While Samsung fans are looking forward to Android 14 and One UI 6.0, the company still isn't done updating devices with One UI 5.1.1, the current latest version of One UI for Galaxy foldables and tablets.
One UI 5.1.1 for the Galaxy Tab S7 FE started rolling out a couple of weeks back for unlocked models in a few markets, and now, it has been released on the Verizon network for the 5G version of the tablet in the USA (Verizon doesn't carry the Wi-Fi-only variant).
One UI 5.1.1 brings many improvements to various aspects of the user interface, such as Multi Window multitasking, the Taskbar, and the Gallery app. The Taskbar can now show up to 4 recently used apps, and Multi Window now supports two-handed drag and drop and so does the Gallery app (so you can select multiple images and press and hold them with one finger, then use the other hand to browse to where you want to copy the selected items).
For a list of all that's new in One UI 5.1.1 for the Galaxy Tab S7 FE, check out the full changelog from Verizon below.
What's new in One UI 5.1.1 for the Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Improved app arrangement on Recents screen.
- Easily launch Multi-Window or pop-up view with drag and drop windows.
- Added two-handed drag and drop functionality.
- Taskbar can now show up to 4 recent apps
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes.
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.
- Added support to listen to Auracast broadcasts.
How to download the update on your Galaxy Tab S7 FE
You can download One UI 5.1.1 over the air from your tablet's Settings » Software update menu. If you do nothing, your tablet will notify you about the update on its own in a few days. The update comes with firmware version T738USQU7CWI3 and, in addition to the new features, it includes the September 2023 security patch.
One UI 5.1.1 won't be the final feature update for your Galaxy Tab S7 FE. The tablet is also eligible for Android 14/One UI 6.0, which is currently in the beta phase of development and will start rolling out for eligible Galaxy smartphones and tablets later this year (possibly as soon as next week).