Here’s Samsung official Android 4.4.2 KitKat changelog for the Galaxy Note 3

Samsung started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 update for the Galaxy Note 3 earlier today, and as usual, the company didn’t reveal any details on what’s new and what’s changed with the new version of the OS. But fret not, as we have an internal Samsung document thanks to our resourceful insider, detailing some of the new features KitKat brings to Samsung’s latest and greatest phablet, along with instructions on how they can be used.

Samsung has implemented almost all of the user-facing features that Google has added to stock Android with Android 4.4. Users can now select the default messaging app and default launcher (TouchWiz or a third-party one) from the settings menu, the location menu is more integrated and offers tighter control over location services, more emojis have been added to the keyboard, and wireless printing support has been built right into the OS, with the option to select between Samsung’s own printing service or HP’s. KitKat also requires a new version of Gear Manager for the Galaxy Gear, though the update for the app doesn’t seem to have begun rolling out on Samsung Apps yet.

Check out the full document below, and keep your fingers crossed that the update makes its way to everyone as soon as possible.

Android 4.4.2 KitKat Galaxy Note 3 Changelog (PPT)

Phones 29

antovicious
3 years 5 months ago
antovicious

Please seed the 4.4.2 for the SM-N900 (AFR).

anandmk
3 years 7 months ago
anandmk
i updated my note 3 with Kitkat ie, android 4.4.2 two weeks back. Since then, my phone is very very slow, it is as if it has some 256 MB RAM. is this what Google and Samsung brings to us as innovation? now i am severely frustrated that i even doesnt feel like using this phone. i tried all the tricks, did a factory reset to have a clean start, stopped putting any 3rd party apps just in case, some of them utilize additional memory. No use, the phone has become damn slow… anyone else experienced this and is there… Read more »
Ssdreams75
3 years 7 months ago
Ssdreams75

Hi me in Saudi Arabia any one tell me about kitkat 4.4.2 for my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 when it will come?

Ssdreams75
3 years 7 months ago
Ssdreams75

Cami007
Cami007

This version of 4.4.2 for the note so far has only been put out for Poland. Rest of the world regions still waiting on the update.

I updated my 9005 with it, and now is now some of the sensor in it do not work properly, I try downgrading back to 4.3 and I can not either. I think I am going back to nexus, getting tired of Samsung and its poor quality software.

roozrob
roozrob

Tell me if you find a fix to the sensors etc…

ersinbull
ersinbull
What about Turkey? You sold Note3 N9000Q in Turkey, even we didn’t want that version. Now you ignore us while upgrading to 4.4.2 kitkat. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?… Read more »
Cami007
Cami007

Why the spam? this is not a SAMSUNG site, go spam on there site!!

u57jcs
u57jcs

I downloaded the formware!! Can some 1 please help me with how to flash it?
Thanks in Advance 🙂

ersinbull
ersinbull

Samsung,

God damn you!

You brought a second quality phone to Turkey.(Note3 N9000 iso N9005). Now, you upgrade N9005 to Android 4.4.2 Kit-kat, first. Do you think that we don’t pay any money for N9000? The price is the same, the service we get is much less.

So, god damn you!

mhy102
3 years 7 months ago
mhy102

if the same price why didnt u wait?

rodolfo_toledo
rodolfo_toledo

And the s4 i9500???

chinmay3125
chinmay3125

What about Samsung Galaxy S4?

gasterakos
gasterakos

In my official leak 4.4.2 on my S4 I have normally those 2 settings to change touchwiz and messaging app.That is an old feature on googles android 4
3 by the way and nnowsamsung put it to its 4.4

sangalaviral
sangalaviral

This can not be official samsung changelog. Samsung will never show users that they can move away from touchwiz launcher and moreover that option has always been there.

senohrabekp
senohrabekp

senohrabekp on 13 January 2014 at 23:31 said:

With 4.3 was possible to send/receive MMS without data. Data were activated after mms sending automatically and than automatically deactivated. Now, with 4.4.2 is necessary to activate data. Any help?

senohrabekp
senohrabekp

With 4.3 was possible to send/receive MMS without data. Data were activated after mms sending automatically and than automatically deactivated. Now, with 4.4.2 od necessary to activate data. Any help?

AdL2012
AdL2012

”Users can now select the default messaging app and default launcher (TouchWiz or a third-party one) from the settings menu”

this is awesome…maybe we will recive an update with this feature on i9300 to

needx
needx

OMG, mega slow download, plz change link, i have buy premium terafile.com but slow donwnload. i pay for speed but download slown again T_T

xMcGregx
3 years 7 months ago
xMcGregx

I also have the same problem

bennymiami
bennymiami

Metadata! They need to fix the metadata Bluetooth problem.

gasterakos
gasterakos

If they didnt put this setting of ART in developer options that is one of the most important changes in 4.4, then is just an update for the people’s eyes.At least in leaked version of 4.4.2 on S4 this feature is not available

Phoenix2
Phoenix2

I disagree. For the common end user, ART will probably be a setting they’d never touch. I think that for the average customer – who would NOT likely know or understand ART (runtimes are complicated to a certain extent) – the inclusion of it wouldn’t affect the majority of people.

Don’t forget, you might not be the “average” consumer Samsung’s target audience is.

gasterakos
gasterakos

Yes its a point that u said dude but google made this in 4.4 and samsumg using its software so why not.The users that dont know about this they dont have even to enable the develeooer options mode in settings. Also this knox thing looks that has made the devices more heavy and hard to run smooth.Thats I can see in my S4 depends on my previous Note 2 that still running very smooyhing

Cami007
Cami007

I speculating that since ART is still in test, that is the reason that there is no opt to switch it on. I have only seen it in pure android devices (AKA Nexus)

shams2187
shams2187

Note 3 is the best fablet ever made.
I hope samsung improve spen software.

censor20005
censor20005

<< expecting the ram will consume a small amount?

machinecode
machinecode

So, nothing new? 🙂

ryarrell
ryarrell

4.4.2 update is Kit Kat so regardless of what their or not the Note 3 has the top version of android which is all that matters today.

Pretty sure you don’t own any Galaxy Note products that’s for sure.

wpDiscuz