Samsung's new foldable phones introduced at Unpacked 2022 have broken pre-order records in South Korea. The Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 have outperformed the 2021 generation, and, surprisingly enough, they've also reached higher daily average pre-order figures than the Galaxy S22 series.
According to foreign reports citing Samsung Electronics, the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4 in South Korea recorded 970,000 pre-orders combined between August 16-22. Comparatively, the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and the Z Flip 3 topped 920,000 pre-orders in their first week on the market.
Furthermore, while the Galaxy Z Flip 3 outsold the Galaxy Z Fold 3 7-to-3, pre-orders for the 2022 foldable phones in the first week of availability were slightly more balanced. 65% of pre-orders were covered by the Galaxy Z Flip 4, leaving 35% to the larger Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Samsung's 2022 foldable phones attract more pre-order customers than the Galaxy S22 series
On average, Samsung recorded 138,000 Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4 pre-orders every day throughout the first week on the market in South Korea. Comparatively, the 2021 foldable phones reached an average of 131,000 daily pre-orders last year.
More importantly, Samsung's new foldable phones have also outperformed the Galaxy S22 lineup in terms of daily pre-order numbers in South Korea. The Galaxy S22 series averaged 127,000 daily pre-orders over a period of eight days from launch, falling short of the new Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4.
Judging by these pre-order figures in the company's home market, the new generation of foldable phones is a complete success. However, only time will tell if Samsung will be able to keep the momentum going and break sales records after the pre-order period concludes. Back in June, reports said that Samsung was looking at selling 15 million 2022 foldable phones combined, which probably wouldn't be enough to dethrone the Galaxy S22 series long-term.
SamsungGalaxy Z Fold 4