Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus battery capacity leaves much to be desired

It was first reported several weeks ago that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus might have a 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh battery respectively. We’ve previously seen a leaked image of what was claimed to be a Galaxy S8 Plus battery cell which was of the reported 3,500mAh capacity. A couple of images have been leaked online today likely confirming the concerning possibility that these are the battery capacities that Samsung is sticking with.

The battery packs that we see in these images are said to be for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. The marking show that they are of 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh capacity respectively. The markings also reveal that the cell has been made in Korea and the battery itself has been assembled in Vietnam by Samsung SDI.

Many have expressed concerns that the battery capacity simply may not be enough for these devices so either Samsung has made impressive gains elsewhere to reduce battery consumption or we’re about to see a repeat of the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge. Samsung will officially confirm these details about the Galaxy S8 on March 29.

galaxy-s8-battery
galaxy-s8-plus-battery

Via

Phones 13

Sendoh05
2 months 30 days ago

When will Samsung start using 5000 mAh batteries in their flagships?! I’m so tired of this…

mantaka
2 months 30 days ago

looks like Note 8 or Pixel 2 will be my next phone :D Or maybe apple lol

gtone339
3 months 3 hours ago

Battery life: under 7 hrs I presume similar to the LG G6 battery life.

MStuart
3 months 12 hours ago

So the phones are giant but we don’t even get the benefit of decent battery capacities in exchange.

Add to that the flawless support Samsung is known for, plus the ever-affordable prices, and it all sounds like a great deal. Can’t wait!!!

billywongwashere
3 months 12 hours ago

Will be like the s6 all over again. They said the new 14nm would give it good battery but in real life it sucked

Maybe the s9 will do an s7 with better battery?

sammay69
3 months 12 hours ago

i just hope that Samsung has tested this batteries to its max to make sure our next devices are safe

wpbogdan
3 months 5 hours ago

I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want another disaster lol

ijazali
3 months 14 hours ago

Really depends on the battery consumption from the SoC at 10nm, and we have no data on that yet

Lucidfer
3 months 3 hours ago

That, the screen and the LTE chip are the factors but there’s little chance that it means any significantly saved battery given how crap Android is coded and unoptimised.

mrtaxi247
3 months 15 hours ago

It’s look like second battery made in Japan

Abdallah98
3 months 14 hours ago

Both made in Korea, thars whats written

bonerp
3 months 15 hours ago

Its about time these manufacturers realised battery life is at the top of many peoples must haves. I had the note 7 which was superb, but if they insist on making smaller batteries, let them be replaceable! My Mate 9 Porsche has a 4000mah battery which has great all day life. As opposed to the piddly little one I can kill in 3/4 of a day in my OnePlus3t! All these amazing features but no all day power to make them last. Utterly ridiculous. And no, I don’t want to carry a battery pack as big or heavier than the phone.

cavagsam
3 months 13 hours ago

You are absolutely right.
I have mate 9 and s7 edge and mate 9 is a beast, I use as my daily driver.
Always use Samsung since S3 and now after using mate 9 and this emui 5.0 I like it very much.
I will be waiting for a review for s8 battery, and see, because i don’t believe that last more than mate 9.
S8 has the same size of s7 edge, why not a 3500mAp battery on it.
I think users will be disappointed in the end.
s7 edge last one day until get home not more than that.

Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! Summer Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €60 for €50! X