Samsung recently released a software update (N7100XXDLL7) to the Galaxy Note II and this update is reported to suffer from battery drain. Owners of the Galaxy Note II who installed the new software update reported us about the battery drain issue. We of SamMobile have also tested the new firmware and we can confirm that the new update indeed drains the battery much faster than previous firmwares.
The new software update (N7100XXDLL7) fixes the infamous Exynos vulnerability,”Sudden Death” issue and resetcode bug but brings battery drain. Samsung itself did not give any comment on this issue yet, we expect a new update based on Android 4.1.2 before the newer Android version 4.2.1 / 4.2.2 firmwares. If you have the same problem with your Galaxy Note II please let us know in the comments!
Some quotes from Galaxy Note II owners:
– yes. Before update – 7,5 hours of screen work, now – 6,5 – 7 hours.
– absolutely its very noticeable
– Not really, around 5-10% worse battery, but nothing massive.
– I think battery drains fastly than 4.1.1 update. But now Exynos Xploit is solved.
– before update screen time on 8h Now : 6h30
– not battery drain but 4.1.1 was way better than latest firmwares
– yep battery now only lasts max of 24hrs , used to get 36+ , MediaScannerService seems to be the culprit