Samsung starts firmware development for the Galaxy Note 8

We’ve received word from our sources that Samsung has started firmware development for the international variant of the much-anticipated Galaxy Note 8 (codenamed Great).

In addition, we’ve caught wind that it’s begun working on firmware builds for the recently-announced refurbished variant of the Galaxy Note 7, though they appear to be exclusive to South Korea.

• Refurbished Galaxy Note 7: N935LKLU2AQD2/N935LLUC2AQD2/N935LKLU2AQD2
  • Galaxy Note 8: N950FXXU0AQC6/N950FOXM0AQC6/N950FXXU0AQC6
Don't miss [Exclusive] Galaxy Note 8 codename and model number, refurbished Note 7 in development for South Korea

Phones 20

Haseeb Khan
19 days 10 hours ago

Still Rocking My Beast -> The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With A 10,000Mah Zero Lemon Battery Case. Rooted & Running Nova Launcher = Perfect Phone, Perfect Battery By Zero Lemon Averaging 3 & Half Days Of Battery Life Perfect Plan (Unlimited Call & Text And Unlimited Data & Unlimited Tethering) “Canadian Plan” Promotional Limited Time Only Offered On January Of 2014.

The Note 4 Is And Will Always Be What A Note Was Ment To Be “A PowerHouse”… Now They Went All Premium… Well I Guess The Note 8 Is The Next Upgrade… Just Wish Samsung Can Remake The Note 4 With Today’s Specs, Battery Boost & Removable… My Note 4 Will Be My Backup… It’s Just Perfect!!!! The Note 8 ?!?!? If The Rumors Are True… -> Dual Speakers, Ir Blaster, USB Type-C, Beautiful 4k Amoled Screen, Dual Camera’s, 6 GB Of RAM, Up To 256 GB” Of Storage, A Snapdragon 835 Or An Exynos 9-Series Chipset?!?!? = WIN

The Fingerprint Built In To The Screen? WIN Or On The Back Bottom Of The Camera Like The Other Brands “Circle” I Won’t Mind!!!

LegendSmoker
2 months 16 days ago

ok so specs of Note 8 will be same as s8 but with spen …. same story like S7 and Note 7 nothing worth to wait 6 Months longer. No IR, Only Edge Models… by Sammy…

jose kerginaldo de paula
2 months 17 days ago

In my opinion the note 4 was the best Note ever.Waiting for the Note 8.

Stephen Hardy
2 months 17 days ago

I’ve had my note 4 since when it was 1st released, I will be upgrading to the note 8. Dear samsung please don’t make this a 5.7 or 5.8 inch screen this has been done since the note 3 it’s time for a big leap, match the s8 plus in screen size or make it larger, that for me is the big deciding factor for me. Also keep the headphone jack, micro sd, & please release 5 to 6gb of ram for the US & CAN, don’t make the 6gb ram just an Asian exclusive that’s not right. Also please increase battery size if possible worst case scenario add atleast another 100 to 200 mah extra. & if possible bring back the ir blaster.

Andrei603
2 months 18 days ago

I think samsung is very fast,but with android versions it’s very slow.Samsung should be faster with android updates and slower with phone production

GalaxyCasper
2 months 19 days ago

Honestly I’ll be waiting for the Samsung Note 9 or 10. The S8 seems to much like my s7 edge.

bgsky
2 months 18 days ago

I`ll skip S8.It is S7 with little bigger display and one extra button:) The note 8 will be more or less bigger version of S8.It began to get bored!

gtone339
2 months 18 days ago

Wait for the Galaxy S9 or S10 as well. ;)

stondec
2 months 19 days ago

Excited for the Note 8. They need to bring back the fingerprint sensor to the front underneath the glass (or at least place it in the middle of the phone) and make a 300gb version available on day one and also bring back the IR blaster. Is that too much to ask for?

kevind03
2 months 19 days ago

300gb version is not necessary it’ll cost like hell

Lukasz1536
2 months 19 days ago

Can’t wait for the Note 8. S8 is a big disappointment for me.

NotReallySamsungFan
2 months 19 days ago

Cool so it’ll be released on 7.1.1 then and updated to O within the first two 2 months

Shimy
2 months 19 days ago

Just because they started development now doesn’t mean it’ll release on 7.1.1. If Android O is released on August like Nougat, and the Note 8 will be released on October, it’s quite possible it’ll release with Android O. If not, it will without a doubt be released with the last version of Nougat.

SenorSjon
2 months 19 days ago

Lol, never bought a Samsung before? ;)

wpbogdan
2 months 19 days ago

have you? i don’t think you did

Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! X