[Poll Results!] Why are you not buying the Galaxy S9?
The Galaxy S9 has polarized the Samsung faithful. Some rushed to pre-order Galaxy S9 as soon as it was possible while others (Galaxy S8 owners in particular) have been debating the need to spend north of $700 on a device that looks like the one from last year and offers features that may not be used frequently once the novelty wears off.
It was reported yesterday that the Galaxy S9 is proving to be a tough sell for Samsung in its home country of South Korea. Customers aren’t that enthusiastic about the new flagship as it doesn’t bring any major changes and it’s actually the Galaxy A8 (2018) that’s proven to be a hit there as customers appreciate the revamped iteration of Samsung’s premium mid-range device more.
We have seen many comments from our readers as well which suggest that they have decided to not purchase the Galaxy S9 as they can’t justify the cost of a new flagship device merely for camera improvements and features like AR Emoji and Super Slow-motion video. The case is certainly different for customers looking to upgrade from the Galaxy S7 or an earlier device but not for those who already own the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. Samsung has tried to appease those customers by offering generous trade-in values for existing devices but this is limited to select markets only.
If you’re a Galaxy S8 owner or just a Samsung fan that’s not impressed by the new flagship, we’d like to know why you have decided to not buy the Galaxy S9. Is it because the device doesn’t provide enough value for money or would you rather just wait and see what Samsung does for its 10th anniversary Galaxy handset next year? Vote below and let us know your thoughts on the matter in the comments section.
Results: As expected, the majority of those who participated in this poll say that it doesn’t make sense for them to upgrade to the Galaxy S9.
- Doesn't make sense to upgrade from my Galaxy S8 36%, 1667 votes1667 votes 36%1667 votes - 36% of all votes
- I'm happy with my current Samsung phone 22%, 1000 votes1000 votes 22%1000 votes - 22% of all votes
- I'd rather wait until 2019 for the 10th anniversary flagship 20%, 917 votes917 votes 20%917 votes - 20% of all votes
- Too expensive for my taste 17%, 766 votes766 votes 17%766 votes - 17% of all votes
- I have no use for the new software and camera features 5%, 218 votes218 votes 5%218 votes - 5% of all votes