[Update: Iris scanner too!] Samsung Galaxy Note7 confirmed by another report

Multiple reports stated that Samsung might skip a numeral to release the Galaxy Note 7 later this year, and it also being reported that there will be no flat screen variant of the device. Now, a new image has surfaced that pretty much confirms the name of the next flagship smartphone from Samsung.

A new tweet from serial leaker Evan Blass (@evleaks) consists of what could be an official logo of the Galaxy Note 7. It is possible that the South Korean smartphone giant might release only the curved screen variant of the Galaxy Note 7. It is expected to feature a 5.8-inch curved QHD Super AMOLED display, a 12-megapixel primary camera with new features, a 5-megapixel secondary camera, 6GB RAM, a microSD card slot, and a 4000 mAh battery.

The Galaxy Note 7 could also come with an iris scanner, IP68-certified body for water- and dust-resistance, and a BlackBerry Hub-like Samsung Focus app for enhanced productivity. Samsung is expected to launch the next Galaxy Note smartphone on August 2, 2016, as per a leaked image.

Update: Evan Blass has also confirmed through a separate tweet that the Galaxy Note 7 would feature an iris scanner.

Source 1 Source 2

Phones 11

stondec
1 year 1 month ago
stondec

I hope it has an IR blaster.

ijazali
1 year 1 month ago
ijazali

someone please tell me, should I buy s7 edge or wait for note 7 edge

madennique
1 year 1 month ago
madennique

Since I wright a lot of notes I use the Note 7. I’ve only owned on S series Samsung smartphone then switched over to the Note series and never looked back. Multitasking is brilliant as well. I personally believe you will love the Note series.

colliderz
1 year 1 month ago
colliderz

This site is useless if Samsung doesn’t follow/listen to its die-hard users here. I dunno what has happened to Samsung recently as they are NOT listening to their fans at all.

Hoggington
1 year 1 month ago
Hoggington

Very disappointed there will be no flat version.

Edge displays are an absolute gimmick. Owned the S7e for 2 weeks and the glare, warped text & images and razor thin edges drove me crazy. Switched to the Note 5.

Samsung is going to realize this time around, that the vast majority of people who purchased the S7 edge, will not be buying another edge display….and word is spreading quickly how much of a gimmick it is.

I know 3 people who returned the S7e. Sales figures aren’t nearly as good as Samsung thinks…. me thinks 😉

rzlybb
1 year 1 month ago
rzlybb

Don’t like edge thing, only if…

IR
Flat variant
Water and dust res
SD Card

Or I’ll get my money somewhere else.

Prepguy71
1 year 1 month ago
Prepguy71

Yeah, you go get your money somewhere else.

hot_spare
1 year 1 month ago
hot_spare

Try finding another phone which has IR, IP68, SD card and a Pen. Good luck!

Issyman
1 year 1 month ago
Issyman

Love the specs. However, still a little disappointed in the edge variant only. Still, only edge variant might be OK, will have to wait until release of Note 7.

Thuglyf
1 year 1 month ago
Thuglyf

I still can’t understand why people dislike the edge variant. You still can do on it what you can do on the flat variant. You can scribble and take notes without the edges being any obstacle. You can also ignore the edge features if you don’t like them.

420smoke
1 year 1 month ago
420smoke

I agree I tried the s7 edge and gave it right back after a week it just doesn’t sit in the hand for well

wpDiscuz