Galaxy Gear just became more awesome: now shows full notifications for every app

A few days ago, we told you about the ATN Manager app developed by an XDA developer, which enabled viewing the full content of a particular notification on the Galaxy Gear for almost any app. Well, you won’t be needing ATN Manager anymore, as an update to the Gear Manager app has brought official support for viewing just about every notification on the smartwatch in full detail.

The Gear Manager update will work in tandem with a software update that is rolling out for the Gear today (build V700XXUAMK7, you’ll need to wait for this update before you can use the new notification functionality), and will now let you select which app sends a notification to the watch. From standard texts and emails to notifications for your note-taking app or Twitter app, you can now enable or disable each individually from showing up on the watch (with the option to press a button to view the particular notification on your phone), and view a list of all notifications from a dedicated notification center.

gear-update-1

20131115_175653 20131115_175622 20131115_175542

The Galaxy Gear has been criticized for not offering too many features or functions, but it’s clear Samsung is working hard and fast to make it better, and the latest update is an awesome one that every Gear use will welcome with open arms. The Gear Manager update should be available for you on the Samsung Apps store, so go ahead, update and take your Galaxy Gear one step closer to being that smartwatch we had hoped it would be from the start.

gear-update-2

Watches 16

Andrewtst
1 year 9 months ago

For those that said not working.

Make sure you update to latest firmware for GEAR and also latest version of GEAR Manager for phone.

Make sure you at:

GEAR Firmware: V700XXUAMK7
Phone GEAR Manager: 1.5.111304

steph050

reivee86
1 year 8 months ago

I don´t think the update has come out yet for some U.S. customers…. I live in L.A. and I still have not received it. People who keep saying that you need to update the firmware are retarded – it is just not available yet…

btw here is my review on the gear: 9/10 – i love it, the ability to take voice memos, and record video to remember important things or photos is essential for me – and is the reason why I gave up on the SONY SW2… Also WHY IS THERE NO CALCULATOR – YOU CAN PUT A DIALER BUT YOU CAN´T FIT A CALCULATOR???? UPDATEEEEEE

Zach32
1 year 9 months ago

Got the update yesterday and nothing has changed. Updated the watch firmware and gear manager

Andrewtst
1 year 9 months ago

Working perfectly after update both the GEAR firmware + Phone GEAR Manager. ;)

secretagogue
1 year 9 months ago

I’m from Indonesia. I just updated but there is only minor changes but improved notification, no “more notifications” option and it still behaving like older version.
I updated my galaxy gear manager app via samsung apps

j2001m
1 year 9 months ago

Update the firmware or it will not work

secretagogue
1 year 9 months ago

true .. mine is V700XXUAMII. Maybe the latest firmware hasn’t been rolled out for indonesian region. can i flash my gear with other region MK7 firmware using PC odin ?

Andrewtst
1 year 9 months ago

Yes, you can. I doing that for my Malaysia GEAR.

Now it work perfect. ;)

SweetBear76
1 year 9 months ago

What is wrong with you guys, they said, install both the new app and the new firmware V700XXUAMK7, i did and now my Gear is awesome :)

steph050
1 year 9 months ago

Hello sorry but i do not know how to proceed to update my gearwatch with new firmware?? Step by step if possible I am Learning. Thank you in advance.

TONIGALAXYS3

yo tampoco veo la funcion MORE NOTIFICATIONS? actualizacion España hoy

sguyx
1 year 9 months ago

If only samsung gives us update for Note 10.1 !!! Samsung makes updates for phones like S3, S4 etc. but not for tablet size phones!? WTF!? really? Samsung looses all of us to Sony (Sony Smartwatch 2). And finally Samsung will loose all of us as a customer. What about a new device instead of giving us an update? Maybe ten differend kind of devides? Samsung… You will loose all your customers!

Can Samsung make anything else than new models?

hot_spare

English plz..

Write something people can understand.

SMH!

chowdarygm
1 year 9 months ago

I don’t see more notifications in my Gear Manager, Devices are from Germany and updated with today’s update :(

sayed1997
1 year 9 months ago

i agree with u … me too i can not see any different ..whatsapp still not supported