Samsung Korea posted Jelly Bean upgrade details about the Samsung Galaxy SII. The Jelly Bean update by Samsung will reduce internal memory from 12GB to 11GB and the reduced 1GB memory part will be used for system partition, as it will also re-partition the memory system, so this upgrade will take at least 1 hour. This upgrade will only be available through Samsung KIES.
The Samsung Galaxy S II is Samsung’s second best-selling Android device ever. Samsung introduced the Galaxy S II 2 years ago at MWC. The Galaxy S II features a 4.3” SuperAMOLED+ display, Exynos 4210 Dual-Core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz, Mali-400 Quad-Core GPU with 1GB of RAM and an 8 megapixel camera. This is not the first time the Galaxy S II is going to receive a major upgrade. Samsung updated their second best-selling Android device before from Gingerbread (Android 2.3.6) to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4). The Galaxy S II will now receive Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean upgrade.
Galaxy S II owners be happy!
Major Changes in the new Software Upgrade
1. Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich → Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
– improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance (thanks to project Butter)
– Improved usability for some applications
2. Preloaded applications
– Add Help
– Add Google+
– Add +Talk
– Add Play Book
– Add Play Movie
3. Newly added/improved functions
– Add Easy mode, Block mode
– Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
– Add Smart Stay
– New functions like Pop-up play and more
– Improved some functions & applications usability
As they released this document the update can’t be far away anymore! What do you think?