The wait is finally over! Samsung has just started rolling out Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105). It's been a long time since Samsung updated the Galaxy Note II to a new version of Android. The Galaxy Note II launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and even today the Galaxy Note II is running the exact same version of Android. Samsung never updated the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2 and even also never internally tested a single Android 4.2.2 build for the Note II.
Galaxy Note II users will be pleased to know that the Android 4.3 update is very stable, way more than Galaxy S III's official update, and it's amazingly fast as well. There are quite a lot of changes and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. The new update also brings support for the Galaxy Gear, Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates but after testing a few internal builds and this official one, we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements we have noticed.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Samsung KNOX
– Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
– Better RAM management
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4's theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
– Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
The new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don't worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.
To keep track of the countries and carriers receiving the new Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105), check out our live feed below:
To update your Galaxy Note II LTE to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung's OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
Country: Nordic countries
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 02:40:44 +0000
Product Code: NEE
All new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can't officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update.