Exclusive: Samsung is working on a huge Android tablet with an 18.4-inch display

Samsung has already released a bunch of tablets this year including the Galaxy Tab E, the Galaxy Tab A, and the Galaxy Tab S2, but it has plans to bring more devices to the market. The company is working on a huge Android-based tablet that could be used in living rooms, offices, or schools.

According to the information that we’ve received, the SM-T670, which is codenamed ‘Tahoe’, is an Android 5.1 Lollipop-based tablet with an 18.4-inch display. It will feature a TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, a microSD card slot (supporting up to 128GB cards), and a 5,700 mAh battery. It will also come with an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 2.1-megapixel secondary camera. It will be 451.8 mm wide, 275.8 mm tall, and 11.9 mm thick.

Currently we don’t have any information regarding the final name of the tablet or its tentative release date, but we will follow through when we get any new information. Samsung is also said to be working on a Windows 10-based tablet with a high-resolution 12-inch display, a 13nm Intel Core M chipset, 4GB RAM, and an S Pen.

Tablets 21

parisino
1 year 10 months ago
parisino

Why 2 cameras for a huge tablet meant for use in schools, living rooms and office meetings, maybe clued to a wall? One unique front camera to make Skype style videocalls would be enough… I see often those electronic so called high end products have so many useless things.

harryisme
harryisme

If it’s that big why not just bung in a SSD drive. Also why only 1080p? a Higher res screen makes more sense in something this big than a 1440p screen on 5.2″ phone.

Don’t see the point of this, if it’s that big I would want it to be a Windows Device, since Windows has started turning up in cheaper tablets. No doubt for the price of this tablet, you’ll be able to pick up a full fledged laptop with a touchscreen that’s more powerful. As I doubt this would be priced under $600.

insel71
insel71

If it’s that big. Why does it need micro sd card? Wouldn’t a full sized sd card work better?

kronicle
kronicle

Sounds great to me!!! 😀 ……..I’d love to replace my 17″ Heavy Laptop computer right now…. as it never leaves the house or it’s wall hugging socket with something actually more energy efficient, lighter with a smaller footprint!!!

I also use Windows 10 on it now with an upgrade. I am really liking Win 10 and looking forward to new device’s sporting it. Since I have been in the “Insider Program” from the beginning!!!

Solun
Solun

“We swear it fits right into your pocket!”

Qasim Mughal
Qasim Mughal

Soooo ODdd….

han.eliteskw
han.eliteskw

are you sick?!

vido1
vido1

Micro SD card slot : if it supports “up to 128GB” it supports up to 2TB, in fact (SDXC standard).

Riponmiah01
Riponmiah01

its too big..

TheSparda
TheSparda

Samsung suck at tablets. Tab s2 is laggy and poorly optimized. Now we get another underpowered tab…Please let them die…

insel71
insel71

Samsung or low powered tablets should die? If you mean Samsung I’d agree with you on their speedy updates alone. FYI I’m being sarcastic when I write speedy.

bsalem
bsalem

an octa-core 64-bit 1.6GHz Exynos 7580 processor, 2GB RAM!!!!!!!?????????
Note 4 3GB ram and you said it’s imposible to run 64-bit version!!!
This proves that you are layers.

Abhijeet M.
Abhijeet M.

The Note 4 was powered by the Snapdragon 805 in many regions, and this processor was not a 64-bit processor. Samsung couldn’t enable 64-bit for the Exynos version because that would leave out the ones who bought the Snapdragon version.

Most CPU’s today are 64-bit but that doesn’t mean each will have high RAM.

thegeneral2010
thegeneral2010

I remmber when note 3 was released with its 2 variants the exynos variant didnt support 4k video recording and 4g modem thats beside its lower performance wat u say now gives me indication never to trust exynos processors.

Magomat
Magomat

My note 4 was the last samsung device. No upgrade to 5.1.1 for a flash device. If mu st I go for a Apple device the have more respect for costumer.

BigMB44
BigMB44

Most recently released phones have 4GB ram and this tablet PC will have 2? …………..

apurba.giri
apurba.giri

Recent phones with 4 gigs are flagships, may be Samsung intends to keep the price of this 18″ tab reasonable… or may be not, we’ll get to know!

lyeshmed
lyeshmed

TFT LCD screen … too bad I witch all display in any device are super amoled especially the big one.

sanid
sanid

5700 mAh battery for an 18.4 display???

LTAA