Tizen SDK 2.0 + Screenshots!!!
From today you can download the SDK and source code of Tizen 2.0 Magnolia, both are available from: https://developer.tizen.org/downloads/sdk.
The new version has many new features and improvements over the previous versions Tizen 1.0 Larkspur and Tizen 2.0 Alpha built. Below you’ll find the highlights of this release:
● Enhanced Web framework that provides state-of-the-art HTML5/W3C API support
● Web UI framework, including full-screen and multi-window support
● Additional Tizen device APIs, such as Bluetooth and NFC support, and access to the device’s calendar, call history, and messaging subsystems
● Web Runtime framework supporting new configuration elements for specifying the required features and privileges, and providing the basic runtime environment for NPRuntime plugins
● Native framework supporting full-featured application development and providing a variety of features such as background applications, IP Push, and TTS (Text-To-Speech)
● Core and native reference applications including Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Phone, Settings, and Video Player
● Native IDE providing a project wizard, WYSIWYG design environment, unit test tool, and dynamic analyzer
Here are some screenshots:
Earlier this year we received some information that the UI on the previous version of Tizen was just the reference UI which you won’t see on the final version, we believe that this UI is close to the final version. Besides the information about the UI we also received, contained some information about the first Tizen device of Samsung, which is mostly based on the Galaxy SIII. Its unclear if this means on the design or on the hardware.Join the Discussion