UAG lists cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung hasn’t even revealed an official date for the unveiling of its next flagship smartphone yet, but accessory makers have already started listing Galaxy S8 accessories such as cases, covers, and screen protectors. The latest of them come from popular accessory brand UAG.

UAG has listed a bunch of Galaxy S8 cases on its website, revealing some design elements of the smartphone in high-resolution imagery. There seems to be a front-facing camera, an iris scanner, and four other sensors above the display and Samsung branding below the screen. Similar to various leaks and renders of the Galaxy S8 over the past few weeks, there doesn’t seem to be a physical home button or capacitive navigation keys.

The fingerprint scanner seems to be placed beside the camera sensor. Apart from the power button and volume keys, these case images also show an additional physical button on the side of the Galaxy S8. The extra button is said to be dedicated for Samsung’s upcoming Bixby AI-powered virtual voice assistant.

There is no guarantee that case makers are showing off the actual product here, so there is still no telling what the final version of the Galaxy S8 will look like. What do make of the images below? Let us know in the comments!

Samsung Galaxy S8 UAG Case - 04

Source

Phones 13

Joe Mitri
3 months 6 days ago

This could be the most fragile phone Samsung ever made. Now imagine this phone will fall on it’s face where the screen is ! boooom, you got yourself a bricked phone with a very expensive replaceable screen ! I would only buy it if i get a proper cover with a screen shield…otherwise with me this will break the first week !

Aharon Izraeli
3 months 7 days ago

This has to be the ugliest case I’ve ever seen. What’s the point of having a great looking phone if you have to use an ugly lump of plastic like this to keep it safe?

mustafa0aboud
3 months 7 days ago

Gotta say I expected to be disappointed after seeing the first few leaks but now I think it looks pretty good. The fingerprint scanner place is a bit dump but I think I can get used to it. Plus I will be using the iris scanner more than the fingerprint. I don’t why is it so important to have physical buttons as long as I there’s buttons to use in fine with it that way!

ramazan22
3 months 7 days ago

bla

Nasha Costa
3 months 7 days ago

Why are most case makers not smart enough to make a design to protect the screen edges? It is not that difficult. Tech21 made an awesome case that did this (evo tactical) for Note7. Also some noname brands. People are going to drop their phones and the edges will crack like crazy.

India1
3 months 7 days ago

This is by far the ulgiest Samsung phone ever

billywongwashere
3 months 8 days ago

That is an ugly case. If the curves are like this and not being too rounded then it’s looks ok

For a none case user on my smart phones. It does look like a fragile device

FPS on the back appears to be the case which is a disappointment

Let’s hope that they will sort out the internal specs to be impressive eg 128gb internal and 6gb ram for all countries, much better camera instead of the same from s7 with some software update that can be applied to the s7

Plus let’s hope the bixby button can be changed to be dedicated camera

As for physical buttons I m very happy it’s going away as I’ve only had my s7 from release day 1 the home button has started to fail and this has happened previously on my s4

Govind Dheda
3 months 8 days ago

are you kidding??

ProdByEchelon
3 months 8 days ago

I still don’t think that those bezels are that small to get rid of the home button.

Lukasz1536
3 months 8 days ago

It looks wierd without physical button.
I feel big disappointment is coming.