Donald Duck AR Emoji now available for the Galaxy S9

Home / News / Donald Duck AR Emoji now available for the Galaxy S9

Samsung is making good on its promise to bring more Disney characters to the Galaxy S9’s AR Emoji feature by adding Donald Duck as an emoji option. An update to the AR Emoji camera mode is available from the Galaxy Apps store on the Galaxy S9, and once you install it, you will be able to make Donald Duck copy your facial expressions and also turn your voice into the gibberish that’s a hallmark of the world’s most beloved duck.

Donald Duck AR Emoji now available for the Galaxy S9

Donald Duck is the third character to be added to AR Emoji, following Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. Samsung will also be bringing characters from newer Disney properties, such as The Incredibles (a sequel to which will be launching later this year) and Frozen, over the course of the year. If you haven’t yet tried out the Disney AR Emoji on your Galaxy S9, we have a nice little guide that can get you started quickly. If you already have Mickey and Minni Mouse emojis installed, you can add Donald Duck to the mix by downloading the AR Emoji update from the Galaxy Apps app on your Galaxy S9 or S9+.

You can also update through the Camera app. Open the app, switch to the AR Emoji shooting mode, tap the ‘+’ button at the bottom right, then tap the Mickey Mouse thumbnail, which will take you directly to the AR Emoji app listing on Galaxy Apps. Download the update, then go back to the camera to start using the Donald Duck emoji. And, while you’re at it, don’t forget to tell us what you think about the newest Disney emoji once you’ve had a bit of fun.

Phones 20

ace123456
5 days 21 hours ago
ace123456

We want a better battery life on S9 or our money back ..there is a major diffrences between Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 that work very well and this the Exynos 9810 version’s considerably worse battery performance because Samsung merely programmed the core scheduler poorly , maybe an update sofware can resolv this serious problem.

Biransahin
7 days 3 hours ago
Biransahin

You have got to be kidding! Are you guys asleep over there? My wife has been using this AR emoji for more than two weeks now! Lol. It was on other tech sites which is how she found out about it.. Might have been pocketnow or Samsung Central, she doesn’t remember which. I thought you guys were supposed to have your finger on the Samsung pulse!

popetillox
7 days 7 hours ago
popetillox

Is this really notticeable?… i cant find “the point”…sorry.

7 days 8 hours ago
mtbrown262626

This was available 2 week ago wake up lol

Martin R.
7 days 8 hours ago
Martin R.

We can’t see everything. It always easy to criticize, you could have rather send us a tip that it was available.

7 days 4 hours ago
mtbrown262626

Oh I don’t sent you tips as you just ignore anyways

Martin R.
6 days 14 hours ago
Martin R.

Then do not critisise us…. I never ignore tips.

Shubham8P
6 days 17 hours ago
Shubham8P

How did you guys at Sammobile see the Mickey and Minnie Mouse AR Emoji but not see the Donald Duck emoji?

Martin R.
6 days 14 hours ago
Martin R.

Because it was released without Donald here…

lamentedmoss854
7 days 9 hours ago
lamentedmoss854

Hey guys at sammobile, I know this is not related to the article, but, ever since j got android 8 on my s8, my battery life has become at least 20% worse, it’s not just me, my dads note 8, 4 of my friends with s8, they all got the same problem, I’ve read about this on a lot of forums as well, I don’t know how to report this to Samsung, but you guys have probably connections over there or at least know someone, can you please report this situation?

popetillox
7 days 7 hours ago
popetillox

Clean application cache and reboot, then clear memory cache, reboot again and it will be solved. (My Note8 is working very good again, and battery life is better than in Nougat!

gogolak
7 days 8 hours ago
gogolak

Have you tried factory reset? I have oreo on my s8+ and is much faster and the battery is just awesome. Yesterday got 7,5h of screen on time with 27h since unplugged. I can’t ask for more.

lamentedmoss854
7 days 6 hours ago
lamentedmoss854

Yes, I have, I even flashed my device using Odin , still ,no use

popetillox
7 days 5 hours ago
popetillox

heisenberg001
6 days 13 hours ago
heisenberg001

What are the things that will be lost if I do the app cache cleaning? Reply pls

popetillox
6 days 12 hours ago
popetillox

Nothing will be lost, the app configuration will be clean ( probably you will have to re-enter or confirm your user and password in some apps, but just that.