Biggest Samsung community SamMobile voted, the best phone of the year is…

With over 20000 votes in our poll the winner of the best Samsung smartphone of the year is the Samsung Galaxy S III!
The Galaxy S III received 12811 votes where the Galaxy Note II is strongly placed second with 7964 votes. The third place of best device of the year goes to the Galaxy S III Mini with only 231 votes, really close to the ATIV S which scored 215 votes!

Gold SamMobile Medal – Samsung Galaxy S III
Silver SamMobile Medal – Samsung Galaxy Note II
Bronze SamMobile Medal  - Samsung Galaxy S III mini

SamMobile will use the medals in every news message about one of  the devices!

Congratulations!!!

SILVERGOLDBRONZE

Phones 33

waa2398
2 years 8 months ago

cegc135 – Samsung has by far the worst interface for android. TouchWiz takes 80% of an update and 20% is the actual AOSP original code. That’s the reason that extra 1GB of ram is very helpful and you will see that I don’t think they well use a 1 GB or ram for the new upcoming S4-S5-et, Note 3-Note 4 models.

How much your battery can handle is a HUGE talking use for every single phone out there. You been a “technician” should know that. Even Google is working on improving this. I can use my note 2 for playing Gameloft games, (NFL PRO 13 – Heroes of Orden and Chaos), while on a 4G network chating, browsing, downloading, etc. and I stil l have enough battery to get me home using GPS navigation and after all this I put my phone to charge after almost 16 hours of heavy duty use.

That to ME is simple amazing that only comes on the Note Series. By far, the Galaxy S3 is a winner to the everyday consumer and a big for that is the size. Just answering to this dumbass who posted “to all those dumb people saying note 2 is the best…” how the Galaxy Note 2 is the BEST….

ruzul
2 years 8 months ago

as expected S3 at the top of all the one…..

salim833
2 years 8 months ago

I think galaxy s3 should be the second not first…

qwertyedu
2 years 8 months ago

@sucksung… bravo… :P you learned english from OXFORD right ??? I guess you need to learn better english from the slum :P… ///giant phone s3, note2 and iphone 5 human phone /// what the @#$% are you talking about ??? and about vulnerability in the os.. and patch is being made as we speak.. so #$^& off :x

sucksung

Giant Phone is S3 ,Note2
and Iphone5 is Human Phone.

sucksung

Easy To Hacking
Many Mulware to kill your PHONE
It Will Broken when you open some application
and.and.and MORE

sucksung
2 years 8 months ago

There is INSPIRATION BY ALIEN With KILL UPDATE ANOTHER SAMSUNG PHONE.

qwertyedu

@cegc135 :)

cegc135

@qwertydu Thanks =).

qwertyedu
2 years 8 months ago

cegc135 … i read your comment and I absolutely agree to that :)

qwertyedu
2 years 8 months ago

waa2398… dude… i am not here to put a fight over this… to make it clear i have used note 2 … also i previously owned a note… i had to give away note to buy s3 simply because i could not find using the phone comfortably outside… note 2 is perfect for indoor use… and also please dont talk about ram and cpu power…. it doesnt make a difference….. note 2 has 2GB ram…. yes I agree… but have you ever checked how much ram is available for apps ??? if not pls do that :P.. and for the CPU part… it is nothing but and EXNOS4412 overclocked to 1.6GHz the same chip used in S3 :P one can always use a custom kernel to overclock s3 :D … i have mine clocked at 1.6GHZ :D :P…. and also remember the clockspeed whenever is higher and more the time the CPU runs in 1.6GHz, the chance for battery draining faster is more… so please stop blabbering about stuff you dont know… and about s-pen… it is just a gimmic.. tell me how much use have you got with the spen ?? forget the ads….. do u draw or paint ??? :P

lcmazza…. if you can use note2 comfortably then good for you brother :P… i dont mind :P

@above all… all I am saying is… if you have the money I would suggest you buy an s3.. and get a note800….. ;) …..peace….

losteagle
2 years 8 months ago

Bronze to Samsung Galaxy S III mini ??? What a hell !

That’s not true, in my opinion ……

Who buy this shit phone for 449 euro ?! Naaaaaaaa

cegc135
2 years 8 months ago

Galaxy S II is not there because it was not released in 2012, this was the “Best Smartphone Of The Year” which implies that it had to be released between January 1st and December 31st, or in this case, until yesterday.

These 3 were chosen by the users that come in here, not all 30 million Galaxy S III owners are here and voted. Galaxy S III still wins over most phones and especially over the Note II because it’s a more mainstream phone thanks to its size and the huge publicity it still has compared to the rest.

And that notion that “people who don’t feel comfortable using a Note II must be dwarfs, midgets, elves or whatever” is way out of line, my boyfriend has a Galaxy Note II which I have access to everyday; I also work with mobile phones on a daily basis since I’m a technician and I’ve had the opportunity to use both Galaxy Note devices many times and they are just not comfortable to use with one hand (as many people are used to), and I’m not precisely small-handed or a dwarf.

The Galaxy Note series are not for everyone and were never intended to be, those who feel otherwise or own one should actually feel pretty good about themselves for being part of a very special group that are able to use and enjoy continuous use of a device that large and are a piece of the market that was never paid attention to and are now being pleased.

That said, the Note series are not an improvement over anything but their own category since they are a category on their own right, the Galaxy S III is still what you could call a regular sized smartphone that caters to almost everyone and this is what will always make it far more accesible even if it has “only” 1GB of RAM (writing that “only” before 1GB felt really weird, almost as if 1GB is crappy for today’s standards which is absolutely not), has a “mere” 2100 mAh battery (a “mere” that’s way too far fetched) and does not use an S-Pen which is not really an improvement over anything.

Battery life is too subjective and depends on the user, you could have a 5000 mAh battery and still spend it all in 8 hours while I could easily reach 15 hours with my mere 2100 mAh battery.

Let’s try to be more objective about things and enjoy the fact that we all have the best phones in the market.

Greetings.

lcmazza
2 years 8 months ago

aamaro1971… he’s right. I highly doubt you have both in the first place. Also, maybe you’re a dwarf if you can’t use the Note 2 everyday.

waa2398
2 years 8 months ago

qwertyedu, sir you are by far the stupidest person I have seen write a comment. The Galaxy Note Series is the improvement of the Galaxy Series by far… the S3 has 1GB of RAM, a Quad Core at 1.4 GHZ, a Li-Ion 2100 mAh while the Galaxy Note 2 has 2GB of RAM, a Quad Core at 1.6 GHZ, a Li-Ion 3100 mAh, S-Pen. I do agree that the S3 is maybe a bit more portable but the Galaxy Note Series is not as umconfrobable as people think. So before actually talking about sizes read you freacking morron

qwertyedu
2 years 8 months ago

to all those dumb people saying note 2 is the best…. note 2 is not a phone and it is definitely not an easy one to carry around and for daily use.. more over s3 has enough screen already…. so guys complaining about note2 not winning… shut the @#$$ up…. peace :P

codrinst
2 years 8 months ago

S2 deserve the 3th place for both design and hardware (performance) at it’s time was the first 1,4 ghz dual-core smartphone in the world a bit after LG Optimus 2x (because that one was the first dual-core smartphone in the world with only 1ghz processor). In this classament S2 deserve the 3th place.

_Marcoo_

yes, we all ave to agree, S2 should be here

Addled
2 years 8 months ago

S3 mini not worth it the S2 Galaxy was a slot in for bronze.

I own an S3 and have used a friends Note 2 for a while. Once I got used to its size I definitely felt the Note 2 was the better of the two devices.

Alfred03
2 years 8 months ago

Good news, God bless Samsung! ;)

lcmazza
2 years 8 months ago

“The Most Popular Phone in 2012″ is the S3.

Far from the best… people vote with what they have, not for the best.

xarfrost
2 years 8 months ago

CrisR82, i agree to that comment. S2 would have been 3rd place.

Anyway to be honest I like the feel of S3, those sexy curves feels good to the hands. I often remove my metal bumpers to enjoy the real feel while I text and call.

CrisR82