Posted by Abhijeet M. 7 months ago

Samsung doesn’t expect to sell too many Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets

N1_20_Set_Black

The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition that Samsung announced at the IFA along with the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear might be one of the most high-end and altogether awesome (at least on paper) tablets to come out of the company’s stable, but according to a report by DigiTimes, Samsung doesn’t expect to sell too many units, only aiming for around half a million per month.

This isn’t actually surprising, because 10.1-inch tablets aren’t really popular anymore, with even the iPad losing out to the iPad mini in sales, so a huge sales target doesn’t make sense. Sure, many will buy the new Note 10.1 for the S Pen and the software features, but again, most will prefer to go for the cheaper, more convenient 7-inchers, unless Samsung can come up with an upgraded Galaxy Note 8.0 in the coming months.

Are any of you planning on buying the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?

Via

12 comments on “Samsung doesn’t expect to sell too many Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets

1. wietze 7 months ago said:

yes i will once it come out :)

2. vbx 7 months ago said:

Samsung really needs to look into bringing back the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Keep the form factor the same.

Just give it a quad-core, 2gb rams, higher resolutions and most importantly Windows 8.

Also keep the Phone and Text capability.

• AODfan 7 months ago said:

I actually really like my Tab 8.9, it would be sweet if they updated that form factor. But for us there is a close compromise. There is the Note and Tab 8.0.

3. carlosml1 7 months ago said:

I do want to buy when it comes out three tablets note and three note 3 but maybe I’ll think about it after the policy updates that Samsung has had with the note 2 and note 10.1

4. exo_23 7 months ago said:

Since I already have an S4, I’m not interested in this at all. The reason is not because this tablet is bad, but I love to mix and match, and I have a tight budget. I’m planning to get either a Windows 8 hybrid or Ultrabook instead..

5. ksevek 7 months ago said:

I will probably get one. When, or if, they come out with the 8.0, I’ll pass it on to my Granddaughter and buy the 8.0.

• ksevek 7 months ago said:

I just bought the Tab 3 10.1 and hate it, I went back to my old Note and am in need of something better, the Tab 3 was not better!

6. xhustler 7 months ago said:

I will definitely get this when it launches in Africa.

7. westbros 7 months ago said:

Yes, I will almost certainly be interested in this tablet, assuming the price is not too extreme. For what I would use a tablet for, a 10 inch slate would be preferable to a 7-8 inch.

8. RaptorOO7 7 months ago said:

Does anyone seriously put stock in anything Digi Times reports. I pre-ordered my GN3, GG both in Black on Verizon today, plan on immediately buying a GN10.1 2014 Edition once it goes on sale, WiFi in Black. Looking for a 64GB but will likely HAVE to settle on 32GB since US retailers like to screw US consumers.

As for Samsung not selling enough, that is just typical Samsung bashing. The tablet is a solid device with solid features. I have owned ipads, they are boring, same year in and year out, with a perceived spec bump in processor that from what I can tell doesn’t actually bump up anything.

9. abbas46 7 months ago said:

I was interested in tablets 10 inches until 8 inches came out. I will wait to see a high tech 8 inch tablet by samsung then I click buy botton

10. Mahmudkamal 7 months ago said:

i would buy it.Big screen, high resolution, best processor, bes gpu, 3g ram, dual window, s-pen, floating apps, good functions and others.