Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge get an update with touch improvements

Home / News / Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge get an update with touch improvements

Samsung is pushing out an update for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge in various regions, with the update bring improvements to touch and a new feature that corrects shape in “skewed photos.” Palm rejection on the display is much better with the new software (build XXU1APD1) – Galaxy S7 edge owners should benefit most from this, as single-handed usage can result in unintended touches on the edges of the display.

As for the shape correction feature, we don’t see a new option in the photo editor, so maybe this works when your hand shakes while taking a picture or is part of the auto adjust option for photos you should find a toggle in the camera settings. According to its description, the feature tries to correct shapes that appear distorted, although we will have to test and see how well it works. The update should be hitting your device over the course of the week; be sure to do a manual check through the Settings » About device menu. It’s available over the air (as a 156 MB download), through Samsung Smart Switch, and from our firmware database.

Received the update already? Let us know if you notice any other improvements on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge.

s7-s7-edge-update-pd1

PDAG935FXXU1APD1
CSCG935FDBT1APC5

Firmware news 11

velda55
1 year 11 months ago
velda55

Updated to APD1 a week ago and its killing my battery. Used to have at least 6 hours of SOT and now barely 4 hours. Android system is constantly working in the background keeping the phone awake. Under usage it’s appearing on top using at least 40% of battery. Even did a full reset and nothing changed. Think i’ll downgrade to previous build version

A Sweaty Womble
1 year 11 months ago
A Sweaty Womble

The opposite has happened for me… I had an alright battery life before the update and it has become even better after the update. The problem with this is that you have to wait 3 days for the Samsung battery optimiser to start working on apps you don’t use. A factory reset won’t work on battery optimisation. You will have apps installed that use wakelocks or you are not doing something correctly. Whatever it is, it isn’t the firmware.

ilirbehrami
2 years 7 days ago
ilirbehrami

Problem galaxy s7 android 6.0.1 fingerprint G930FDBT1APC5 help please.

MacCuill
2 years 7 days ago
MacCuill

No update for Telekom Germany customers yet.

edmundsze1
2 years 8 days ago
edmundsze1

Does anyone know if this has fixed the issue where the Wifi is not working when blue tooth is on? I’ve seen many posts about it all over the web and I have experienced it too but I think it has been fixed.

xarcaneckx
2 years 9 days ago
xarcaneckx

those options were already in bulgarian firmware,

xarcaneckx
2 years 9 days ago
xarcaneckx

it was working with the bulgarian firmware, i have that firmware and has the camera setting

xdamm
2 years 9 days ago
xdamm

Wow, what the hell?

My carrier is known to delay updates quite a bit but I just checked for updates as soon as I read this article and the update was available and successfully installed.

Is this something that Samsung itself is pushing out or does my carrier not come into account with this kind of update?

A Sweaty Womble
2 years 9 days ago
A Sweaty Womble

Thank God they’ve finally updated the touch sensitivity… It happens quite frequently for me and I’m not even touching (or that close) to the screen. It’s crazy sensitive at the moment. It keeps activating MultiWindow mode for some reason and nothing else is affected.

microspock
2 years 9 days ago
microspock

The option for shape correction is in my camera settings 😉

Martin R.