Well, after leaking an Android 4.2.2 test build for the Galaxy S4, our Galaxy Note 3 members felt a little bit disappointed. To cheer them up, we have obtained a brand new Android 4.4.2 test firmware – N9005XXUENA6 – for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005).
This is one of the *final* Android 4.4.2 KitKat test builds for the Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005), that means nothing will be included or excluded in future builds of Android 4.4 for the giant phablet, except a few bug fixes and improvements here and there. We expect Samsung to officially start rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy Note 3 in 1/2 weeks, as always the update will begin in phases so it will obviously take months till it reaches all countries and carriers.
The changes are very similar to the Galaxy S4's KitKat update. There are some minor UI changes, status bar icons have been changed from green to all new KitKat white. Performance has significantly been increased with the KitKat update, even unlocking the device is much faster than before, and benchmark scores are just off the charts. There are some improvements to the lockscreen, as well. Samsung has implemented a camera shortcut on the lockscreen and while playing music the album art goes full screen in lockscreen.
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:09:09 +0000
Product Code: OXX
– This test firmware WILL wipe your data. So, back it up!
– You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
– This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
– This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.
– Extract (unzip) the firmware file
– Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
– Extract Odin .ZIP file
– Open Odin3 v3.09
– Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
– Add AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
– Add BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
– Add CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5 to CP
– Add CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
– Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
– Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
– If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
– Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
– Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
– Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!