Samsung Hello might be another AI-powered service for the Galaxy S8

We’ve brought you extensive coverage of Bixby, the artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant that Samsung is going to debut with the Galaxy S8. It all started when we first spotted trademarks for Bixby a couple of months back and since then countless reports have given us an idea of what to expect from Bixby. Samsung has now filed a trademark in Europe for Samsung Hello. It’s not immediately clear what this trademark is for but it could possibly be another AI-powered service for the Galaxy S8.

Samsung has filed for this trademark with the European Intellectual Property Office. The filing describes Samsung Hello as “software that enable block users or computers and mobile devices to access, aggregate, organize and interact with content, information and images and topics of general interest to such users.” The filing also mentions that Samsung Hello is an “application software that gives personalized features and information based on user’s preferences in the fields of weather, music, entertainment, games, travel, science, health, contact, and social news via voice command and voice recognition.”

The description makes one wonder if Samsung Hello will be related to Bixby in some way, perhaps it’s going to be an extension of that AI technology which aims to make it easier for users to navigate everyday life. This is pure speculation at this point in time so nothing is set in stone just yet. However, given Samsung’s focus on AI for smartphones this year, we may find out soon enough what Samsung Hello is all about.

samsung-hello-trademark

Via

Phones 7

Geff_Rock
4 months 15 days ago

This phone will explode with so many services sucking up the battery.

I can’t stand the services on the S7 already.

xfrgtr
4 months 15 days ago

you just a troll,stop lying,you must be a butthurt lg user,I feel sorry for you

Eddie Morales
4 months 15 days ago

My S4 charging port failed and wouldn’t charge the battery, so I used a wall charger to charge spare batteries and SWAPPED THEM. And
When THEM OEM battery STOPPED taking a charge I SWAPPED IT.

Then my digitizer failed, and I had no display, so I couldn’t see my screen. Good thing I was able to double press my home button and activate my Samsung Voice Assistant and make/ answer calls, have text read out, and send text via this feature. So if Bixby improves this feature great. I told friends about this and how Samsung make the best phones overall and not just great displays but quality devices, and that despite these problems they couldn’t stop this phone. (impressive)

But I have a problem upgrading to new Samsung devices due to my experience with charging port and battery failing, was swappable and they have taken that ability away. My car, watch, UPS backup all have a replaceable battery for a reason. (they eventually fail) A cars battery is good 3-5 yrs. So if I want this on a Samsung, I can only get it on a mid-range phone and not a flagship, which then I miss out on the experience on advances. The J7 doesn’t even support screen mirroring, c’mon man. ( not to mention the IR blaster) And they are gonna do away with the physical home button? If my digitizer fails, how am I to activate Bixby? C’mon man.
This is why I’ve settled for the LG V10 ,better than a Samsung mid-range and provides most of the things I want and need, peace of battery mind.

xfrgtr
4 months 15 days ago

Butthurt lg troll detected

maccyb
4 months 16 days ago

It could be just Bixby with a new name.

o0MHJ0o
4 months 16 days ago

No, I think this is going to be their new Brief/Upday/News Feed. Wouldn’t be a Samsung phone if we didn’t have to turn off that section on the homescreen lol

Samarasx
4 months 15 days ago

I actually use Briefing daily on my S7 Edge .. it feels so natural with the Edge screen to swipe right for news.

Give it a shot, it isn’t that awful xD

Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! X