Home / News / [Poll Results!] Do rumors about Samsung only releasing an edge version of the Galaxy S8 surprise you?

It’s increasingly being rumored these days that Samsung is only going to release an edge version of the Galaxy S8 next year. One might say that this is inevitable given that both the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S7 saw the edge version outsell its flat counterpart by a significant margin. There were rumors this year that Samsung will launch a flat and edge version of the Galaxy Note 7 but it only came out with one which has a dual-edge curved display even though it’s not called “Galaxy Note 7 edge.” So the signs are there and this might very well be the case with the Galaxy S8. Samsung may drop the “edge” moniker completely and only offer one version of the Galaxy S8 that has a curved display. So, are you surprised? Vote below and let us know what you think about this in the comments below.

Poll results: 50 percent of all voters believe that the inevitable is going to happen next year as Samsung will only release the edge model of the Galaxy S8 while 37 percent believe that Samsung should stick with the combination of flat and edge versions for its next flagship smartphone.

• No. I think the inevitable will finally happen next year (50%, 1,082 Votes)
  • Yes! I think it should keep the combination of flat and edge versions (37%, 803 Votes)
  • Doesn't matter as my decision to buy it won't depend on whether the display is curved or not (13%, 271 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,156

Loading ... Loading ...

Polls 23

Samsung Observer
1 year 12 days ago
Samsung Observer

I prefer the non-edge, flat screen.

iMember
iMember

I do hope so! I wish three models 5″ 5.5″ 5.7″ and an S-Pen on all of them!

Design: the look of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the feel of Galaxy Note7

Camera: Quad image sensor instead of Dual Lenses

RAM: 8 GB and skip the 6 GB because 8 sounds better than 6, also than Galaxy S9, 6 GB LPDDR5 just sounds awful or if 8 GB its to much? than 4 GB LPDRR5, in case you don’t know more RAM with the same tech doesn’t improve your performance

I went little bit off topic xD!

S6Edge
S6Edge

Hey, exactly what I want too!!! Samsung also got to start improving its single core and multi core, and make their flagships really really fast.

AHS1321
AHS1321

I don’t really mind to be honest. I am just gonna get the Note because I like the idea of the pen and small improvements from the S. If there are 2 variants, just get the Edge, it’s worth the extra money tbh.

superg05
superg05

this isn’t a question they said foldable delayed they where thinking of going edge only

Khlad
Khlad

I hope they do not drop the name “edge” even if the S8 only comes in 1 curved variant. The “edge” is now a good marketing and brand name for Samsung.

HFL087
HFL087

Got S7 Edge. and not supriseing at all. users need to stop buy normal verison only edge!! and if you see “update screen” logo on all new devices it’s S7 Edge 🙂 it’s there fav device.

Jon C
Jon C

I have a UK sim-free S7 Edge and I’m still trying to work out why I bought the edge version. I haven’t found a use for the edge part of the screen yet. Ideas?

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

Loads, especially if you have contacts with edge devices, OnCircle is fun. Tools is useful especially the torch. Edge lighting works with every contact and not just the 5 you choose. And what some people don’t know is that apps edge can hold folders, so you can essentially have your whole app drawer in the side menu to access anytime and switch between apps quicker than anything else! Lol

iMember
iMember

Bigger display in a smaller factor, gorgeous design and futuristic that makes other smartphones look obsolete and unlike S7 it takes full
advantage OLED features

unknowndreams
unknowndreams

Bigger battery + screen ?

MStuart
MStuart

Mission an option: no, it doesn’t surprise, but I still think it’s a shitty decision.

You guys really are milking this flat vs non-flat thing 🙂

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

Said this at the release of the S6 edge. I knew by the S8 there would only be a curved version because it looks and feels amazing.

Amarganth
Amarganth

Couldn’t care less. Unless they make a phone I can shave myself with or an x86 system with desktop windows I don’t see what even a galaxy S40 will be able to do what my Note 4 can’t. Edge or no edge, not buying.

S6Edge
S6Edge

I love the Edge version, only if it has 5.5″ screen just like the S7 edge I’m using right now, and not 5.1″ like the S6 Edge (irony bcz of my username, but yeah, lol).

LeifS
LeifS

It’s probably the best unique design element they had in the last years and probably one of the best and most remarkable ones we saw on the market in the last years of new smartphones. It would be stupid to not make use of that and use it for brand recognition and to differentiate from others.

sanayp
sanayp

Samsung just pisses me of these days

superg05
superg05

lol we know

insanejojo
insanejojo

its better they launch just 1`phone, they have so many variants and they cant keep up with the updates… useless…

wpDiscuz
Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! X