Samsung reportedly halts Lollipop update for Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5 in Norway

Samsung is turning out to be the only smartphone brand other than Motorola to update a number of existing devices to Android 5.0 Lollipop. It has already rolled out the sweetest version of Android to the Galaxy Note 4, the Galaxy Note 3, the Galaxy S4, and the Galaxy S5. However, it has reportedly halted the Lollipop update for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S5 in Norway due to a number of bugs.

One of our regular readers from Norway has pointed out that Samsung pulled the initial Lollipop update (which was rolled out in January) for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S5 due to a number of bugs, including the one where Contacts app doesn’t work and com.android.phone freezes from time to time. Apparently, Samsung Norway has admitted this on its official Facebook Page, and a lot of users are complaining there about these lingering problems after the update.

Thanks for the tip, Magnus!

Source

Firmware news 63

lovelylogon
1 year 3 months ago
lovelylogon

after 5.0.1 android update on galaxy s4 it cause overheating of set while using…….please if possible do not update….. in my device the barometer sensor also doesnot work

tayyabzubair7
2 years 3 months ago
tayyabzubair7

What about S4 Value Edition will it get lollipop update

tikly
tikly

Last Samsung I will ever buy, note 4, had s2 s4 note1 note3 and note4 .This time I regret not buying the LG g3 ,I hear got lollipop along time ago.

Sam hyder
Sam hyder

If it is halted for norway why is it not coming for india? cuz, the kazakhstan’s build is quite stable may be. OR may be samsung is working on 5.1 directly 😛 jus curious to know. 😛

Phoenix2
Phoenix2

It seems like as of an hour ago new 5.0 builds are rolling out to most/all CSCs in Singapore (a few carriers included), which had an older 5.0 build. This could be a sign that the rollout has continued, and hopefully these bugs are fixed with these new releases

Sam hyder
Sam hyder

those new builds are for snapdragon or exynos variant ?

FXsam
FXsam

Cibai Lu Shamsung!!!!! CIBAI CIBAI CIBAI SHAMsung Shit!!!!!!!!!!! Piece of crap!!!!

cabriocuu
cabriocuu

SG s5 g900f Saudi Arabia when the next version update lollipops..

mdimrankhangr
mdimrankhangr

The ram usage is very high in lollipop. Hope samsung will fix this too..

greymann
greymann

When we gonna expect an Lollipop firmware update for S4 GT-I9500 in the Middle East?

oryon81
oryon81

I’m still waiting for the lollipop update on my note 4.

SamMobile1811
SamMobile1811

Same here Bro !! Note 4 should have got update 1st, in January !! Still no Lollipop for Flagship !! and now S6 n S6edge will take on all priorities !!

melvarius
melvarius
I’m using the G900FXXU1BOB7 release and i have seen occasional crash messages pop up with regard to contacts and the screen wake-up issue that has bugged the phone since its first release is back. The laugh is that i am not trying to access contacts when i receive the error message. it seems to happen when i shut down facefook and bbc news apps neither of which have been allowed access to my contacts. The wake up issue seems to go if you clear the cache memory but creeps back within a day or two. it seems to me that… Read more »
gokmen yilmaz
gokmen yilmaz

s5 plus sm_g901f update lollipop please*

thegreatdane
thegreatdane

Ha, sadly this was also the case with Sammy in Denmark who pulled the plug on the update for SGS 5- contact crashes, phone freezes, battery drain, screen not waking up from standby….

Eagerly awaiting an update…

tonwil
tonwil

I have for a few days lollipop 5.o.1 on my samsung s4 i9505 and i must say it works verry well.
The firmware is : I9505XXUHOA7 So if you can`t wait try this one.

bosson med
bosson med

siii c’est super rom I9505XXUHOA7

reeme1967
reeme1967

when nore 4 SM N910H receive lollipop update

Farsat Sagvan
Farsat Sagvan

Lollipop has a lot of bugs because android here’s start from zero, google has changed lollipop way , and samsung need to work hardly to optimize lollipop for s4 not like 4.3 and 4.4.

Tergras
Tergras

Theh why Samsung released it like 2 month ago for Russia and India? If those 2 countries not testing the firmware or something, and in the end we all will receive the same lollipop only with delay in several monthses

Tergras
Tergras

this will be the last time i bought Samsung product.

reeme1967
reeme1967

When the update arrive to note 4 SM N910H

SamMobile1811
SamMobile1811

Nobody Knows !! N910G too !!

royalgipsy
royalgipsy

I can affirm the info about bugs in Norwegian Lollipop for S5, it’s a real pain.. I think thats why they postpones the Note 4 update to Lollipop here too… Somehow it has relevance I think..

Farsat Sagvan
Farsat Sagvan

All galaxy s4 versions will get lollipop in April 2016 :/

sanayp
sanayp

The update will come in 1-2 weeks depending on how fast samsung work.

Source84
Source84

The fix for this problem in Norway is already released. Installed it on sunday or somthing. Now everything works fine.

Source84
Source84

For the Galaxy S5 anyway

srlunar
srlunar

The Contacts app keeps giving errors, over and over again. The phone overheats at its max, and the apps, in general, begin to collapse and experiment lag. Worst update ever. Feels like an Alpha or Beta release.

chtm
chtm

S4 mini??? (95)

dborgi
dborgi

SM-N910H ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Aliiii200
Aliiii200
the customer services samsung in egypt is very bad i have samsung galaxy note 4 and i Discovered some problem 1. the device is very hot in short time 2. Showed Message (insert sim card) but the sim card working in another device i send the phone to samsung egypt to making a Test (in 3/3/2015) i should get my phone in (9/3/2015) Told me your phone have a Big problem in screen when i ask about problem told me (some problem in color in screen) when Asked to seeing my phone (OPS) my screen so dark ( not working… Read more »
Solun
Solun

Love these articles where they say all the latest Samsung flagships received the latest update when in reality maybe 1% of them did :). My Note 4 is still on 4.4.4 though I am okay with it. Hope to see polished 5 rather than to be the first and have bugs.

wpDiscuz