Samsung to unveil the Galaxy Note 7 or Note 7 edge on August 2, 2016

Home / News / Samsung to unveil the Galaxy Note 7 or Note 7 edge on August 2, 2016

We’ve seen quite a few rumors about the upcoming device in the Galaxy Note lineup including the one which suggested that it would be the Galaxy Note 7. Now, we’ve received information suggesting that the Galaxy Note 7 with a curved edge screen would be unveiled at the next Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event.

According to an image that we’ve received, Samsung might unveil either the Galaxy Note7 or Galaxy Note7 edge on August 2, 2016, at the Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center in New York. As you can see in the image, five curved lines might be pointing towards ‘7’ the Galaxy Note7’s name and “The next edge is just around the corner” phrase suggests that it could be the Galaxy Note7 edge. This would bring its numbering in sync with the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge.

We expect that only one Galaxy Note handset will be unveiled by Samsung this August. The upcoming flagship is rumored to feature a 5.8-inch QHD curved edge display, a Snapdragon 823 SoC or an equivalent Exynos chipset, an iris scanner, IP68-certified water-resistant body, a USB Type-C port, and a 4,000 mAh battery. We also exclusively reported that the Galaxy Note 7 would come with a BlackBerry Hub-like Samsung Focus app for enhanced productivity.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Edge August 2 Announcement SamMobile

Thanks for the tip, Jehezkiel E.!

Phones 43

hengkimleng
1 year 2 months ago
hengkimleng

No IR blaster on Note 7 . So I just stick on Note 4.

Reshock
1 year 3 months ago
Reshock
No matter what, the list of removed features and increased fragile nature of the newer Notes exceed the value of the wonderful sounding Samsung Pay. The utility and on the go convenience of instant 100% battery. The fact that my phone would be destroyed in a short time with out a proper case renders aesthetic improvements pointless. A swappable battery is very important to me. Perhaps that could be the next improvement that is added back to the Note. I would love to be able to call another Note great instead of very good but No Sale! And Yes I… Read more »
Vuk995
1 year 3 months ago
Vuk995

If I can say sometging about this.. i think there will be both non-edge and edge variant in my opinion. If you toss a better look at the photo, obviously it is about number 7, but looking further, you can see that there are several lines, and there are few lines with “one corner” that could be edge on the back panel as note 5 and s7 have, and there is one line with “two curves” similar too s7 edge front and back edge..
Is this little bit too much, or there could be some true?

amirsammobile
1 year 3 months ago
amirsammobile

i think there is a mistake in heading, Samsung is going to launch “Note 6” not “Note 7” !!

cseifer
1 year 2 months ago
cseifer

No Samsung skipped the “Note 6” and is releasing the NOTE 7

RedShadow12
RedShadow12

Hey samsung are you going to fix the audio speakers cause the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge speakers are terrible.

aroutis
Why would I believe that an 800+ USD device is doomed,if it misses, (lo and behold) of all things, AN IR fookin blaster? Seriously people , all of you that are yelling about the IR blaster, mean to tell me that you are going to your homes, and although you have your tv remote, you do not use it, because you use say, Galaxy Note 4 instead? Seriously now? For all I care , I don’t give a rat’s ass for this IR blaster, there are far more serious things to consider on a smartphone of the caliber of the… Read more »
cseifer
1 year 2 months ago
cseifer

Yes I use the “IR Blaster” daily on my phone for multiple devices at home and at work. No IR Blaster than no Note 7 for me. I will end up buying an LG G5 or newer phone with the IR Blaster in the next few months when I am ready to update my Galaxy S6.

hengkimleng
1 year 2 months ago
hengkimleng

Me too. S let Note 7 go to the hell.

hengkimleng
1 year 2 months ago
hengkimleng

Me too.

enigmaco
1 year 3 months ago
enigmaco

Actually I use the IR blaster for the conference rooms at my work, so its a great tool and it comes in handy.

shanda5303
shanda5303

Finally! Someone posted exactly what I was thinking….I really don’t get the obsession with the IR blaster. I’ve even read on XDA that some people are buying converters for the Note 5 so it has a IR blaster……seriously people?!?

Vibgyoar
Vibgyoar

You might not use the IR, but I don’t see why it would be difficult to understand that a fair proportion of Note users who exploited the features of their device more fully than you did will of course lament the passing of those features.

EugeneOnTheEdge
EugeneOnTheEdge

That’s weird that Samsung’s doing it again in Alice Tully Hall.. May be true, but looks like there’s something going on..

ezzezzat
ezzezzat

v good site

@home
@home

Enough of this edge stuff. Just make a flat screen & put in an sd card in & an exynos & you’ve cracked it.

George0311
George0311

There was a rumor that the note 7 would plug into a laptop and power it. Does this graphic not show that? (The right side of the curved lines looks like a laptop). Also the graphic near ‘Galaxy Unpacked 2016’ looks like a laptop to me!
Is it just me or did everyone miss that?

EugeneOnTheEdge
EugeneOnTheEdge

That logo’s been a while since the S5 or S6. It’s the ‘unpacked’ logo. I dont think theres something special behind it..

stondec
stondec

The absence of the IR blaster is the main reason I did not get the Note 5.

cseifer
1 year 2 months ago
cseifer

This is why I didn’t buy a Galaxy S7 and stayed with my Galaxy S6. I wlll end up buying a LG G5 or newer with IR Blaster if the note 7 doesn’t have it.

hengkimleng
1 year 2 months ago
hengkimleng

No IR blaster on Note 7, Let it Note 7 go the hell.

superg05
superg05

same

sjahanmi
sjahanmi

id prefer samsung use its own Exynos instead of snapdragon

baconman4321
baconman4321

How they make it waterproof with a s pen?

cseifer
1 year 2 months ago
cseifer

just sealed the entire S pen compartment

EugeneOnTheEdge
EugeneOnTheEdge

If they could make the S7/edge water resistant, why cant they make the S Pen IP68?? They tackled the hard, why cant they tackle the easy one?? #Logic

Puriak
Puriak

The Next Edge is NOTHING without IR Blaster.
the next edge will be my next phone if they bring back this must have feature!!

cseifer
1 year 2 months ago
cseifer

I use it all the time (63%, 4,114 Votes)
I’ve used it maybe once or twice (27%, 1,738 Votes)
Nope, don’t think it’s a useful feature (10%, 658 Votes)

I BEG TO DIFFER DUE TO POLL RESULTS.

Ogishi
Ogishi

Easy man. IR is not a must for most people and I’m sure you will still enjoy your new galaxy without it.

thanhxvo
thanhxvo

I agree that ir blaster is personally a must have for me. But I wouldn’t go as far as saying it is nothing without it. Doesn’t seem to be a popular feature though but I love it.

wpDiscuz