Galaxy Note II software update (N7100XXDLL7) brings battery drain

Samsung recently released a software update (N7100XXDLL7) to the Galaxy Note II and this update is reported to suffer from battery drain. Owners of the Galaxy Note II who installed the new software update reported us about the battery drain issue. We of SamMobile have also tested the new firmware and we can confirm that the new update indeed drains the battery much faster than previous firmwares.

The new software update (N7100XXDLL7) fixes the infamous Exynos vulnerability,”Sudden Death” issue and resetcode bug but brings battery drain. Samsung itself did not give any comment on this issue yet, we expect a new update based on Android 4.1.2 before the newer Android version 4.2.1 / 4.2.2 firmwares. If you have the same problem with your Galaxy Note II please let us know in the comments!

Some quotes from Galaxy Note II owners:
– yes. Before update – 7,5 hours of screen work, now – 6,5 – 7 hours.
– absolutely its very noticeable
– Not really, around 5-10% worse battery, but nothing massive.
– I think battery drains fastly than 4.1.1 update. But now Exynos Xploit is solved.
– before update screen time on 8h Now : 6h30
– not battery drain but 4.1.1 was way better than latest firmwares
– yep battery now only lasts max of 24hrs , used to get 36+ , MediaScannerService seems to be the culprit

Firmware news 69

agnes3434
3 years 5 months ago
agnes3434

Bonjour ou bonsoir, je vous informe que j’ai également un problème de Batterie, ma phablette est le Galaxy note 2 avec la version androïde 4.3. La version de la bande de base est le N7100XXUEMJ9. Quel est la mise à jour que je pourrai installé pour ne plus avoir mon problème de batterie? Merci beaucoup.

trackback
3 years 8 months ago
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) receives official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update | Tech Zone

[…] Galaxy Note II program refurbish (N7100XXDLL7) brings battery drain […]

mohamedelrayah
4 years 3 months ago
mohamedelrayah

hi everybody , i faced the same problem it looks the problem in the MOBILE DATA cause when i stopped it the battary stopped draining and worked just fine

scorp10101
4 years 3 months ago
scorp10101

I received my update on 3/26/2013. I believe it was for my 3h LTE service. I was so excited that I had the LTE service in my area only to be let down. I battery my battery life for it. I did a factory reset thinking it was an app I downloaded. Nope still drained almost to 20% by 5 pm. However I am confident Samsung will fix the problem, or T-Mobile.

MADROX
4 years 3 months ago
MADROX

My Note2 has been on for 2 hours and has already dropped 79%. At least an hour an a half of this time is idle time. Flashing back to 4.1.1.

MADROX
4 years 3 months ago
MADROX

Dropped below 79%**

Aoosha
4 years 4 months ago
Aoosha

Yes there is huge drain. .they must fix it.

kstorm
4 years 4 months ago
kstorm

does the factory reset fix the problem?

Aoosha
4 years 4 months ago
Aoosha

abdullah.amb121
4 years 4 months ago
abdullah.amb121

hey guys m also having same issue
battery is draining so fast…
my firmware is XXDLK7
and build version is XXDMB5
today moring 10 am i charged my note 2 to 93% and at 5:45pm it was 32%…

settusurf
4 years 4 months ago
settusurf

I too have a problem in battery drain after the update 4.1.2….when the next update? how to fix the problem…

Leandrojpsousa
4 years 5 months ago
Leandrojpsousa

Really a huge difference in battery life. Use that had before been almost 40h to 24h maximum. And to call Samsung support they just suggest we make a factory reset. Although not quite believe that I would solve, now wait a reload to see if there was improvement. In my case also notication other problems like the blue LED flashing without notice. Small “gagging” on the screen. And even a crash TouchWiz. Wait for new update.

kstorm
4 years 4 months ago
kstorm

hi. does the factory reset work?
they said u need to factory reset so the battery will be normal again… is it true?

this battery drain problem is really upsetting

heatonz
4 years 5 months ago
heatonz

I had ics 4.1.1 and my phone drains battery more of usually. but i installed 4.1.2, and the life battery is better. This in my case.

nemessmu
4 years 5 months ago
nemessmu

I was an iPhone guy before, but switched to the Note 2 mainly because of the great battery life. Now the battery life sucks. I can’t go the whole day without recharging as opposed to going a day and a half on a single charge.

What happened? Will there be a quick change? Don’t you realize that battery life is the number 1 factor on going with a phone?

Very disappointed and kicking myself for upgrading to 4.1.2

Is there anyway to go back to 4.1.1?

skltr
4 years 5 months ago
skltr

Does this only happen with N7100XXDLL7? I didn’t update, as 4.1.2 it’s not available yet in my country.

I see that version named N7100XXDMA6 being released now to other countries. Does this version causes battery drain?

Reg1s
4 years 5 months ago
Reg1s
My Galaxy Note 2 on tmobile has been a wonderful device since day one of purchase. Battery life was extremely excellent i would run this device for 18 hrs with 9 to 11hrs of on screen time i mean heavy heavy use. Now I have to charge my device much more often at least twice in 18hrs which makes me back off on my usage. I also notice it gets hot now when used for long periods of time definitely not good. Samsung better do something about this problem and fast. I will be hitting up their twitrer/facebook/goggle plus pages… Read more »
terebi-kun
4 years 5 months ago
terebi-kun

I have the same problem with the battery i used to get 20 hours of light to moderate use now i get 12 hours

sebastianemilek
4 years 5 months ago
sebastianemilek

yes i have problem with the battery i used to get 18 hours of light to moderate use now i get 11 hours ..

rotaney
4 years 5 months ago
rotaney

to get a maximum backup
do give a full recharge cycle to ur device (when battery goes below 20% to 100% without interruption)
use the charger provided with the device (2A) instead of ur other galaxy devices (0.7A)
shut off ur device while charging it takes only 2-2.5 hours if u shut it off

please give ur feedback after doing this

AfDfCh88
4 years 6 months ago
AfDfCh88

yo he notado un consumo superior mas o menos de un 25 por ciento.Arregla lo de la bateria la nueva version de tailandia THL?

BeYz
4 years 6 months ago
BeYz

My battery drains 3.8%/hour with 50 minutes of screen!!!
I found an error in calculator application.
When you push “x button” appears “+”.
When you push “divide button” appers “divide simbol behind +”.
When you push “- button” appears “+”.

I hope a fast 4.1.2 update.
Encouragement!

pramdit
4 years 6 months ago
pramdit

does any one knows when the galaxy note 2 sph -l900 from sprint will be getting the 4.1.2 firmware update?

Speedo1544
4 years 6 months ago
Speedo1544

had installed the N7100XXDLL7 a while ago and i had yet to test its battery life… i since i had upgraded my device from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 i did noticed that the battery drains kinda fast…im charging to 100% and i will observe if anything had changed, for good or for worst…

carolnicolae
4 years 6 months ago
carolnicolae

ok, I noticed that with location detection on via WiFi/Network it drains the battery much faster. If you uncheck all location settings and turn off Google Now, you should get regular battery stats. Hope this helps.

terrymay741
4 years 6 months ago
terrymay741

OK, a hard reset really helped

fb2002
4 years 6 months ago
fb2002

I love samsung.
But samsung release software update a little bit too fast.
Slow down,samsung!
Give Sammobile your enthusiast some rest.
Sammobile is the best!

lucasguti20
4 years 6 months ago
lucasguti20

yup it definitely drains battery….

wpDiscuz