On December the 30th we received a nice email.
As expected, the Galaxy Note will be hitting the stores in America Q1 or Q2.
However, there were no official pictures of this Galaxy Note.
Until now! The Galaxy Note AT&T model (SGH-I717) seems actually quite similar to the Galaxy SII AT&T.
This is not entirely strange, since the European version looks a lot like the SGSII.
However, the Galaxy Note AT&T model has something extra which the european models don’t have.
We are talking about a NFC chip.
If we have to believe the following specificationlist
• 5.29″WXGA Super AMOLED (C-type touch), Full Touch Bar
• Android OS: Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread
• 21M + HSPA, LTE
• 8MP AF with LED flash, 2MP Camera Front
• HD Recording (1080) / MHL ver1.0
• A-GPS, GLONASS / BT v3.0 + HS / USB v2.0 / WiFi (802.11 a / b / g / n) / OTG
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Proximity, Light, Gyro sensor, Barometer
• TouchWiz 4.0 for Android, Multistage, Augmented Reality, Integrated phonebookwith SNS, IM, Email, Face Recognition, etc.
• WiFi calling, Qik
However there was nothing to find in the specificationlist about the processor type.
Remarkably to see is that the Galaxy Note will be shipped with Android 2.3 and not with Android 4.0. But off course it will get Ice Cream Sandwich in time.
Below the product photo of the Galaxy Note + NFC detail.