New compensation program reportedly being prepared for Galaxy Note 7 customers

Home / News / New compensation program reportedly being prepared for Galaxy Note 7 customers

Customers who bought the Galaxy Note 7 aren’t necessarily happy with how everything turned out. They had to visit the point of purchase multiple times, first to get a replacement unit and later to exchange it or get a refund once the handset was discontinued. No wonder some have started filing lawsuits against the company. A report out of Korea claims that Samsung is preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 customers.

Samsung is reportedly considering providing Galaxy Note 7 customers with cash discounts for their future purchase of its next flagship. The discount might be offered on the Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy Note 8, the industry source mentioned in the report doesn’t clarify on which handset Samsung will decide to offer the discount. Samsung is already providing monetary incentives to get people to exchange their Galaxy Note 7 but customers certainly won’t mind a discount on its next flagship. It’s unclear just how much the discount will be, that is if Samsung decides to offer it in the first place, because the company hasn’t confirmed anything yet.

A discount on its next flagship will be a good way to show customers that it cares for them and is deeply sorry about all of the troubles the Galaxy Note 7 has caused them. Sacrificing a portion of its margin on the next flagship for a group of customers will also ensure that they decide to remain loyal to Samsung and that just might be the biggest incentive of this program for the company: sell another flagship to those who had to deal with its fire-prone Galaxy Note 7.

Via

Phones 10

RevLauren
11 months 28 days ago
RevLauren
I’m pretty disappointed in having to return my Note 7 (twice). It was a fantastic device, and I personally don’t think mine had any flaw. However, my carrier was making it very difficult for anyone to keep the phone. I think Samsung did everything they could do in response. I received a $25 credit for each return (which certainly covers my time and petrol expense), and a $100 credit on a new Samsung phone. Why would I think Samsung owes me more than that? Yes, there was a mistake made somewhere along the line, but it certainly doesn’t harm me… Read more »
gp8221
1 year 2 days ago
gp8221

I still got mine , and I think I’m gonna keep it if tmobile can’t give me a 64GB Note 5, something they dont even have on their inventories, I thought iphone was gonna use this to make a new sale record, but people still loyal to Samsung, bravo to my fellow Samsung fans .Long Life to the Note series.

steelerstitch
1 year 2 days ago
steelerstitch

I am still using my note 7 with zero problems because going to an s7 edge is such a downgrade I can’t do it. My note 4 gets hotter than the note 7. If they want my note 7 back they had better do something to the effect of making it easier to get the next note, even it they change the name I can not see them scrapping the same pen tech, they have cornered the market on it. If there were another company that had it every one would have switched after the recall.

spyder6925
1 year 2 days ago
spyder6925

I am also still using my Note 7. Admittedly my first Note 7 did get very hot but my new exchanged one does not. There are reports of iPhones catching fire, including one on a plane yet you only hear of Samsung. Yes this was a major problem yet less than 1% had issues. And some reports were suspicious, like the Jeep in Florida. Most pictures you could still tell what phone it was but that guy claims it set his entire jeep on fire? He must have had it sitting on newspaper next to gas.

xnote7
1 year 2 days ago
xnote7

yes, that’s is just what i was thinking, i was planning on looking at something else, but if they would do that i would stay with samsung.
the s7 and the s7E are down grades but yet we have to settle
the whole return process has been a nightmare

Blood Wolfe
1 year 2 days ago
Blood Wolfe
I certainly hope this will be something we see here from Samsung Canada if Samsung does go ahead with this. I’m currently on the fence about jumping ship to another brand (I will NEVER go icrap but I am debating the sadly overpriced Pixel or the LG V20 which is also overpriced so I likely won’t this year and see what comes next year). If Samsung still produces a phablet with an s-pen (whether it be a Note 8 or re-branded or if they make an S8 model that includes and houses the s-pen like the Notes have done) and… Read more »
S6Edge
1 year 2 days ago
S6Edge

If there’s only 1 Samsung flagship phone next year, the Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus need to have the S Pen. I don’t know, but it’s just my opinion.

fdb2usa
1 year 3 days ago
fdb2usa

I went to my T-Mobile Store to turn in my replacement Note 7 and found out about the $100 Credit if you buy another Samsung device. They applied it to my bill. I do plan on purchasing the Note 8 when it comes out. The Note 7 was Great phone!

AdL2012
1 year 2 days ago
AdL2012

Samsung said no more Galaxy Note from now on,they will pay more attention for Galaxy S series.Galaxy Note 8 will not exist 😉

HossamAlMasri
1 year 3 days ago
HossamAlMasri

Dear Adnan ,

the customers who already refunded their note 7 how will they benefit from this program ?
Samsung has a database of the note 7 customers ?

wpDiscuz