Home / News / [Poll] Are you still interested in buying a tablet, either from Samsung or other OEMs?

Tablet sales have been on the decline for the last couple of years. Samsung managed to stay in the game in second place (behind Apple) with double-digit market share at the end of 2017, but there’s no denying the fact that consumers are showing much less interest in tablets as smartphone displays grow bigger and devices like the Chromebook offer access to full-fledged laptop form factors at affordable prices. While that may be an incentive for manufacturers to stop putting much effort into regular tablets, especially high-end ones, big companies like Samsung and Apple continue to dedicate resources to the segment.

Samsung is continuing to make tablets

To that end, Samsung is working on the Galaxy Tab S4 for a launch later this year, even though it was the only major OEM to see a decline in its tablet market share last year. The Galaxy Tab S4 is guaranteed to come with a Super AMOLED display, which has been the primary draw of the Galaxy Tab S lineup. It remains to be seen whether it’s focused on those who like to read and browse or those who spend more time watching movies and TV shows, but the Tab S4 is on its way for sure, and it has gotten us thinking just how many of our readers are actually interested in using a tablet or in upgrading to a new one when the right upgrade (which, again, the Tab S4 may or may not be, depending on your current device) comes along.

Going by the comments on our articles about the Galaxy Tab S4, people are certainly looking forward to Samsung’s next high-end AMOLED-equipped, S Pen-toting, Dolby Atmos-powered tablet, but we’re sure there are many who would rather just keep the money in their bank instead of spending it on a tablet. Some of you may also be regretting buying a tablet in the past only to see it lying unused at home, so we have set up a poll so you can tell us which camp you fall in.

Well, go ahead and vote in the poll below, then jump to the comments section to expand on your thoughts and get a discussion going.

Are you still interested in buying a tablet, either from Samsung or other OEMs?

Tablets 33

krjal
5 days 6 hours ago
krjal

I’ve been waiting fora true sequel to my Tab S 8.4 since I got it basically. 16:10 ratio is just far more useful to me than the square tablets. Could be because it’s closer to A4 than whatever crazy stuff the US uses?

Anyway, high hopes for the Tab S4 especially if I get a Wacom EMR digitiser in it.

RoadRunner99
3 days 6 hours ago
RoadRunner99

Not really. 4:3 is closer to A4 than 16:10 is. Just do the math.

radar320
7 days 14 hours ago
radar320

I have the T827V which hasn’t been updated security or otherwise since February. Why should I buy another tablet that will be forgotten about.

DeviceManager
8 days 21 hours ago
DeviceManager

And Dolby Sounds Fantastic with those 4 speakers on the Tab S3 🙂

DeviceManager
8 days 21 hours ago
DeviceManager

I own a SM-T820 Tab S3 and oh what did OREO made a HUGE difference, No more lag! I have gotten alot happier with my Tab S3 since Oreo, less then 24 hrs ago… Now just need to wait for a new TWRP and Root Method and im good!

dcap
9 days 9 hours ago
dcap

i use my tablet to fly my dji phantom 4 pro. with the limited selection of tablets out there with bright screens, all manufacturers are missing a great opportunity to profit off this. samsung has either a very low end model (tab a 2016,2017) or the tab s line that is over priced and the screen brightness is meh. thats why i bought a lenovo with 3 gigs ram and decent snapdragon 625 for $130 till something better comes along.

locarno
9 days 3 hours ago
locarno

You have expensive drone, and don’t have money for buy Samsung hardware. I like high prices from Samsung devices. Then I can feel prestigious.

obsydian
9 days 11 hours ago
obsydian

Samsung has lost its way again £600 for an S3 with dated o/s, versus a new iPad at £350.
Frustrating i have all Samsung hardware.
I thought the talk was Google are also heading out of tablets, so Apple wiill clean up.

MStuart
9 days 11 hours ago
MStuart

Would you really like a Samsung tablet with 32 GB of non expandable storage, 2gbs of RAM and pencil sold separately for an additional £100? Because that’s what Apple giving you for £350

superg05
9 days 13 hours ago
superg05

only in the following configuration windows 10 minimum processor type core i3, core i5, core i7

florox
9 days 13 hours ago
florox
florox
9 days 13 hours ago
florox
funny how everybody finds tablets obsolete but no one put resources to really evolve them… Technology was never required by people first and then delivered by OEM, it was the other way around… Thinking about tablets, they never keep up with the phones or PCs, in any of the important aspects, specs, OS capability, design, and so on. I mean the tablets are almost always launched with last year processor (and this is in flagship cases), the maximum RAM stays with 4GB since forever, the capable OS to take advantage from the big screen, better productivity & (more) RAM was… Read more »
VIRGIN KLM
9 days 14 hours ago
VIRGIN KLM

My only problem is that as of recently Android tablets are not priced competitively. It feels like Apple has won all types of costumers, something that I would never believe that I would say.

MStuart
9 days 12 hours ago
MStuart

The iPad is only priced competitively if you’re happy with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage in 2018.

VIRGIN KLM
8 days 14 hours ago
VIRGIN KLM

Well I am, and I can guarantee you I’m not alone.

MStuart
8 days 12 hours ago
MStuart

Good luck with future iOS updates. Apple know what they’re doing.

Crazy Johnny
9 days 19 hours ago
Crazy Johnny
I would love another 8″ Note tablet. We haven’t seen 1 since 2013. For the most part, I just use my Note 8 phone or my 17″ laptop. A 10″ tablet seems a little big to hold, when I could just have a larger screen with a real keyboard sitting in my lap. But, an 8″ tablet would be just the right size handheld device to make me want to put my phone down for a while. Since that’ll probably never happen, I’ll just stick with the phone/laptop combo. Like others have mentioned, this poll doesn’t have an option that… Read more »
Crazy Johnny
9 days 18 hours ago
Crazy Johnny

2013. I’ve been holding out for a new, true Note tablet, but I realize it will never come. So, I’ll probably buy the Tab S4 “with S-pen” the day it’s released. It’ll be nice to have an updated tablet.

MStuart
9 days 22 hours ago
MStuart

I won’t upgrade if it turns out to be 16:10. Wide-screen is the wrong aspect ratio for tablets.

sukrith2194
9 days 22 hours ago
sukrith2194

I just bought one for me grandparents yesterday! It’s a cheap Alcatel one. I actually would like to have a productivity focused laptop. I hate carrying around my old one!

n900mixalot
9 days 22 hours ago
n900mixalot

These poll options are no good.

Mine: “Yes, I am interested in a Windows 10 tablet from Samsung.”

Crazy Johnny
9 days 18 hours ago
Crazy Johnny

Windows Galaxy Books are already available.

9 days 23 hours ago
wordsley

Hopefully this time Samsung won’t screw up they only want a 16 by 10 aspect ratio. No more of this 4 by 3 rubbish… hopefully this time with better speakers. the Tab S3 add terrible speakers

9 days 23 hours ago
RXP

After just watching X men apocyplse in HDR from my 4k Blu-ray on the Samsung book 12 I’m really looking forward to an even higher resolution Android version.

The OLEDs are spectacular

o0MHJ0o
9 days 10 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

But its not though, HDR isn’t compatible with the Samsung OLED panel, if you go into display settings you’ll see that HDR is greyed out and not available. Contacted Samsung repeatedly and they wont tell me why HDR is not available.

9 days 9 hours ago
RXP

I just played back a 50gb movie on my book 12 before writing that reply.

Latest Windows update enabled HDR. Check the thread over at the Samsung support forums. It works perfectly and Windows even has a HDR slider so you can control the highlight retention.

fcaroll
9 days 23 hours ago
fcaroll

If it offers a good pen (that only high priced laptops offer) I’m definitely interested in a tablet like Tab S3 (I think S4 will cost too much to me)

nenovs
10 days 1 hour ago
nenovs

I don’t think the tablets will have to be very important for Samsung because of the large screen sizes of the smartphones and their couples of features. On the other side, it’s not the best idea Samsung to abandon the taplets producing as I think it’s pretty good gadget for gaming or watching a films, for example…

MarkMcCoskey
10 days 1 hour ago
MarkMcCoskey

Thinking of trying out the Chrome tablet of Acer’s.

MajinZERO
10 days 2 hours ago
MajinZERO

I’m not going to buy them Tab S4 because I have them Tab S3 here… I use mine for drawing since the S-Pen is amazing.