Galaxy Note 8 will cost more than $1,000 when it launches in September

Samsung will launch the much-anticipated Galaxy Note 8 in September, according to VentureBeat. The handset is expected to carry an eye-watering price tag of €999 ($1,120), earning it the title of the firm’s most expensive smartphone to date.

With regards to specifications, the Galaxy Note 8 is rumored to pack a 6.3-inch edge-to-edge Infinity Display (18.5:9 aspect ratio), an Exynos 8895/Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and a 3,300mAh non-removable battery.

The South Korean company is hoping to differentiate the Galaxy Note 8 from the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ by shipping it with an S Pen and a dual-camera, with each lens sporting a 12-megapixel sensor and independent OIS.

Unfortunately, all signs point towards Samsung positioning the fingerprint reader on the rear of the device to the right of the flash and heart rate sensor, though it’s reportedly left quite a lot of space between the components.

As for software, the Galaxy Note 8 will ship running Android 7.1.1 skinned with the latest version of Samsung’s Experience user interface. It’ll also be compatible with the current DeX dock and should have enhanced S Pen capabilities.

Recent leaks suggest that the Galaxy Note 8 will be available in three colors when it hits the shelves later this year — black, blue and gold. It goes without saying, however, that Samsung will release a handful of additional colors shortly after.

Source

Phones 44

Omaha4K
2 months 24 days ago
Omaha4K

… they have to have the price high, to allow for a 2-for-1 Verizon special …

2 months 26 days ago
adamlee92

touchwiz just updated on my s8 and they’ve fixed the app drawer lag

reggietwyn
2 months 27 days ago
reggietwyn

They will alienate several 100s of thousands with the projected price!

ASH8
2 months 28 days ago
ASH8

Wow, I guess Samsung has to make up all those losses from the Note 7 debacle.
We know the consumer always pays for all cost including the unforeseen ones.
In the end the smart phone market is shrinking, boom times are over as everyone has one.

Reshock
2 months 28 days ago
Reshock
I have been hanging on with my Note 4 hoping Samsung would pull it’s head out and at least provide a basic functional Replacement for it. 2 1/4 years and I Need to buy a 4th battery. The 2 original batteries in the rotation are not getting it. I will not pay that price for a Device that will be junk in 1 year!!! The Note 7 was nice but the Note 4 still works Great and rooted will probably still work fine after the 8 dies under the work load. Plug in the hub, T3 SSD and keyboard. The… Read more »
n900mixalot
2 months 28 days ago
n900mixalot

They will be buy one get one free and 400 off with trade ins within a few weeks of being released. This is no big deal.

The Note7 was expensive as hell too and everyone still bought them. Just wait a little while. There’s nothing about this Note that is going to make owning one on day one that exciting anyway.

SenorSjon
2 months 25 days ago
SenorSjon

We are not that lucky. We pay premium prices for you to have those discounts. 😉

maccyb
2 months 28 days ago
maccyb

It won’t be $1120 in the US. It will be $900 or 950 max. Remember the tax in the US is not shown on the retail price.

2 months 29 days ago
Michael Pitts
Now this is the one post where you should take this with a grain of salt, DAMN! I would say with a handful of salt because I can’t see how releasing the Note 8 makes any sense unless this phone launches with some ridiculous features no one has thought of. Again a lot of us here are most likely previous Note 7 owners that are waiting for Samsung to redeem themselves with the 8 but if they are going to take advantage of our loyalty by bumpin the price up this high they’re not going to get many sales and… Read more »
friss
friss
First buy later get lower end version like S8+ with 4GB RAM/64GB instead of 6GB RAM/128GB. The problem with Samsung now is they love to create variants of the same model for each region to suit individual markets from hardware spec, storage size to colour options instead of releasing globally that piss customers off. Sometimes it’s good to follow Apple, announce the price on unpacked so everyone know beforehand, show the big release date globally for first wave countries and ship all colours and storage sizes. No need to be so secretive by releasing region by region and set restrictions… Read more »
Sendoh05
Sendoh05

Ok, for that price I would expect the following:

– 128GB of ROM
– 6GB of RAM
– 4K Screen with HDR
– 5000 mAh Battery
– Dual Camera with 16 mpx sensors and OIS
– Screen Embedded Fingerprint Reader
– USB 3.1 Speed
– 3D Touch like tech on the display

These specs won’t happen, so… no deal to me!

SteveTud
SteveTud

1k !!! Damn id want it to cook breakfast and give me head every day for that much.

woody365
woody365

Preach it brother! Lol

SenorSjon
SenorSjon
It makes no sense. For ~€ 625 you’ll have the S3 with a stylus. That leaves € 375 for the phone with contract. You can get almost anything with that money. Again, why would you buy the S8+ Stylus Edition for that much cash? Where is the 3:2 screen like a proper notebook? Make the screen flat and give people choices. Why would anyone want to buy the N8 instead of the S8+?! Vodafone has a good deal on the HTC U11 now, I think I’m gonna pick that one up. OnePlus failed as well with a steep prices and… Read more »
o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o
Samsung had a great opportunity here. While Apple releases a crazy overpriced iPhone for the 10th anniversary, they could have hit this with a sweet price point to everyone second guessing their iPhones. But then you see how many people already spend $1000+ on higher capacity iPhones and you think why shouldn’t Samsung do the same, their certainly is a market for those big spenders why leave it for Apple? Galaxies already cost more than iPhones to make so a high price is somewhat justified. I jus hope there IS more to the Note 8 than a dual camera and… Read more »
karelnovak
karelnovak

Any update or rumors about 4K resolution?

Gregorius1
Gregorius1

The €999 retail price should translate to a little over $900, given that the €799 Galaxy S8 and €899 S8+ initially sold unlocked for about $725 and $825, respectively. The briefed individual claimed that the Note8 will be available at launch in shades of black, blue, and gold. In the US i would say it will be about $50-$150 more than the S8

MStuart
MStuart

But it will still be abandoned after two years.

kavalier
kavalier

Let’s see…….Note 8 costing as much as an iPhone 8….yet you get dependable updates from Crapple…….can purchase an extended warranty called Crapple Care +………Crapple supports their phones double to tripling that of Samsucks less than 18 months of “possible” support………Sounds like SamSuck would rather slit it’s own throat than care about us customers. My Note 4 edge is getting tired and my money wants value, longevity, and SUPPORT! BTW, I hate Crapple, but I can’t support SamSuck anymore with this laziness.

coupefx
coupefx

idiot

Gregorius1
Gregorius1

Samsung protection Plus/Samsung Premium Care
Both are extended care plans though samsung.
If you really dont like samsung why come to a samsung new site??
if apple is your cup of tea then go to an apple page

Ogishi
Ogishi

A shocking price tag undoubtedly. What feature on this phone makes them so confident of this price?

superg05
superg05

the original note edge was this price wasn’t it?

Reshock
2 months 28 days ago
Reshock

IlkkaV
IlkkaV

It’ll be a nice phone for sure, but with that price tag and Samsung’s still questionable support especially in NEE, I think it’s a Galaxy Nope 8 for me.

adrscu
adrscu

Awesome comment!

ijazali
ijazali

This phone better cooks me dinner as well

Fremenos
Fremenos
I don’t understand why some people hope that they will get a battery with 4000 capacity. Wake up! It’s just a S8+ with a SPen. That’s it! Nothing else. True changes between Galaxy and Note stopped with Note 4 and just get over it. I don’t like it either but we have to suck it up. I couldn’t believe how many settings/options were missing in my Note 7 compared to Note 4. It felt like a normal galaxy with a stick that you can use instead of your finger. Shame but we’ll only get S8+ with slightly bigger screen and… Read more »
kavalier
kavalier

No, we don’t have to suck it up. We can support companies who have our interests at stake.

caesantos
caesantos

I think this time is really different. Note 8 has to regain the good reputation that the Note line had before Note 7 and it’s gonna face the competition of iPhone 8, so something remarkable has to be done, otherwise there’s no need to have a new Note.

caesantos
caesantos

Note 8 is gonna face the tough competition of iPhone 8, so I am sure Samsung is gonna bring us something powerful, gorgeous and unique. The only thing I think it’s certain is the dual-camera. The rest is pure speculation.

artocube

I wish! Evan Blass (the original author of the above information) is rarely wrong and I am afraid these specs are more of a reality than a speculation. But…fingers crossed (and vote-up) you are right. 🙂

caesantos
caesantos

Note 8 has another task and this is a REALLY tough one: to regain the Note line good reputation and this is not going to be acomplished releasing a “S8+ with a S Pen and a dual-camera”. Snapdragon 836, 16 megapixel dual camera, 6 GB of RAM, bigger battery, 128 GB internal memory and maybe another surprises…

artocube

3300? Not even S8+’s 3500? And same 835 chipset with S8? And what’s with all the fingerprint sensor/flash/cameras mingle back there?? ….plus I get to buy all of this for THAT price tag???
I think I am waiting in vain all these months for this smartphone. Doesn’t sound like a good investment anymore…. Sad actually, as the entire Note series always got me bursting from excitement (pun intended).

gsdworld21
gsdworld21

So it’ll be the most expensive phone and will be released with a rear fingerprint scanner. I’d already decided against it. If the note 7 comes back I’ll buy to Europe I’ll buy that instead. Failing that I’ll stick with the S7 Edge for now. Such a shame. We waited for a year just to be disappointed

wpDiscuz