Here’s what to do if you can’t remember the lock screen password for your Samsung smartphone
So you’ve just got your hands on a shiny new Samsung smartphone, blasted through the setup process, and in the heat of the moment forgotten your password for the lock screen. What do you do? First thing’s first, don’t panic. Tons of people have been in the exact same position before, and plenty more will follow in the future. That’s why Samsung (and Android itself) has made it extremely easy to reset your passcode and regain access to your phone.
Method 1: Unlock using your Google Account
- If you’ve entered an incorrect password more than 20 times, you will be prompted to enter your Google credentials. Simply input your email address and password, then head over to your Gmail inbox and confirm the login.
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll have the facility to change your backup password. Ensure you change it to something memorable this time, though, as there is a cap on the amount of times you can reset your password using this method.
If, for whatever reason, you can’t authenticate your device using your Google Account, you will have to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service. Full instructions on how to do this can be seen below.
Method 2: Unlock using Find My Mobile
- To unlock your handset using Samsung’s Find My Mobile platform, head over to its official website by clicking here.
- Log in using the Samsung account you created when you first got your hands on your smartphone. Of course, this requires that you would have logged in to a Samsung account instead of skipping it.
- Once on the dashboard, hit the button entitled Unlock my Device.
- Ensure that the phone is turned on and is connected to the Internet either via Wi-Fi or through an active data connection.
- Click OK to the pop-up that appears on the website.
Your phone will now communicate with Find my Mobile and after a few minutes should remotely unlock. Now you’re going to want to head into the device’s Settings and create a new password.
If you happen to run into any issues along the way, do be sure to let us know in the comments section below, and we’ll do our very best to help you out.