Good news for Good Lock users! A Samsung Community manager confirmed today that the Good Lock platform is getting new and improved features tailored for the One UI 5.0 experience. They will go live around October 24-25, which could indicate that One UI 5.0 may exit the beta program around the same date.
Let’s start with the Good Lock announcement. Samsung will add new features to Good Lock modules such as Quick Star, Nav Star, Home Up, and ClockFace. The finer details are lost in translation, but the list of new features seemingly includes:
- A new Good Lock module for controlling camera settings
- QuickStar is getting a top bar stopwatch function and more status bar features
- NavStar will soon feature an adjustable taskbar button
- Home Up is getting new share manager features
- ClockFace will offer support for tablets
- A function that allows users to create memes using the Keys Cafe keyboard module
- A new Good Lock feature for sharing settings and personalized UI elements with friends and other devices
One UI 5.0 could exit the beta stage on October 24-25!
The recent Community post claims that these new Good Lock features designed for Galaxy devices running One UI 5.0 are coming on October 24-25. It could mean that One UI 5.0 will be ready for public release on October 24 or the day after, at least in South Korea and other select markets.
This isn’t a direct confirmation of a One UI 5.0 release date. The Community post could very well indicate that these Good Lock features and improvements will be coming to One UI 5.0 beta on October 24-25. However, seeing how Samsung already confirmed during SDC22 that the new version of One UI is going to be released publicly before the end of the month, an October 24-25 public release of One UI 5.0 for the Galaxy S22 series seems plausible.
We’ll keep you posted! Until then, if you haven’t kept up with the recent progress on One UI 5.0 and wish you could catch up, you can check out our hands-on video on the fourth beta build below.