Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program will go live in these countries

Home / News / Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program will go live in these countries

Samsung started working on the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ last month. We reported recently that there’s a possibility that Samsung might launch the Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program soon. Another report claimed that the beta program will be launched in the United States on October 31.

A new report brings us the names of the countries where Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program. It doesn’t reveal precisely when the beta will go live there, only that those select countries will get it.

Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta Program

The report claims that Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program in the United Kingdom, North America and South Korea in the first phase. The second phase will see the beta being launched in China, Germany, Spain, France, Poland and India. It’s unclear how long the wait will be between the first and second phase.

Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 owners in these markets will be able to join the beta through the Samsung Members app. The app is available from Galaxy Apps and the Google Play Store. They have to register for the Galaxy Beta Program from the Samsung Members app.

Once they have completed the registration process, they can download the Galaxy S8 Oreo beta from the Software update menu in Settings.

Samsung is yet to confirm anything about the Galaxy S8 Oreo beta program. It hasn’t shared a roadmap for the update’s public release as well. According to recent reports, the Galaxy S8 Oreo update might be released early next year.

Source

Firmware news 25

16 days 15 hours ago
michael pap

Beta registration in UK has closed. We have any news when will start in Germany? (or if reopen in UK?)

oyeniyib
24 days 8 hours ago
oyeniyib

It is 31st here in the US, has anyone on any of the service providers received any update or instructions for the beta program? Have buddies in the UK received anything from Samsung?

Milek29a
24 days 15 hours ago
Milek29a

How do I “complete the registration” to Beta Programme in Samsung Members?

brendonx
24 days 14 hours ago
brendonx

It’s not live yet.

o0MHJ0o
24 days 17 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

An update for Android O support for Smart Switch has dropped on the Play Store… hopefully that hints are something!

wanted4565
24 days 21 hours ago
wanted4565

The beta in England will only be available for BTU or even for EVR?

friss
24 days 22 hours ago
friss

Samsung should make the “Samsung Members” app available to all users worldwide to have standardised app globally and based on the region selected to display the relevant info from software testing to other news specific to the country instead of having different members app for different region doing different things.

25 days 10 hours ago
Maurice Mckenzie

It says the Samsung members app is incompatible for me too.
Any suggestions?

25 days 11 hours ago
santeripe

Very interesting, I’ll be doing a Smart Switch backup to my PC before flashing the Odin files that will inevitably leak tomorrow, because I don’t live in any of the countries that are eligible for the beta. I’ll keep all my data, be on the latest TouchWiz and Android 8.0, no downsides except time spent backing up and recovering.

TheNewsHQ
25 days 13 hours ago
TheNewsHQ

Where exactly within the Samsung Members App will I find that registration option?

brendonx
25 days 13 hours ago
brendonx

It hasn’t gone live yet so there is no registration option

TheNewsHQ
25 days 12 hours ago
TheNewsHQ

My question is once it’s live where in the app will I find it?

brendonx
25 days 12 hours ago
brendonx

Check everywhere, no one knows as this is first time they moved the registration to Samsung Members app. It used to be a dedicated app you installed.

Wouter15
25 days 14 hours ago
Wouter15

My S8 come from Germany, but I updated the serviceprovider. I live in Belgium, so normally I won’t be able to receive the beta. But I’m not sure about it. In the ‘about phone’ section, LUX/LUX/DBT is displayed. Will there be any chance that I can join the beta program? Or do I have to go completely back to DBT( Germany) with odin to join the beta?

deardevil
25 days 12 hours ago
deardevil

if Germany gets the beta you will get it also,if don’t work straight away,just remove the sim card,and simulate with tunnelBear ,that you’re in Germany and will work just fine.after install the beta put the sim card back on and you’re good to go.

mimahitna
24 days 12 hours ago
mimahitna

Did you tray this way…If this working, that will be great because we think that Beta is CSC dependent.

sukrith2194
25 days 14 hours ago
sukrith2194

The source says it’s already live and India will get it in the 1st phase itself!

wpDiscuz
Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! X