Check out Android 8.0 Oreo screenshots from the Galaxy Note 8

Home / News / Check out Android 8.0 Oreo screenshots from the Galaxy Note 8

While the official Oreo beta program from Samsung only targeted the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, a test build for the Galaxy Note 8 had also leaked around a month ago. Since then, quite a few Oreo builds for the Note 8 have surfaced (mainly for the Snapdragon variant), and the latest ones are release candidate builds (with the February security patch included), which means they are stable enough to be released to the public unless Samsung discovers serious bugs down the line.

Galaxy Note 8 Oreo screenshots

The Note 8 will get the Samsung Experience 9.0 UX like the Galaxy S8 and S8+, but since most of us haven’t had the chance to try out Oreo on our Note 8s, we’ve put together a few screenshots of the new software for your viewing pleasure. Naturally, Oreo on the Note 8 isn’t any different from what we’ve seen on the S8 (the S Pen functionality remains the sole differentiation). The list of new features is common for both flagships, and you can take a look at our coverage of those features in our What’s New With Android 8.0 Oreo series.

Of course, it remains to be seen when the Galaxy Note 8 will receive the official Android 8.0 Oreo update. It shouldn’t take too long after the update hits the Galaxy S8 and S8+; sadly, we’re still waiting for Samsung to release Oreo for the S8 duo. For consumers in some markets, that wait could extend until the end of February.

We’d like to give XDA forum member TJ Connor a shout-out for providing us these screenshots, which you can check out below.

Firmware news 20

trungnguyen10192
6 days 13 hours ago
trungnguyen10192

After updating operating system oreon 8.0! My phone is turned off automatically when power off screen and not access some privileged applications like Samsung health …! Looking forward to timely support

ROBSONMEG
19 days 14 hours ago
ROBSONMEG

I installed o2uk oreo from here on sammobile and now I am. Unable to use sur health and Samsung pay. So health thinks my phone is rooted when it never has been. And Samsung pay just wont load does anyone else experience this

Vuk995
2 months 15 days ago
Vuk995

Bixby briefing in the clock app is already implemented with latest clock app update, i have noote 8 with 7.1 and do have that 🙂

sotudah320
2 months 15 days ago
sotudah320

What time does Android 8 come for note 8??????????????.

DeviceManager
DeviceManager

Thanks for using my screenshoys, glad i could help…You know how to get a hold of me 🙂

Faisal34mfc

My Question Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Oreo features Bixby naturally vice command may be getting or not getting please answer?

Osensnolf
Osensnolf

This is what I want to see… If the S-Pen is ejected and I start a new Note, default to S-Pen entry – not keyboard entry.

JSH1973
2 months 15 days ago
JSH1973

you can already do that

nkolsen
nkolsen

Still on December security patch….I don’t give a shit about Oreo, which I won’t get before after S9 launch…

everinm
everinm

I been with Samsung Since the Galaxy Nexus, but I am tired of always being behind on Software updates!
I am on the Note 8, my wife on the Google Pixel 2 XL, this year I may go to the Pixel 3 XL when it gets released.

Peschiera
Peschiera

If your wife really has Pixel with Oreo and you have Note 8, then you should definitely know that Pixels Oreo has much less features than your “outdated” Android version!

samsunggalaxy82
2 months 15 days ago
samsunggalaxy82
Pixels Oreo has much less features than your “outdated” Android version – really ? Android 8.0 is better than android 7.0 – any day. Advanced features by Samsung Bixby(90% people disabled it) – themes? (looks ugly if you choose darker as you get white navbar, no consistency in icons) – tried 1/2 theme then uninstalled, samsung members app ?- useless copy paste answer – timely security update – never Galaxy app – does anyone use that ? never heard. Only spen – useful sometimes (only good feature). My point is if a phone is flagship – should be treated as… Read more »
Martin Eugeniev

Wow… new emojis… that cool… the old one were////

neflictus
neflictus
If it was up to Samsung, you wouldn’t even see Oreo until July. Forget about Treble. They didn’t implement the Camera 2 API when it came out. I had a S5 and bought the Note 4 expecting manual controls. Had to go on and buy the S6. They’re just going to s..t on your face. You think they’re going to give you Project Treble, so they’d have no excuse for faster updates ? How are you going to buy the S9 ? It’s really Google’s fault. They should make the implementation of all the changes to Android mandatory. Samsung already… Read more »
locarno
locarno

No. Stay with Samsung.

Biransahin
Biransahin

Samsung have ALREADY confirmed that Treble is built into the S9 and S9 plus.

preime101
preime101

not really that fussed what it looks like as I use Nova Launcher, but the most important question will be whether it will support Project Treble

Biransahin
Biransahin

It’s not even a question. Project Treble is built into Oreo and works in the background. It’s not as if there’s a choice for OEMs to support or not. Have you not read the documentation? Samsung have already confirmed it on S9 and S9 plus. https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/project-treble-android-oreo/amp/

neflictus
neflictus

I was talking about the Oreo firmware for S8. Next year you’ll be waiting for Android P until the autumn without Treble.

milan187
milan187

S8 and Note 8 do not have treble support. S9 has to if they want to ship with Oreo.