Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200) starts receiving KitKat update

Firmware
By

Last updated: May 29th, 2014 at 10:27 UTC+02:00

All the leaks and rumors suggested that the Galaxy Mega 6.3 would be getting the KitKat update by June, but it looks Samsung is starting the party early. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is beginning to receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update (build number I9200XXUDNE4) in Russia via Kies, and we’re guessing it will soon start popping up as an over-the-air update as well. As usual, it will be a few weeks before the update begins to reach other regions, though you can always try manually pulling the update from the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu.

Expect to see the standard KitKat features we’ve seen on other Samsung devices that were updated to KitKat, including faster performance, white status bar icons, improved battery life, full-screen album art (which playing music) and a camera shortcut on the lock screen, wireless printing support, ability to set the default messaging and launcher apps, and more.

Interested folks can download the firmware file from our firmware section, though we would suggest against flashing this on a Mega 6.3 outside Russia unless you know what you’re doing.

Firmware Details: