Verizon rolls out nifty software update for the Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note 5
Verizon has just started pushing out a relatively nifty software update for its carrier-branded models of the Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note 5. The upgrade brings compatibility for the Barcode Beaming Service, which improves accuracy when scanning loyalty cards in Samsung Pay. It also transports a couple of other useful features to the handsets, including OnCircle.
The full changelog can be seen below:
- Barcode Beaming Service
- This service beams barcode information to your handset, improving or correcting the recognition response due to varying brightness levels and screen glare.
- Use it on digital coupons, event tickets, library cards, loyalty cards, membership cards, and more.
- Instantly scan your on-device barcodes with ease while using supported apps such as “Samsung Pay”.
- 3 new ways to use Contacts
- Profile sharing: Share profiles and images.
- Simple sharing: Share files of up to 1 GB.
- Event sharing: Share events by inviting your contacts to join them. Your contacts will also be able to add their own images and videos.
- OnCircle is a new addition to People Edge, providing ways for creative communication , with more than just words. Express yourself with doodles, short video clips, emoticons and even touch effects.
- Amazon Widget
- Get quick access to your favorite Amazon apps with just one swipe on the home screen.
As you’d expect, Verizon is distributing this release in stages. If you own Galaxy S6 edge+ or Galaxy Note 5 locked to Big Red and would like to see if the OTA is ready for your device, simply head into Settings, select About Device, tap on the heading entitled Software Update, then hit the Download Updates Manually button.Source