Exclusive: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 confirmed with 4GB RAM

After reporting some exclusive information about the screen, design, and the processor of the Galaxy Note 5, we have been able to source information about its memory and some other things.

We have received confirmation from our reliable insiders that the Galaxy Note 5 will feature 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM. The Exynos 7422 SoC, that will debut with the Galaxy Note 5, will be the company’s first true single-chip solution (ePOP) combining an octa-core 64-bit CPU, GPU, RAM, storage, and the Shannon 333 LTE modem in the same package.

Going by the previous reports, the Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920) will feature a 5.67-inch Super AMOLED QHD display and an S Pen. Just like the Galaxy S6, the upcoming flagship product from the South Korean smartphone giant will feature a glass back and support for wireless charging. The wireless charging solution in the Note 5 will be compatible with WPC and PMA standards. The device will be offered in four colors; black, gold, silver, and white.

The Galaxy Note 5 was originally planned to be launched at IFA 2015, but rumours have started pouring in stating a possible early launch, possibly during mid-August. It is being speculated that this early launch is due to below par sales of the Galaxy S6 duo, and that the company wants to fend off competition from the upcoming iPhones.

Phones 31

martindale
10 months 11 days ago

I can only think of one material worse than metal for a phone’s structure, and that would be glass. Given that the odds are that Samsung will choose or other for the Note 5, I took the chance to get the Note 4 whilst prices have already been depressed by Note5 fever, before they bounce back when people realise the shattering glass truth!

andres ross
10 months 11 days ago

Samsung is now rolling out the much-anticipated Lollipop update to all models of the Galaxy S6 located in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Sweden and Norway. As for as addedfunctionality goes, this upgrade transports the latest build of the Android operating system to the handset, in addition to a truckload of bug fixes and stability improvements.

All the changes you’d expect to find in the Lollipop software are bundled into this upgrade, including support for multiple accounts, improved notifications, stronger 256-bit encryption, a smoother multitasking experience and the recently-announced Material Design guidelines.

As usual, the upgrade is being rolled out in stages, but if you don’t feel like waiting for a notification confirming that it’s ready for your device to hit your unit, you could always search for the update manually. ANYBODY HEAR ABOUT THIS??????

preime101
10 months 11 days ago

A glass back and nonremovable battery means I won’t be trading in my note 3 for the note 5 :( some i was really looking forward to getting an upgrade. Maybe I’ll go with the note 4…

kloony11
10 months 11 days ago

Can’t wait, but I can’t help wondering if this all in one chip solution will prove to be reliable over time…

Ahmedivx
10 months 12 days ago

I’m not sure if this happened with anyone else, after updating my s6 edge to 5.1.1, i got some lags here and there while using the phone, i didn’t get these lags at all on 5.0.2 and yes I did a full factory reset/ data wipe out

ATrain40
10 months 12 days ago

I dunno about alot of the folks here but what I like about removeable batteries and SD cards is the convenience for modding, traveling and heavy usage. I often have multiple third-party recovery backups (TWRP) on my SD card for different ROMs and without the ability to store these backups on a removeable card, my device is going to fill up extremely quickly (most backups are AT LEAST several gigs in size). Also, if you’ve never had the convenience of popping in a fresh 100% charged battery in less than 15 seconds after the other one is nearly dead, you may not miss it but NOTHING can replace this convenience for power users (no add-on battery pack, quick charge or whatever will make up for this). The writing is on the wall here in terms of Samsung wanting to parity the production similarities of Apple, they feel this will give them a slice of that portion of the population. However, companies often times don’t have the ability to stand back and honestly evaluate their reason for success. I have a Note 3 and selected it specifically for these abilities. Should they no longer continue, many like myself will move on to the next device that does. I hear nothing but great things about the LG G4. If they develop a stylus in their next device and some added multi-function widgets and note taking tools to their ROM, they’ll capture a majority of the power user base that bought Samsung Note series phones for those same freedoms (don’t think for a second they aren’t having high level discussions about this and won’t capitalize on that). I’m sure they’ll be watching how this plays out….

Gaston95
10 months 11 days ago

You right, I see samsung breaking its face if it keeps removing things that users got used to.

kennonk
10 months 12 days ago

Gah, I liked the rumors that had the Snapdragon 810 as the chipset because then I wasn’t tempted to buy one. But now that it will be the newest Exynos I am really bummed. My S6 is only 3 months old dammit! ;-)

Tondern
10 months 11 days ago

You already have a fantastic Exynos in the S6, be happy!

gyrex
10 months 12 days ago

How does this work with a 32 bit o/s like android? A 32 bit o/s can only address 3gb of RAM…

phate89

Lollipop is 64 bit

gyrex
10 months 12 days ago

I wasn’t aware until now, thanks.

q8peace
10 months 12 days ago

yes i think note 5 will have 4 gigs as the cpu fully support 64 bit and it must have to be diffrent than note 4 or s6 / also s7 will have 4 gigs ram

Channel42x
10 months 12 days ago

This phone is gonna make me save €749, because based on the rumours, I don’t want it. Not excited for it, nothing…

Isn’t there really gonna be any phone this year that’s gonna push me over to really want it?! Not one single phone this year has impressed me yet. And seems like we’re gonna continue to not like anything.

So… To Shamesung, please take a look at the NOTE 4, and make one like that, but better.

SamMobile1811
10 months 12 days ago

4GB RAM is Actually Obvious for Note 5.. it’s 2015-16 Flagship !! Other than obvisous flagship configs, I’m hoping for a 21MP rear Shooter with 4K@60fps :D

q8peace

me too 4 gigs will take fully advantages of the cpu

yoosufmuneer
10 months 12 days ago

16MP is enough. More megapixels on a same size sensor= Worse Low Light performance.
All I want is 16MP 1.1″ Sensor,f/1.9 Aperture and Improved OIS and 4K @60 fps and smooth slow mo @120 fps.

q8peace

its not problem get a phone with 21 mp and downgrade it to 16 mp in camera menu

phate89
10 months 12 days ago

That’s not the same thing. The pixels are still the same size. Doesn’t matter if you scale it down..

fullbazak

I Like Samsung Mobile
I have Galaxy Note 4

please company Samsung make mobile smartphone:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 OLED
Curved body and display 8k ,3D

Samsung Galaxy
Note 5 OLED : OLED,(fully aluminium) and

a 68 megapixel camera and Secondary 24MP with 8K and D3

( for image quality and dynamic range. An all-new FX-format full-frame image sensor design—low-pass filter processing for flawless detail retention from snow white to pitch black, beautiful noise-free images from , an extremely wide dynamic range, flattering well-saturated skin tones and much more….. A deeper grip ensures stable handling, even for small hands. A brighter viewfinder offers ~100% frame coverage, 0.001x magnification and high contrast organic EL information display for easier visibility. The scratch- and shock-resistant. Its color can be calibrated to match an external monitor, and a new split-screen feature lets you monitor two different points of a scene side-by-side to ensure proper leveling or focus.
with magnesium alloy, stringently tested weather and dust sealing, a shutter that’s been tested to DIGIC 6+ Image Processors help deliver high quality image capture at up to 120 fps (140 fps in Super High Speed Mode) and a powerful ISO range of 100–98576 (up to 889800 in H2 mode) helps provide sharp, low-noise images even in dim low-light conditions. A 68-Point High-Density Reticular AF and 1000,000-pixel RGB Metering Sensor that uses a dedicated DIGIC 5 Image Processor help make the reach new levels of focus speed and accuracy delivering advanced tracking even for the most challenging shooting situations. Taken all together, numerous connectivity options, combination of processing power and durable construction, including shutter durability tested to 800,000 cycles,, longer battery life, and advanced in-camera editing like NEF (RAW) processing, distortion control, image overlay and more, makes the as reliable on the road as it is in the studio.
Capture the moment in just 0.005 seconds. )

Fingerprint sensor (PayPal certified)

Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)

SIM Nano-SIM

Dimensions : 160 x 82 x 5.5 mm

Size : 6.0 inches (~60 % screen-to-body ratio)

Network: 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G

Resolutio: 7680×4320 pixels (~2000 ppi pixel density)8K UHD screen

48M colors,

Corning Gorilla Glass 5 ( shatterproof )

Internal : 2 TB storage, 16 GB RAM DDR4

Card slot microSD, up to 4 TB

Sensors : Accelerometer,3D,UV, heart rate, SpO2
gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity, gesture

MIL-STD-810G certified – salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant

High sensitivity and artificial intelligence.

Curved
body and display

Best Design

Curved
OLED capacitive touchscreen

Anti-shock and anti-scratch

Blood tests

Glucose sensor

Pressure sensor

EEG sensor

EKG sensor

Vibrating massage

Heart rate sensor

Ultrasound sensor

High sensitivity and artificial intelligence

3D

Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic 4

2 ANT+ support

fast Wireless charging (Qi/PMA) – market dependent

heat hand away sensor

video camera: fullHD , 2K, 4K ، 8k

flash: 2 dual LED

OS : Android 6.0 (Fast and lightweight)
(Very low battery consumption )

Chipset : Exynos 9933-chip (16-core)

CPU : Quad-core 3.8 GHz Cortex-A86 Quad-core 4.9 GHz Cortex-A89

GPU : Mali-T3000

16-core CPUs

Mobile smartphone: (Not Hot)

Colors : Black, White, Pink,Blue Gold Platinum, Green Emerald

BATTERY : 68000 mAH battery better performance.

cantanci

i cried laughing

xhustler
10 months 12 days ago

@FULLBAZAK – I love ur vision. Really like where ur head is at :)

q8peace
10 months 12 days ago

fullbazak spam comment should be ban

MatheusARodrigues
10 months 12 days ago

Fullbazak: are you retarded?

xhustler
10 months 12 days ago

Dumb ass comment if u ask me. That’s Fullbazak’s dream phone setup.

On the same note, wouldn’t u snag a device with the above specs if it ever saw the light of day? (That’s if it didn’t cost an arm, leg, kidney, lung – throw in a heart just for fun)

q8peace
10 months 12 days ago

spam comment nonsense at all

isroisro
10 months 12 days ago

Hahahahahhaahahahahaha He is right :)) Samsung keeps pumping up numbers and yet has lag and issues like it always had lol lame

SamMobile1811

this guy is damn High .. you dope

MStuart
10 months 12 days ago

If Samsung doesn’t fix their software problems with multitasking, they might as well include 64GB of RAM and it wouldn’t make a difference.

S6 users are still waiting…

yoosufmuneer
10 months 12 days ago

I guess it is fixed. I watched a speed test and a review the other day I am sure it is fixed.

andres ross
10 months 12 days ago

What test u talking about?????