Samsung starts firmware development for the Galaxy Note 8

Home / News / Samsung starts firmware development for the Galaxy Note 8

We’ve received word from our sources that Samsung has started firmware development for the international variant of the much-anticipated Galaxy Note 8 (codenamed Great).

In addition, we’ve caught wind that it’s begun working on firmware builds for the recently-announced refurbished variant of the Galaxy Note 7, though they appear to be exclusive to South Korea.

• Refurbished Galaxy Note 7: N935LKLU2AQD2/N935LLUC2AQD2/N935LKLU2AQD2
  • Galaxy Note 8: N950FXXU0AQC6/N950FOXM0AQC6/N950FXXU0AQC6
Don't miss [Exclusive] Galaxy Note 8 codename and model number, refurbished Note 7 in development for South Korea

Phones 20

4 months 12 days ago
Haseeb Khan
Still Rocking My Beast -> The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With A 10,000Mah Zero Lemon Battery Case. Rooted & Running Nova Launcher = Perfect Phone, Perfect Battery By Zero Lemon Averaging 3 & Half Days Of Battery Life Perfect Plan (Unlimited Call & Text And Unlimited Data & Unlimited Tethering) “Canadian Plan” Promotional Limited Time Only Offered On January Of 2014. The Note 4 Is And Will Always Be What A Note Was Ment To Be “A PowerHouse”… Now They Went All Premium… Well I Guess The Note 8 Is The Next Upgrade… Just Wish Samsung Can Remake The Note… Read more »
LegendSmoker
6 months 9 days ago
LegendSmoker

ok so specs of Note 8 will be same as s8 but with spen …. same story like S7 and Note 7 nothing worth to wait 6 Months longer. No IR, Only Edge Models… by Sammy…

6 months 10 days ago
jose kerginaldo de paula

In my opinion the note 4 was the best Note ever.Waiting for the Note 8.

6 months 10 days ago
Stephen Hardy
I’ve had my note 4 since when it was 1st released, I will be upgrading to the note 8. Dear samsung please don’t make this a 5.7 or 5.8 inch screen this has been done since the note 3 it’s time for a big leap, match the s8 plus in screen size or make it larger, that for me is the big deciding factor for me. Also keep the headphone jack, micro sd, & please release 5 to 6gb of ram for the US & CAN, don’t make the 6gb ram just an Asian exclusive that’s not right. Also please… Read more »
Andrei603
6 months 11 days ago
Andrei603

I think samsung is very fast,but with android versions it’s very slow.Samsung should be faster with android updates and slower with phone production

GalaxyCasper
6 months 11 days ago
GalaxyCasper

Honestly I’ll be waiting for the Samsung Note 9 or 10. The S8 seems to much like my s7 edge.

bgsky
6 months 11 days ago
bgsky

I`ll skip S8.It is S7 with little bigger display and one extra button:) The note 8 will be more or less bigger version of S8.It began to get bored!

gtone339
6 months 11 days ago
gtone339

Wait for the Galaxy S9 or S10 as well. 😉

stondec
6 months 12 days ago
stondec

Excited for the Note 8. They need to bring back the fingerprint sensor to the front underneath the glass (or at least place it in the middle of the phone) and make a 300gb version available on day one and also bring back the IR blaster. Is that too much to ask for?

6 months 12 days ago
kevind03

300gb version is not necessary it’ll cost like hell

Lukasz1536
6 months 12 days ago
Lukasz1536

Can’t wait for the Note 8. S8 is a big disappointment for me.

NotReallySamsungFan
6 months 12 days ago
NotReallySamsungFan

Cool so it’ll be released on 7.1.1 then and updated to O within the first two 2 months

Shimy
6 months 12 days ago
Shimy

Just because they started development now doesn’t mean it’ll release on 7.1.1. If Android O is released on August like Nougat, and the Note 8 will be released on October, it’s quite possible it’ll release with Android O. If not, it will without a doubt be released with the last version of Nougat.

SenorSjon
6 months 12 days ago
SenorSjon

Lol, never bought a Samsung before? 😉

wpbogdan
6 months 12 days ago
wpbogdan

have you? i don’t think you did

wpDiscuz