Galaxy Note 8 to come in 64GB and 128GB variants

A new report has surfaced online claiming that Samsung will launch two variants of the Galaxy Note 8: one with 64GB and another with 128GB of storage. Both handsets are also expected to support microSD cards, which can be used to bump the memory up to 256GB.

Recently, it was revealed that the Galaxy Note 8 will be Samsung’s most expensive smartphone to date, with an eye-watering price tag of around $1,000 in South Korea and more than $1,100 in Europe, North America and South America.

If leaks and rumors are anything to go by, the Galaxy Note 8 will sport a 6.3-inch edge-to-edge Infinity Display, an Exynos 8895/Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and a 3,300mAh non-removable battery. It should also ship running Android 7.1.1 Nougat.

Unfortunately, it’s looking like Samsung has decided to position the fingerprint reader on the back of the Galaxy Note 8, even though it has the technology required to embed it in the handset’s display, but it reportedly has a major flaw.

Nothing is confirmed at this precise moment in time, so all of this information should be taken with a relatively hefty pinch of salt. However, we shouldn’t have to wait too much longer to find out more as the device is tipped to hit the shelves by the end of September.

Source

Phones 10

billywongwashere
2 months 26 days ago
billywongwashere

They should’ve put 6gb in the s8

2 months 26 days ago
Stuart English

Still haven’t read any rumors of there being the ability to have two SIM cards and a memory card operating simultaneously as with other Samsung models.

This is a feature most traveler’s are looking for.

SenorSjon
2 months 26 days ago
SenorSjon

Why not the FPS south of the camera? It is such an akward place next to it. But I rather have it on the front, flanked by 2 buttons. OnePlus has that and HTC as well.

friss
2 months 26 days ago
friss

When Samsung can release all colours and storage size in all regions like Apple. Stop limiting the customers choices! Note 8 will have the same pattern of different colours and storage sizes via different regions for sure. A stupid marketing style

ANDROIDrouen
2 months 26 days ago
ANDROIDrouen

128gb please. I don’t care about the price.
Take my money and give me the best.

pkan87
2 months 26 days ago
pkan87

Totally agree. If they release 64gb and 128gb variants, as usual there will be 99% of the available models equiped with 64gb and the 128gb will be limited to a few market, or come 6 months later, or never come… Let’s hope they will be less stupid this time, if people are willing to pay to get more.

gsdworld21
2 months 26 days ago
gsdworld21

The 128gb version will likely only be released in China or Korea. Not that it matters because I cant see it being a big hit.

stondec
2 months 26 days ago
stondec

I hope the 128gb variant will be available everywhere in the USA from day 1. I really hate that the fingerprint scanner will be located in the back next to the camera.

Lukasz1536
2 months 26 days ago
Lukasz1536
I had the same feelings about fps on the back, but few days ago I bought S8 ( I’m a hypocrite aftet all my comments before). It is not so bad. I can easily reach the scanner without touching the camera lens (only few times I did it). The problem is when your phone is on the desk and you wanna unlock screen. Then you have to pick up the phone. I am using secure pin for that. IRIS is working good even in the dark, but when I got my glasses on, it has problems. I like the S8… Read more »
wpDiscuz