the Bixby-button that is useless for most of the world and the fingerprint sensor at the back … What a shame.

gtone339
22 days 1 hour ago
gtone339

Bezels seems to be larger than the ones on the Galaxy S8?

o0MHJ0o
22 days 2 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

I kinda like the “ugliness” of this design, I see it as more industrial and shows what the Note is all about. Power and feature packed device, sure design needs to be good but Notes have always been about functionality and the move from the professional looking leather to this industrial looking piece of machinery is pretty neat.

wpDiscuz