Galaxy Note II Android 4.4.2 KitKat update now available for Indian users

If you bought the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) in India and have been holding out on an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, today is your lucky day. With the latest firmware files, you can now make the switch to the latest version of Android. The Galaxy Note II in the country still comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, and although KitKat has been available for the device in certain regions, there a lot of users who are yet to make the switch to the latest version of Android. The firmware build number for Android 4.4.2 KitKat is N7100XXUFND3.

Here is the firmware information and links from which you can download the files:

• Model: GT-N7100
  • Model name: GALAXY Note II
  • Country: India
  • Version: Android 4.4.2
  • Changelist: 1280411
  • Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
  • Product Code: INU
  • PDA: N7100XXUFND3
  • CSC: N7100ODDFND2
  • MODEM: N7100DDUFND1

To download the firmware, head over to our firmware section.

Firmware news 77

caxeria
2 years 8 months ago
caxeria

When this update coming to Tmobile? (USA)

gaurav1920
2 years 10 months ago
gaurav1920

Try DN3 Roms For Galaxy Note II(N7100), this is much better update than Stock kitkat. (y)

saleshkumar
3 years 27 days ago
saleshkumar

Hooo

anupsn
3 years 1 month ago
anupsn

I have updated Note2 to Android 4.4.2 .
Sometimes i am not able to switch on mobile itself.To switch on i need to remove battery and put it back.So i just want to reset to factory settings.

Reset factory setting for Note2 will go back to Android 4.1.2 or only data get erases and OS will remain Android 4.4.2??

Please any one answer..

Thanks,
Anup

victortxt1
3 years 1 month ago
victortxt1

que odin eu estalo essa ROM no meu GNT 2

rahulgarg
rahulgarg

Guys please do “factory reset” to get the fully featured Kitkat Update.

IF there are still any issues, then there must be problem with the update itself.

saurabhdeep
saurabhdeep

I installed this update to my note 2 about a week back. This has been a nightmare. I haven’t got worse update yet. The phone has become too slow to perform. RAM usage is always 80%+. Restarting the phone helps for just a few minutes and it again goes back to 80%+ RAM usage. Every application shows lag. I am not sure what to do. Should I downgrade back to 4.3 or wait for some fix or something. I don’t know… 🙁

rahulgarg
rahulgarg
guys, please note that the right way to upgrade to a new version, is: 1. backup all your data. sd card & internal memory in your pcs. use “helium app” if you want to backup app data also and make sure to copy the helium app data to your pc for safe side. 2. (optional :p) take screenshots of your mobile to restore the touchwiz icons at the same place. or use samsung kies to backup all wifi, bluetooth etc settings. 3. download and update to new version. 4. go to settings and factory reset your mobile. (this is a… Read more »
rockerz23
rockerz23

When I try to download the firmware, I get the “Database Connection failed” error. Any idea as to how much time it’ll for the link to be up and running?

abivisha
abivisha

I downloaded thrice the zip file of firmware but all downloaded corrupt damn waste of time and net

DON SAM
DON SAM

I am in Ghana now but I bought my Galaxy note 2 n7100 in Quatar and has UAE firmware with upgraded Android 4.3 JB……Please can I upgrade to 4.4.2 kitkat indian version? Wnt to download and use odin…procedure…..
Any help shall be very much appreciated….thank you.

Chetan Kumar V
Chetan Kumar V

Hi,

Will Samsung Galaxy S3 (India)get KitKat update or not? Please SamMobile confirm, as the articles on your site are confusing, once it says will get and next time it says as not getting.

DontheCat
DontheCat

ADMIN>shouldn’t the latest posts be showing on the top ?

and I posted today.. it is showing like I posted 4 days back

DontheCat
DontheCat
upgraded to KitKat last night using the device update options.. first tried with Kies but it was awfully slow… after 20% in 2 hrs I cancelled and did the above… it was a 450MB file and just took around one-half hours… the upgrade was seamless… except for a few UI changes, I still haven’t noticed any major changes…. lemme check for a few days and repost here… I read somewhere that the Mail app has been beautified, but I cant see any changes… someone else notice anything ? also the dialler can supposedly be used as a Search option to… Read more »
kamalbatra
kamalbatra

I have been having lots of issues since I installed 4.4.2 via kies. The apps which have been working on 4.3 are no longer working. battery drain in massive, memory usage goes upto 90% and phone goes slow. apps response is dismal. Any one having similar issues?

topspeedamit77
topspeedamit77

hi guys
i update my note 2 on 4.4.2 and its work better than 4.3
but today after 3 days i install ASPHALT 8 airborn & minion rush
they are install correctly but not opening
when i click to open they came for 3sec and close.

what can i do….

one think
when i restart my phone
the massege cames “touchwiz home has stopped”

manan001
manan001

can any one tell me any news about Samsung Galaxy Grand2 SM-G7102 its current version is 4.3 JB and waiting for 4.4.2…

Aman Mangwani
Aman Mangwani

does fingerprint unlock comes in note 2 after updating to 4.4 like in galaxy s5

kesh123
kesh123

Yea it does. You also get other s5 features like IP67 water resistance and IR blaster for controlling your TV

DontheCat
DontheCat

IP67 water resistance is a hardware feature….. how can it be done on a OS upgrade ?

kesh123
kesh123

I was being sarcastic.

last-home
last-home

Please release KitKat update for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 🙁
Samsung please don’t forget how much of people have GT-I9300!!

francis820
francis820

Anyone noticed if you can write to your external SD card?

DontheCat
DontheCat

Nopes… still unable to

sourkarm2
sourkarm2

Possible ONLY with the supplied file explorer. No 3rd part explorer is able to write / modify external SD card.

vk5208
vk5208

Before Installing 4.4.2 via Odin u can hard reset ur phone…other wise some…

vk5208
vk5208

INSTALL through Odin…Than..NO..lag..

vk5208
vk5208

Admin Pls Upload Resume supported link……

stelvio88
stelvio88

After a week of using it on the official 4.4.2 (france), battery drain is back and even worst. I went to sleep with the battery at 80% and it was 15% when i woke up and its very very hot. this never happened with 4.3.

mawilliams
mawilliams

My battery drain picked up this week as well, today with little to no use within 12 hours from 100% to 21%. Anybody else having this problem?

pklamba
pklamba

Dear admin,
I have update my note 2(India) with France firmware.
what is the basic difference between Indian and French firmware.
Wallet and music hub nor working.
how can I install Indian firmware, or should I install Indian firmware

Please do reply

sayedaftab
sayedaftab

You can install Indian version firmware via Odin same way you updated French version
Just download Indian firmware from Sammobile boot your cellphone in download mode open Odin and select pda add downloaded file click start wait for approx 10 min

I did for mine it took 9.36 min
And now I’m on Indian version of kitkat

saipratapbec
saipratapbec

I have installed kitkat on my Note2.
But I have a bug with respect to display.
I have set a folder of wallpapers for display using live wallpapers option.
But once I restart the mobile, it is going back to live wallpapers with default live wallpapers instead of the folder I have chosen.
Also some problem with google now. Its not waking up with “Ok Google”.
But battery has improved a lot.

wpDiscuz