Home / News / BREAKING: Samsung starts rolling out Android Nougat to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge

The time has come. Following weeks of testing, Samsung has finally begun rolling out the official Android Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Those on the Nougat beta should be seeing an update around 215 MB in size; regular users will get the update as well, although Samsung is giving the early bird advantage to those running the beta version.

It’s nice to see how quickly Samsung has rolled out the Nougat upgrade, especially given the slew of new features and changes it brings to the S7 and S7 edge, including a new user interface. Samsung’s beta team had confirmed earlier that the final version of Nougat would be released on January 17th – the update has arrived almost a week earlier, although it’s possible that date was mentioned regarding those who weren’t part of the beta program.

In any case, availability of Android 7.0 (yes, it’s not 7.1.1, although the security patch is dated January 1) should expand to S7 and S7 edge users in more markets over the coming days. Check out our What’s New With Nougat series to see what Android Nougat brings to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, and let us know if you are seeing the update on your S7 or S7 edge!

nougat-s7-edge-official-1

nougat-s7-edge-official-2

Firmware news 122

airguard
9 months 17 days ago
airguard

This is bullshit, my wife’s Sony xz recived nougat in december. Flagship my a… if They dont bother too work on the sofware on S7 and only glimse too prepare the new S8 they are going too lose customers. Atleast me, this is my last Samsung. I Even consider a iPhone now. Putting my S7 out for sale now.
Angry norwegian customer writing.

wpbogdan
1 month 2 days ago
wpbogdan

are you autistic? you can’t even view battery percentage on stock LMFAO

10 months 12 days ago
Neon Rider

It never came for me but I’m in the UK plz some one help!

nnykey23
10 months 19 days ago
nnykey23

Because Samsung little care to update their devices to the latest version of Android, I will tell you why every time Samsung pulls out a new phone this comes with the latest version of Android, so they prefer not to update their devices until they sell the new one Is the same in regards to the system if you update the previous phones, in a nutshell Samsung is the same Apple shit only want money nothing more, eye is already 6 months that Google will announce the Nougat version for Android devices

10 months 17 days ago
Nicholas Corvelli

How is a free software update a money grab?.. You lost me… Its Samsung doesn’t own the android software… Google does. So you shouldn’t be blaming Samsung. Plus certain versions of nougat wouldn’t work well with the tizen and Samsung touchwiz UI as efficiently as you may think. There’s a reason behind it.. That reason is stability.

ilirbehrami
10 months 19 days ago
ilirbehrami

G930FXXU1DPLT

ilirbehrami
10 months 18 days ago
ilirbehrami

Problem phone G930FXXU1DPLT!

superlouro
10 months 24 days ago
superlouro

Hello, does anyone knows when it will be available to the rest of the europe? I’m from portugal so no update till now :

sean7411
sean7411

Just receiving update uk 1291.19 MB would this be 7.0

oggi21
oggi21

Ok friends. Update just arrived for BTU

Cammi Mair

Im still on 6.0.1 only got a bug fixes today bout 20 secs ago my s7 updated no new firmware what so ever

mjs87
mjs87

I have the update on my phn version about 2 gb

makapl
makapl

Why so serious. This is only update, it will not change anything in your life.

Wannessi Noureddine
Hi Waiting waiting waiting waiting…… I hope does not die before getting nougat for my s7. I have before a nexus devices and i m very happy with them all fast update and i think someone hit me to my head to go buy a s7 .. S7 is a very very nice device i liked to much but this long waiting to get the update make me hate my s7 and i think i m gonna sell it because i m not a person who like waiting for long long times to get something and buy a google device… Read more »
mjs87
mjs87

No android u its fake

mjs87
mjs87

No update its all fake!!!!!

Aref221b
Aref221b

If samsung doesn’t release the update today , I certainly gonna throw 700 $ s7 edge into the trash!
Almost 6 month for an update?
What are u doing?
Laundering all of your president money or whatever shit you’re up to?!!
Shouldn’t have buy it in the first place.

donrojo

Samsung just open sourced the Nougat kernel for g935f variant (exynos). Great chances world wide update for this variant will start tomorrow.

zoran bibic
zoran bibic

“Samsung starts rolling out Android Nougat to the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge” , where ??? … Disneyland maybe ?

kaka12349
kaka12349

tomorrow Comes firmware in EU ?

10 months 27 days ago
donrojo
I don’t see any reason why some people here complain. You’ll get the update when you’ll get it! Complaining will not near the date at all! Beta testers have the Nougat so Samsung is probably updating final finishes and the January Security patches. 215MB update file proves this. The rest of us, who are on marshmallow, will need a fuller update perhaps over 1GB file. Since the present update will no work unless device is on the beta program, Samsung is releasing it only via OTA. Sammobil does not have the file! Cross your fingers and keep looking tomorrow and… Read more »
Aref221b
10 months 28 days ago
Aref221b

Actually samsung is still running the beta program phase 6 because only those who participated in beta got it.
The funny thing is that samsung’s callin it public release. In other words it’s fake news

jasiek_kulaga
10 months 29 days ago
jasiek_kulaga

I’ve found and installed the Beta from Nov16, as Samsung is lazy with the official release…It’s running very well, few new options, nice UI, however did expect something more… hope that the official release will bring more options. The Beta from Nov does not download any other Beta updates which were released previously.

takeshi076
11 months 2 hours ago
takeshi076

Greetings from where I downloaded the official firmware for flash with odin

Br1cked80
10 months 29 days ago
Br1cked80

Plz read the post. Its only an FOTA update for the beta testers.
The rest of us, have to wait till samsung pull their fingers out from the dark place, so they can put the files online 😉

niloyroy6868
11 months 8 hours ago
niloyroy6868

how about galaxy s6 nougat ?

poker1410
11 months 10 hours ago
poker1410

Hey all.
Do you know if Nougat will be released for my Galaxy S2?
Thanks in advance

walkermoon
11 months 7 hours ago
walkermoon

Yes Samsung plans to update S2 untill android 10. After all it’s their legacy device. /S

krishansultan
11 months 13 hours ago
krishansultan

Cant download firmware as free member it wait for 30 seconds and than said your session is expired help please

takeshi076
11 months 2 hours ago
takeshi076

Greetings from where I downloaded the official firmware for flash with odin

takeshi076
11 months 12 hours ago
takeshi076

Greetings from where you are downloading the firmware

vonedaddy
11 months 18 hours ago
vonedaddy

I have the SM-G930FD which is an Asian version of the duos, but I live here in the states and use it on AT&T. Do I still have to wait for the carrier or should I get this update sooner?

time-at
10 months 29 days ago
time-at

… depends if your Bootloader is locked. If so you won’t do any ODIN-Updates anyway… ^^

oggi21
11 months 4 hours ago
oggi21

Updates depends of Your CSC code

Bierbaum
11 months 19 hours ago
Bierbaum

After the Call with Samsung Update Center Europe notice this.
The Rollout didn’t started yet.
A second soak test G935FXXU1DPLT only for registered S7 Edge Beta Users were rolled out.
The official Rollout for all started
with Android 7.1.1 based Version
within this month for Edge Models first.

cabbe86
11 months 18 hours ago
cabbe86

totally bs but please prove me wrong 🙂

wpDiscuz